Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

While hiking out in the woods, I spied something hiding on the grassy floor in front of me..

post-1229-062320100 1300077881_thumb.jpg

Edited by St.Croix

Guest tracker

Hey that sort of looks like ET finger?

What do you guy's think of that polar bear attack report @ Alert? In the post before the pics of Alert CFS? Although I fast tracked to the good stuff, it really happened.

Imagine having a big white looking in your window because your it's dinner? I wish i was up there for that one. What a hard story to beat, Hunting down a couple of big white fur balls in a snowstorm at night. I had to get the next round after that one. dry.gif

Guest Sallaranda

before clicking on the picture I'd guessed Grouse, or maybe a red trillium.... :blush:

BTW your camera takes sharp pics!

That's a white tailed deer right?

Sorry, I DO love stories like that...Polar bears altho are my fav...yeah they're dangerious, yeah they're a problem in the northern communities...however..they are still the most large cat-like of all the bears behavior-wise. Have you seen the Russian Researcher who works with them? He's got them down to a "T". He lives with them, not nearly as crazy as the" Grizzly Man".

I'd say how much I envy you your time up in Alert...but Your head would swell!!

Can't have that!

;)

before clicking on the picture I'd guessed Grouse, or maybe a red trillium.... :blush:

BTW your camera takes sharp pics!

I knew it was roughly somewhere close because I had followed this fawn and it's mother down a long path with my binoculars. Moving slowly I finally stopping raised and pointed my camera to where I thought I had last seen the fawn. I was even more surprised when I looked thru the lens to where I could then see the sunlight in the background illuminating it's ears. From there I got another surprise or shiver as I could see him/her looking right at me trying not to move a millimeter. I definitely got lucky on this one.

Guest tracker

The Pics, didn't attach, sigh.....

If you imagine a moose waaaay down the road after the dip, that's what I woke up to...

Sorry i got bogged down replying in other threads, nice pics .I ve seen that big goose up close too. Wanted to take a shot at it in revenge for the live ones that crap purple every where. I did some long haul driving alone. it dangerous even with some one to spell you. People don't sleep too well in a car so it affects their reaction time, Then you hit a moose because it take you too long to see or recognize it. Did you pull over and do any hiking? It sounds like you had a great adventure. :)

Edited by tracker

All of these locations are in the Mt Hood area in Oregon. These are all areas I check out routinely.

Hideaway Lake near Mt Mitchell

post-33-086847300 1300246732_thumb.jpg

Indian Henry off the Clackamas River

post-33-036934900 1300246734_thumb.jpg

Mololla side of the Divide Ridge near Skookum Lake

post-33-091809600 1300246735_thumb.jpg

Fish Creek Road off the Clackamas River

post-33-045407100 1300246737_thumb.jpg

Guest tracker

Hey great shots OM, Oregon is a great place to go exploring !

I would be tempted to keep on going in back country like that. Compass and survival skills can come in handy when out searching for the big smellies. ;)

Guest tracker

Here's a couple more shots of winter in the CAF. Sorry if it makes anyone feel cold. I am going to move on to spring / summer next.

practice, practice, practice. Adjusting to the eliments is vital. :huh:

canadian-special-forceswinter.jpg?t=1300286253

Squad on patrol, the fun never ends in the forces dry.gif

CAFonpatrol.jpg?t=1300286253

I must be boring people with my pics and stories? Hey I am just trying to keep the thread going until it catches on. ;)

Not bored at all....now I have to dig old Pics up an scan them into the computer so I can post them....my best pics aren't digital. Oh....we didn't hike that trip....that was my first trip to the Panorama Amethyst mine. I turned into the "human Gopher" !! LOL!! I was face-surfing in the dirt & mud. The Dorian Mine too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tracker

Here a pic of the river I hike down to on occassion back at the bridge. Actually i'am hiking by there today, keeping an eye out for coyotes and coydogs we may need a cull soon. They are starting to get too bold and the packs too big that = danger. Sorry if that bothers anyone but they attack people and pets in their own back yards up here sometimes. dry.gif

DSCF0211.jpg?t=1301169079

Edited by tracker

Guest Cervelo

Found this yesterday thought it was kinda cool. Looks like someone never got their bonfire going 50yrs ago. Odd thing was it looks like someone has been taking stuff off of some parts and adding stuff to other areas. Its about 8' high and 6' around. post-705-097589500 1301256947_thumb.jpg