Sign in to follow this  
Serohs

A New Suit?

xspider1

^ Good post above, Bill.  Convincing ape costumes are obviously not nearly as simple to make as many folks might care to assume...

patty2_zpsa50d6bb6.png

What is that line? ...

In my opinion, that line is a fur pattern. 

post-131-0-36963700-1371610882.jpg

I would be more skeptical if the PGf subject's hair/fur had less irregularities than it does...  I get that impression from comparing real animals to every ape costume I've ever seen.

Bigfoothunter

Drew:

One of the reasons your remark that it looks like a guy in a suit doesn't inspire confidence ............................  is that your remarks indicate you don't actually understand suit, costumes, makeup effects technology, etc.

Why should a skeptic learn what was and was not possible when it came to making fake fur suits when it's far simpler to believe that Patterson had access to fabrics and suit making knowledge that no one else on the planet had at that time. And let us not forget that state of the art wood-shed Roger had equipped with a hammer - a punch - and a needle and thread.    (sigh~)

SweatyYeti

Although it's true that no one has created a decent "monkey suit" to show that it's possible. (I'm sure it would be...just no one has), there is one element to the PGF that looks suit like to my untrained and amateur eye, in the close up stabilzsed videos on you tube, there appears to be a crease or indent running across the top of her right thigh ... it looks like a heck of a lot like the top of a wader boot under a fur lined leggings, and the bum looks a little odd. the rest of patty looks extremely real.

patty2_zpsa50d6bb6.png

patty1_zps55783d7d.png

What is that line? ...

(I apologize if this has been covered previously, but it would take me about a hundred years to sift through the myriad of info on here)

Oh yea, I wanted to ask if there was any proof that Bob H had a costume in his Buick?

That "line" is an illusion, blue....due to the lower resolution of certain copies of the Film. 

It's just hair, on Patty's leg.....(no 'hip waders' required)...

CibachromeFrame339_zps0ce9c577.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc

Interesting thread.

As a semi-noob to the forum and to the bigfoot community in general, I have a lot to learn about the story surrounding the PGF and I am really enjoying some of the nice up to date looks at it and the nicely stabilized versions too.

for the first time since my childhood I am seeing the PGF again, but this time in much more detail. I really liked Bills in depth analysis of the footage.

But yet ......still I am on the fence, There is no doubt that the footage is extremely compelling, more so than ever, with up to date versions, and amazing close up photo's. Although it's true that no one has created a decent "monkey suit" to show that it's possible. (I'm sure it would be...just no one has), there is one element to the PGF that looks suit like to my untrained and amateur eye, in the close up stabilzsed videos on you tube, there appears to be a crease or indent running across the top of her right thigh ... it looks like a heck of a lot like the top of a wader boot under a fur lined leggings, and the bum looks a little odd. the rest of patty looks extremely real.

patty2_zpsa50d6bb6.png

patty1_zps55783d7d.png

What is that line? ...

(I apologize if this has been covered previously, but it would take me about a hundred years to sift through the myriad of info on here)

Oh yea, I wanted to ask if there was any proof that Bob H had a costume in his Buick?

Blueb4sunrise,

If you watch Bill Munns' presentation in from of the Texas bigfoot group (you can see it here on the Bigfoot Forums) the end of that presentation addresses this very well. 

Backdoc

SweatyYeti

Here is another nice example of "tell-tale lines" on a real animal's leg....(this G-rilla clearly has an I-pad in it's L-eg Pocket)...

GorillaLines-withSasquatch1_zps398740f3.

Not really... ;)

Btw....here is a short list of things which Patty does not have underneath the hair on her right leg...

1) Hip Wader

2) Ipad

3) A Winch

4) Bob Heironimus

SweatyYeti

Thanks for posting that montage of Roger displaying the casts, Drew... :)  

The image on the right may have some significance, in determining whether the filming was done under sunlight, or under an artificial light, at night.

