Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

These were last year at an Ontario location.

_MG_0030-1.jpg

_MG_9748.jpg

Nice pics, looks these like pics are from my old stomping grounds in Muskoka or further north.

Guest tracker

Found this yesterday thought it was kinda cool. Looks like someone never got their bonfire going 50yrs ago. Odd thing was it looks like someone has been taking stuff off of some parts and adding stuff to other areas. Its about 8' high and 6' around. post-705-097589500 1301256947_thumb.jpg

No prints? jeez a camp fire built that big could set the whole bush on fire. people are that smart some times. dry.gif

Guest Cervelo

No prints? jeez a camp fire built that big could set the whole bush on fire. people are that smart some times. dry.gif

No prints but the forest floor was all padded down and there were some "trails" to the pile but that could just be my wishful thinking. I gotta tell ya the longer I looked at this thing the less I Iiked it quite frankly, I felt I was looking at some sort of monument the site is not far outside Richmond Va. but access is very diffcult if you don't know how to get there. There is obvious evidence of an old farm and part of the area is a private hunting property with very limited access. I snuck in a back way (long hike) Just thought it was cool and alittle creepy at the same time. I have some other pic I will try to post!

Guest tracker

No prints but the forest floor was all padded down and there were some "trails" to the pile but that could just be my wishful thinking. I gotta tell ya the longer I looked at this thing the less I Iiked it quite frankly, I felt I was looking at some sort of monument the site is not far outside Richmond Va. but access is very diffcult if you don't know how to get there. There is obvious evidence of an old farm and part of the area is a private hunting property with very limited access. I snuck in a back way (long hike) Just thought it was cool and alittle creepy at the same time. I have some other pic I will try to post!

I've done some tresspassing in my adventures too. Most I was not aware of until i had to jump a fence. When I do i am in and out quick, i don't disturb anything just kept on following the tracks until they dissappeared in water or on rocks. Sometimes ill even let the owners know and i ll tell them i seen something strange on their prop. Usually they give permission because I don't caryy a rifle and sometimes they are aware of the visiters. So they appreciate the discreet help and any info and i take all the risks. Also because most witnesses still won't come forward even if they have evidence. dry.gif

Guest tracker

Okay here's vid for hiking in the rockies. Trying to get the vid to pop up instead of a link?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/-cQXxQdjbZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here one of those annimal crossings where i found a heel print then was stalked by a grizzly. These turn out to be great ambush choke points for the preds.

not sure why this is not workin. I've posted vids before? I tried coping the embeded code and the ones in the browser, Hmmm?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/4tIzp7emVtQ" frameborder="0"

allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was almost picked off by an mini avalanch once. The noise is so loud it shakes your bones. I wouldn't want to be around for a big one.

Edited by tracker

I am down working in Clearwater Florida for a couple of weeks and decided to look around the Myakka River area. On my way into the area, I past something interesting and just had to stop in. The grounds are quite nice and they put on Halloween events to boot. I wonder....

I read up on a lot of what has been written on the Myakka pictures but could not come to a conclusion making them a hoax without some kind of real thread pointing that way. No suit has come forward. No hoaxer either. At least in all that I have read. So off to the area I went. Now while there I started thinking and was wondering if anyone else has thought about this. Equatorial and temperate primates have been theorized as being reluctant in giving up their life in the tree canopy because of the predators and hazards at ground level. Poisonous bugs, snakes, cats, crocs and such to name a few. We also have a rule that works an animals size versus it's latitude on the globe (Bergmans). Does it work with altitude as well?

Guest tracker

Cool pics guys! love seeing what it looks like in different parts of the world!

Here's one from Western Canada BC I think?. in the Rockies in areas where i use to BF hunt/hike alot

upper_arrow_lake_british_columbia_canada.jpg?t=1301921904

Edited by tracker

Aaahhhhh, the Arrow Lakes. I remember it well. Some interesting stuff was happening above the Lower Arrow Lakes when I lived in that area. People wouldn't talk about it though.

Guest tracker

Aaahhhhh, the Arrow Lakes. I remember it well. Some interesting stuff was happening above the Lower Arrow Lakes when I lived in that area. People wouldn't talk about it though.

I spent most of my time in Alberta but i was also in BC, care to expand on the "interesting stuff" ? I might of heard of some of the stories.

Guest toejam

Nice pics, looks these like pics are from my old stomping grounds in Muskoka or further north.

You're pretty much right on there Tracker :D

I rented this cottage last year and jokingly asked the owner if he'd ever had a Sasquatch sighting on the property.

I didn't expect his reply.

He said it's funny you ask that. About 10 years prior he had seen a "bear" on it's hind legs...until it walked away!

Also a week prior he'd heard some strange howling as well as a window frame being ripped from the wall.

There was no need to resort to those means to gain entry. Some strange occurrences surrounding the property for sure!

