Erickson: Sasquatch More Widespread Than Common Black Bear

gigantor

Guest Blackdog

Black bear sticks to very remote, and very particular areas...

No they don't, they are notorious gabage can raiders and often enter urban areas when their natural food sources are low.

Guest Sallaranda

No they don't, they are notorious gabage can raiders and often enter urban areas when their natural food sources are low.

Remote was just the wrong rhetoric. Particular was the word I was looking for but I was too lazy to edit it out. :D

Guest Strick

I think the map in the opening post re: Black Bear distribution is too conservative. It has them almost extinct from Georgia, but the last time I traveled in those parts they were busting out all over..... :huh:

Admin

Erickson also stated something about how Sasquatch is more capable of living in more diverse environments, so I think he's merely saying that Sasquatch inhabits a larger physical area than does the black bear.

If you listen to the interview, he was implying that they are all over the place and live in family groups. He did say that they occur in most forested areas in North America.

To do that, there must be lost of them.

Edited by gigantor

Guest Bigfoot Proof
In fact and for a fact I have talked to 3 different F and G personnel in the last six months and they all just laugh when I mention Sasquatch. And those are the guys who are out there much more often and more hours than most of us. I believe there are less than 3000 BF in all of North America. Just barely enough to maintain a breeding pool. Maybe not even that. And no I have never seen one.

Let um laugh, who better for the SAS' to stay away from than them, good thing they have smarts. I wouldn't believe a Federal worker if you paid me, they are always telling people, 'no... no cats here' or no, 'no bears in this state'. I can't argue anyones guesstimate after all we do have different opinions but take into consideration the thousands upon thousands of reported sightings, incidences and what people heard... and at least triple that to account for the unreported sightings. How many of us have seen a bear in the wild? And they're dumb compared to a SAS. One could be 20' in front and not seen or heard. So make fun if you like, have a good laugh... I stand by their population being equal to black bears.

Guest Sallaranda

If you listen to the interview, he was implying that they are all over the place and live in family groups. He did say that they occur in most forested areas in North America.

To do that, there must be lost of them.

True enough. I did listen to Erickson's interview a while ago and my comment was based purely on memory.

If there are so many why couldn't any one show us a track when I threw down the gauntlet?

Maybe because there aren't that many people out looking for the tracks, even fewer that saw your gauntlet, the terrain doesn't show tracks but in a few places, and the target doesn't have to step there.

Guest wudewasa

I heard that sasquatches and black bears have been breeding, and their offspring look like mangy bears that imitate stumps in front of game cameras in exchange for zagnut bars!

Guest fenris

Remote was just the wrong rhetoric. Particular was the word I was looking for but I was too lazy to edit it out. :D

maybe you've never heard of dump bears, as in city dump?

Guest Lesmore

Doesn't make any sense to me. Over the years I've seen a couple hundred of Black bears in the wild...Eastern Mb.....NW Ontario....Boreal Forests, Canadian Shield.

Never seen any trace of BF though.

Guest Knuck

There are a hellufalot more Sasses in my neck of the woods than black bears. I tend to agree with Erickson. JMEO-Knuck

Guest ThePattyArcade
I heard that sasquatches and black bears have been breeding, and their offspring look like mangy bears that imitate stumps in front of game cameras in exchange for zagnut bars!

:D Good one

As for Erickson, I don't agree with his opinion (I personally think the Sasquatch population is in decline...) but as long as he delivers the goods, it doesn't matter what he says

Edited by ThePattyArcade
  • Upvote 1

Guest MAN OF THE WOODS

Lets look outside the box(USA)im sure most of us had to study about the explosion in Tunguska Siberia.

There wasn't documented reports only word of mouth amoung the "locals",but it was known that there was,

Strange beings along the Tunguska river & the people that seen these beings called them "Derevo Chelovek"

In russian means"Human Tree"or Tree People.I heard this only one time & never again.It was in the early 90s

By Grover Krantz.