The image seems to indicate that the filming lasted for more than just a few seconds. A few things have changed during the filming...Roger's position, his coat, and his grip on the casts...so it may well have lasted for a minute, or two...or possibly longer.

The significance of that detail is that the shadow on the tree would be moving across the tree if it was filmed under sunlight....and, if the filming lasted for a long enough period of time, that movement would be detectable.

Here are a couple of the film frames overlaid...to help show what's changed...and to see if the shadow on the tree moves, at all...

RogerDisplayingCastsAG4_zps98f66697.gif

Ok, I finally managed to watch the Texas conference video. It took several goes because I kept trying to watch it at bedtime and falling asleep, then my wife walked in while Bill had jiggling breasts on the screen which almost caused a domestic ...(Thanks Bill  :blackeye:  ).

However, it was a great video and addressed various questions that were brimming in my mind. It was nice to see that Bill took the time to study human shapes and not just analysing from the point of view of, "what works with a costume".

It very almost convinced me. Bill addressed the leg line brilliantly, showing light and dark with every arm swing, the other thing that virtually it to me was the demonstration of how suit fur falls into odd diagonal and L shaped creases across the back as the occupant moves, but this clearly does not happen when patty walks. 

..... But what really sold it to me was the gif image on the projector in the background that was animated.  I became a aware of something I never really noticed before, as Patty put her right leg down she appears to land slightly heavier than anticipated causing the great slab of muscle in her thigh to tighten and bulge in a way that reminded me of a sprinters leg in slow motion.

from 46.23 the hypnotic Patty animation......., watch the leg muscle as she comes down heavy.

now compare to this runner, as he lands his thigh muscle tightens and bulges against his height in a very similar way to pattys. (particularly on the mid foot strike)

Now either Patty Is a huge hulk of a knuckle dragging man with a flabby butt, who has fur glued directly to his skin,...... or she is real. 

Im sold.... Thanks to Bills  analysis and Texas conference, I am now a believer and no longer a hopeful skeptic 

HI FIVE BILL 

funny-high-five-picture.jpg

Edited by blueb4sunrise

roguefooter

The costume in a trunk is backed by Bob's family and friends, though there are no real specifics other than it was a "monkey suit".

One of them stated that Bob kept a suit in his car for long time.  So if you look at that statement and the fact that Yakima had a rash of local Bigfoot sightings at that time (with some people that Bob happened to know), it fits together well.

Bigfoothunter

The costume in a trunk is backed by Bob's family and friends, though there are no real specifics other than it was a "monkey suit".

One of them stated that Bob kept a suit in his car for long time.  So if you look at that statement and the fact that Yakima had a rash of local Bigfoot sightings at that time (with some people that Bob happened to know), it fits together well.

And if we take Bob H's statement that the P/G suit he had only seen twice - once at Roger's for a fitting and again on the day of the P/G film being taken. Bob H said he took it home from Bluff Creek and that Roger came by and got it the next day if I remember correctly. So what ever suit Bob H had in his trunk all those other times could not have been the one he alleged to have worn in Bluff Creek.

Backdoc

I like this suit.  Looks like one of the Ewoks from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

Bakcdoc

Recreating a suit is only a part of the equation. One compelling thing(or probably the most compelling thing) about the film is the fluidity and natural looking movement of the subject.

The problem is that when people get in a suit they have a tendency to walk and act very animated and unnatural. Even Bob Hieronimus looked very unnatural in the Morris suit recreation. If the PGF is a suit then it's like the subject is so comfortable in it that it's like wearing a second skin.

Oh, did we figure out which speed Patterson filmed at?

roguefooter

^I wasn't referring to the speed of the subject in that quote, I was referring to the body motion of the subject.

You could take fake video footage like Blevins walking in his suit, speed it up or slow it down however much you want, and it'll still look unnatural.

Whereas Patty has a very fluid and natural movement. If it's a guy in a suit then he looks like he's walking in a second skin.

Edited by roguefooter

Sign in to follow this