Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShadowPrime

Where Are The Other Pgfs?

xspider1

I agree. The Yowii still is bordering on showing a similarity to Patty but, it's just not clear enough to make a determination. It's a near perfect Blobsquatch really, if there is such a thing.

Guest parnassus

Dope -

It also suggests that the skeptics have to concede that there is nothing about the PGF itself which indicates it is a hoax. Of couse, that is not the same thing as saying the PGF "proves" the existence of Bigfoot, it just says that the footage itself contains nothing that "gives away" a hoax, which means, at WORST, the PGF is ambiguous, and might well show an actual Bigfoot. Are the skeptics on board with that?

Shadow: The consensus of the experts in the very beginning, based on seeing the film without any Long "backstory" was that it was probably a hoax. That is why the story appeared in Argosy magazine, rather than a scientific journal or even a respected lay magazine. Rene Dahinden literally had to search the civilized world to find any who would endorse it,and only came up with a couple of pretty sketchy experts. The situation remains the same today. I certainly think it looks like a man in a suit, and have thought so since I first saw it (long before Greg Long or Bob Heironimus got together) and that is based on a long and intimate association with animal bodies and function. Those issues have been hashed over many times here and on the old board and elsewhere. I understand that many people on this forum disagree with that impression of the film, and think it is convincing, and will never be swayed. But that is to be expected on a bigfoot board.

Many could easily be swayed if some evidence were given. I don't mean he said she said. I mean a costume. Footage of Bob H. with the suit half on. Something tangible.

Guest RayG

A body would certainly knock me clean off the fence. :D

RayG

xspider1

When I hear the term 'a body'; the image that comes to my mind is that of a dead, slaughtered Bigfoot. That would knock anybody off a fence I guess but, I would really hate to see that.

Guest Kerchak

I certainly think it looks like a man in a suit, and have thought so since I first saw it

Which particular man in a suit do you think it looks like? Can you be specific and give examples as a comparison? It doesn't look like ANY man in a suit that I have ever seen and I've seen a great many.

So which man in a suit does Patty look like?

Guest Kerchak

I understand that many people on this forum disagree with that impression of the film, and think it is convincing, and will never be swayed. But that is to be expected on a bigfoot board.

Should that also be expected of the National Geographic channel?

Last I saw, when their channel hosted a bigfoot special earlier this year the conclusions in that special were in favour of the PGF being likely authentic. B)

Do you think the National Geographic channel is also biased towards bigfoot or do you think it is an unbiased host platform?

Edited by Kerchak

Guest Woodenbong

I agree. The Yowii still is bordering on showing a similarity to Patty but, it's just not clear enough to make a determination. It's a near perfect Blobsquatch really, if there is such a thing.

What are the chances of someone fabricating a suit 43 years ago that is quite similar in appearence to the yowie pictures that are on this thread.

What I'm trying to say is the PGF is what it is, there isn't anyone parading around in a suit as its been suggested

Guest Crowlogic

If I were to make a Bigfoot hoax video I'd pattern the creature as closely to Patty as I could. Since the PGF is such a debatable film making something that looks like it would add weight to its possible reality. After all the nature of a hoax is to make it believable.

Huntster
BFF Donor
Are Hoaxers Lazy, Stupid, or Both?

Both.

Those who claim the PGF is a hoax and who fail to reproduce it aren't much more impressive, either.

Incorrigible1

Both.

Those who claim the PGF is a hoax and who fail to reproduce it aren't much more impressive, either.

Nefarious, multi-talented, forgetful/dumb/naive yet suit-fabricator-extraordinaires are evidently few and far-between.