How Much Would You Invest To Prove Or Disprove The Existence Of Sasquatch

slabdog

How much would you invest to prove or disprove Sasquatch's existence?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Serious Poll Question for both skeptics and believers:

(please take time to read this BEFORE you vote)

How much would YOU personally “invest†in a serious “for profit research effort†to determine once and for all whether or not (and I truly mean "whether or not") there is an unknown ape living in North America?

Humor me in assuming that the following statements about the effort would be true:

1) The effort itself would be professionally directed by an equal balance of common sense “believers†and open minded skeptics with a business plan in place that would prohibit “politics or dramaâ€.

2) The research effort would employ full time experts from various needed disciplines (science, tracking, electronics etc)

3) The effort would not be officially launched until the financial backing is such that the finished product (the research effort itself) was complete and 100% organized and ready to be effectively deployed into the field (ex. full time researchers hired, appropriate equipment secured, reserve fund established to pay for subsequent testing necessary ex. DNA, hair sample evaluation, photo evaluation, etc )

and finally, the kicker

4) Any future profits (royalties) from the effort (either from an actual discovery or even a documentary that details the discovery of evidence or the lack of any discovery of evidence that concludes Sas likely does not exist) would be proportionately distributed back to the “shareholders†(i.e YOU).

If I left out any important facets that would make you feel comfortable with investing....just humor me and imagine that the effort was such that you would be confident that it would be professional, unbiased, not a scam or an any way able to be hijacked by personalities or politics.

B) I wouldn't spend a penny on 'the cause' because (1) I already know they are real and (2) I don't particularly look forward to what must surely be a period of slaughter and brutalization following science's 'discovery' of Squatchy.

Dudlow

SSR Team

Zero for me & i pretty much follow Dudlow's view..

& i'd love to see how someone, anyone, can PROVE that there is no BF out there... ;)

I would only consider contributing to such an endeavor if it were agreed that the "profits" would go to some kind of conservation-study-protection effort. I'm with Dudlow though, I think if they are not already endangered they soon would be.

B) I wouldn't spend a penny on 'the cause' because (1) I already know they are real and (2) I don't particularly look forward to what must surely be a period of slaughter and brutalization following science's 'discovery' of Squatchy.

Dudlow

wow........

Slaughter and brutalization?

seriously?

I would only consider contributing to such an endeavor if it were agreed that the "profits" would go to some kind of conservation-study-protection effort. I'm with Dudlow though, I think if they are not already endangered they soon would be.

Not a bad idea...

My question was intented to be focused more on "would you invest to solve the mystery" rather than "where the money would go" anyways.

But if they are endangered, why would we not want to prove their existence in order to preserve their habitat and hope to rebuild their numbers?

ohhh...that's right...the whole "brutilization and slaughter" thing...

my bad.

:blink:

Guest Lesmore

Not much....maybe finance a trip to the PNW and go on some hikes.

I'm not sure I would use the word.." invest.."....as that implies there's profit to be made. I don't think there's a lot of money to be made, even if there is a Bigfoot.

You might sell some clear pictures, sell some interviews at best.....but I don't think the idea of making a profit is likely.

I'm not sure I would use the word.." invest.."....as that implies there's profit to be made. I don't think there's a lot of money to be made, even if there is a Bigfoot.

You might sell some clear pictures, sell some interviews at best.....but I don't think the idea of making a profit is likely.

Yeah....your probably right....

someone better call the people at I-Max and the History and Discover Channels and tell em to pull the plug on this whole non-profitable documentary fad.

:mellow:

Guest Lesmore

Yeah....your probably right....

someone better call the people at I-Max and the History and Discover Channels and tell em to pull the plug on this whole non-profitable documentary fad.

:mellow:

Production companies and investors (big time investors) make the real money in these ventures....not the 'little' guy with his Sony handycam. :D

Production companies and investors (big time investors) make the real money in these ventures....not the 'little' guy with his Sony handycam. :D

yeeeeaaahhh....read the original survey question again.....slooooowly and caaaaaarefully.

SSR Team

yeeeeaaahhh....read the original survey question again.....slooooowly and caaaaaarefully.

Wow, what a delight you are..

• Upvote 1

Guest Lesmore

I did. I was trying to be nice about your idea. Thank you for your well considered response.

Wow, what a delight you are..

Why thank you! :lol:

Sorry...as you clearly sensed..I am just frustrated...and was putting forth a serious poll question to test the sentiment of people (believers and skeptics) interested in Sasquatch.

I believe that this mystery will never be solved (one way or another) until and unless there is appropriate funding available to conduct full time research with the appropriate equipment and recourses.

Last time I checked...chasing the squatch doesn't put food on the table, feed the kids or fund the 401K.

I have a theory that since the science and academic community won't fund a full time research effort....a "strength in numbers approach" from interested normal folk just might.

For example...I am a midwesterner in an area with zero chance of sasquatch. While I might not be able take part in research...I think I would probably toss in a few bones to help the cause...especially if it was one that was a truly unbiased, professional full time research effort.

I think I would gladdly invest in a full time effort that I truly felt was professional, complete and just skeptical enough to be dangerous. I would not invest to buy a guy a new handicam or a new camera trap for which to tromp around the woods on every other saturday listening for wood knocks and looking for eye shine..

Maybe I am the only one...but given the large number of people that come to this forum daily...I doubt it.

If the proper full time research effort is conducted in the right area for the right amount of time and ZERO evidence is located....probably means Sas does not exist. On the same note...if even a shred of good physical evidence if found...might justify the continuation of a full time effort.

Or...things can keep on keeping on as they are today.....and we will see where that gets us.

Slabdog, yours is not a "bad" idea IMO just dificult to impliment. I think such an effort would be hard to organize and a money pit when established.

I too get frustrated at the lack of progress to obtain undeniable scientific proof. Ref Dudlows, BobbyOs and my fears of hunting the species to extinction, man has done it before to far less "intimidating" animals.

• masterbarber locked this topic