_MG_9260-1.jpg

Guest Tsalagi

Not a super exciting adventure I guess but just wanted to get some input on this. About 2-3 weeks ago I was out trout fishing below the dam on a Sunday afternoon. There had been several big rains recently so the river was up over the parking area up to the guard rail in fact. So I sit my little chair down and commenced to trout fishing by the rail. I sit there for hours with no one else around. Mind you this is out in the country several miles. There are houses down the road but not any traffic or people out and about. Suddenly I hear a sound behind me and this guy comes running down to the river seemingly out of nowhere since I never heard or seen a car pull up. He runs like mad down to the water's edge, squats down and cups his hands to take about 3-4 big drinks out of the river then takes off. Giardia, anyone??

A few minutes after he leaves this elderly couple in a fancy BMW pulls up. Woman is driving and a man gets out of passenger side with something weird shaped covered in a white plastic bag. Since I have nothing better to do (since the fish aren't biting) I lean back and watch. They didn't seem to notice me even though I was in the wide open not near any trees. Anyway he takes this weird shaped bag near the water and sets it on the grass. I'm thinking "what's in there??" I keep watching. I see him pull out something and toss it in the water and starts shaking it vigorously. He pulls it back out onto the grass and I finally see that it is some sort of skull with antlers. He continues to try to rinse the skull off and I can see what looks like pink and brown stuff (flesh and hide) on the top of the skull. What was an elderly man doing with a skull that had flesh still on it? Did I mention both people were in dress clothes like they had been to church and not out hiking? Perhaps they just found it lying in woods somewhere, but thing is what was it because it was such a tiny skull I don't know of any animal with antlers that size in East TN. Sure we have white tail deer but this was smaller than any deer would be that was old enough to grow antlers. It occurred to me it would be about the size of an antelope, but antelopes do not live here. This just seemed like a day when I saw nothing but strange acting people.

Guest gadgetgurl

Countering all the snowy woodsy pictures for those of you still buried in snow, this is Alfonsina's, many miles down a washboard "road" from San Felipe to Gonzaga Bay on the Sea of Cortez. alf2.jpg

Guest gadgetgurl

Not a super exciting adventure I guess but just wanted to get some input on this. About 2-3 weeks ago I was out trout fishing below the dam on a Sunday afternoon. There had been several big rains recently so the river was up over the parking area up to the guard rail in fact. So I sit my little chair down and commenced to trout fishing by the rail. I sit there for hours with no one else around. Mind you this is out in the country several miles. There are houses down the road but not any traffic or people out and about. Suddenly I hear a sound behind me and this guy comes running down to the river seemingly out of nowhere since I never heard or seen a car pull up. He runs like mad down to the water's edge, squats down and cups his hands to take about 3-4 big drinks out of the river then takes off. Giardia, anyone??

A few minutes after he leaves this elderly couple in a fancy BMW pulls up. Woman is driving and a man gets out of passenger side with something weird shaped covered in a white plastic bag. Since I have nothing better to do (since the fish aren't biting) I lean back and watch. They didn't seem to notice me even though I was in the wide open not near any trees. Anyway he takes this weird shaped bag near the water and sets it on the grass. I'm thinking "what's in there??" I keep watching. I see him pull out something and toss it in the water and starts shaking it vigorously. He pulls it back out onto the grass and I finally see that it is some sort of skull with antlers. He continues to try to rinse the skull off and I can see what looks like pink and brown stuff (flesh and hide) on the top of the skull. What was an elderly man doing with a skull that had flesh still on it? Did I mention both people were in dress clothes like they had been to church and not out hiking? Perhaps they just found it lying in woods somewhere, but thing is what was it because it was such a tiny skull I don't know of any animal with antlers that size in East TN. Sure we have white tail deer but this was smaller than any deer would be that was old enough to grow antlers. It occurred to me it would be about the size of an antelope, but antelopes do not live here. This just seemed like a day when I saw nothing but strange acting people.

Jackalope?

Guest tracker

You're pretty much right on there Tracker :D

I rented this cottage last year and jokingly asked the owner if he'd ever had a Sasquatch sighting on the property.

I didn't expect his reply.

He said it's funny you ask that. About 10 years prior he had seen a "bear" on it's hind legs...until it walked away!

Also a week prior he'd heard some strange howling as well as a window frame being ripped from the wall.

There was no need to resort to those means to gain entry. Some strange occurrences surrounding the property for sure!

_MG_9260-1.jpg

Yea there's been some run ins with them over there. Got any stories? I am s/e of the Bon Echo area now. Outside of a few of tiny towns there's nothing but open country for them. Ripping a window frame off you say. Hmm i am not sure i like that behaviour, It's the kind of thing that will cause people to shoot at them. Then we get injured POed Sasq wandering into campgrounds or approaching hikers with BA's. That's all i need i don't carry a rifle when i hunt for them alone, sometimes even over night.

Do you hunt or research for them tJ?