Scientific 'proof' ? (For Total Skeptics)

If it's hard to believe they're all false, that's prima facie reason for getting the scientific mainstream involved to find out.

You're doubting your own personal experience - a classic bigfoot encounter?

Um, OK.

Guest Cervelo

Yup for sure!

Based on the criteria of many on this fourm I'm a Bigfoot magnet...I cannot recall a single time I've ventured into the great outdoors that I have not encountered what would be a bigfoot experience or evidence of Bigfoot!

When you go on a witch hunt guess what you find....exactly what your looking.

Truly have an open mind (without letting your brain fall out) when one spends time outdoors and have some outdoor experience, you'll most likley see some really cool stuff.

Go in looking for Bigfoot or sign of biggie you'll find exactly what your looking for everytime.

As far as your newest "reasoning"...I'll file it in the same place as your "rules of arguement" the same pile as the rest ;)

Here's the definition and the absurdity of how it's being used!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_facie

Focus on the part about burden of proof :)

Edited by Cervelo

Guest LarryP

The paper proves that people can, and will, report seeing things that are not there.

But it doesn't prove that all people report seeing things that are not there.

Which proves that out of the thousands of reported sightings at least a portion of them were valid.

Here's what you said...read it and weep not a single sighting can be proven to be valid or proven true or false.....bottom line is they don't count until a body or significant part hits the floor!

Even then only a few might be "valid" or true.

My experiences with BF go far beyond just "sightings". So armed with that knowledge I have absolutely no doubt that many of the reported sightings were in fact valid sightings

The only real difference between myself and a knower is I refuse to "believe" in something that the facts do not support on so many levels, regardless of my own personal experience.

Actually, the real difference between yourself and a knower is experience.

Which is what makes dmaker's comment about seeing a Bear, as opposed to a BF, so laughable. 

If he had experienced what I have experienced on numerous occasions, he would know with absolute certainty that a Bear has nothing to do with it. 

Which is what makes dmaker's comment about seeing a Bear, as opposed to a BF, so laughable.

That, right there!!   People who make such comments really truly don't realize how foolish approaching insulting their words are ... intentional or otherwise.

MIB

Guest Cervelo

LarryP,

I'm sure your experiences are proof enough for you, but until you or anyone else can prove it... they remain for now more anecdotal experience/stories with no proof whatsoever.

I had a NDE or was dead when I was younger and had a brief conversation with what some might consider a supreme being, it was as real as anything I've ever experienced...but it's still just a story :)

Edited by Cervelo

Well, did the supreme being give you any tips?

Because when it comes to religion, I am kinda seeing conflicting data.  :o

Guest Cervelo

Well we can't really get into all that on the open fourm but it would be a disappointment for most but was a comfort for me at the time :)

Guest LarryP

LarryP,

I'm sure your experiences are proof enough for you, but until you or anyone else can prove it... they remain for now more anecdotal experience/stories with no proof whatsoever.

I had a NDE or was dead when I was younger and had a brief conversation with what some might consider a supreme being, it was as real as anything I've ever experienced...but it's still just a story :)

Roger that.

One man's "story" is another man's reality.

My father had several NDE's until he finally passed away a year and a half ago from congestive heart failure.

He and I had a lot of very interesting conversations about what he experienced and because he was a good man who led a good life,  it was all good.