Rex

New Member Here... With My Story.

"...bagged a nice copperhead in the back yard"

The only good copperhead (and water moccasin) is a dead copperhead.  I hate those things!

NCBRR

You're wrong here, and the fact that you hold this opinion while posting on an outdoor-themed forum, implying you are going out into the wilderness, around these animals, with such a ridiculous view as "the only good __ is a dead __", is very troubling to me.

Rex, great stories, some great stuff in there, and I enjoyed reading about your experiences with reptiles and Sharks almost as much as the ones with Bigfoot.

Rex

I was out last night road hunting snakes..LOL

One of my past times here in south FL. it is hotter than the hinges of hell during the day..  they all come out at night.

Got a banded watersnake, a green snake, 2 ribbon snakes, a mud snake and a striped crayfish snake.

My daughter kept me company and wielded the flashlight when i jumped out of the truck to catch.. :)

OKBFFan

I thought I would ask before jumping to the new thread (and I know this is an old thread). But does anyone else think the recording sounds like a pig? First thing I though of when I heard it...

CallyCat

I'm surprised that no one has posted in this thread in 18 months. My experience may or may not have been a bigfoot related. If we lived in a city or town I would assume what happened was neighborhood children or teenagers moving things around but we live on a farm. Many years ago, over the course of two years several  things were moved around the property such as tools, flower pots, even laundry hung out to dry ( it either went missing or we found it in the woods).

For those that don't know, a tractor is not the easiest thing to learn to drive especially if you never drove a stick and aren't familiar with a clutch. We lived off the main road and no one passed our house that wasn't intending to visit. My husband got into a bad habit of leaving the keys in our cars and the tractor. One day my husband came in for lunch after working in the fields. When he went back to the field to finish up he found the tractor going in circles!!!! I've never figured out how it happened. Eventually the tractor ran out of fuel and you could see where something had forced the foot throttle almost through the body of the tractor, it was hung up under a crack in floor. After that 2 year period we've never had any other trouble. 

• Upvote 1

ThePhaige

Yeah I think over time ya kind of run out of things to say.. those of us who have had experiences are not blowing each other minds with this stuff anymore. Many times ya get into a good discussion and then the people come in that dont like the conversation and then start the poking fun or making the snide comments, and then its pretty much either over or decays into that familiar pattern we see around these parts.

I dont think personally that the SSq are limited to deep woods regions as so many others feel. My encounters were in a pretty urban area , and also on the outskirts. They seem to have a deep cover wooded location but would venture in through what we called corridors of access which I have shown on maps in other threads. Most people discount these theories because it defies logic. I agree with that thought process except that I have seen it myself.

You story is interesting and although you are probably right in that its an explainable set of circumstances, its also not something outside the realm of what SSq like to do to people. Property owners have some of the most telling encounters over time and it seems to be on the increase, sadly though folks are very timid (for good reason) in reporting such encounters publically for other obvious reasons. We seem to as a culture come to a place where SSq is a reality with our shows on TV like Finding Bigfoot and Les Strouds stuff, but ultimately its all presented in such a ways to be that they exist until its you that is experiencing it, then your just a joke in the minds of peers, so its a catch 22 in a sense. 

Last year there was a member here that had them on their property and it was a horror show, a few of us were on with them constantly as they were so afraid they weren't sure they would make it through it and still be able to live on their own land anymore...they had already moved a couple of states away from another property where they had to move... They were not willing to come back to this site and report it, which is a shame, but its also telling as to the nature of how it goes sometimes with this thing. When it was suggested to make a report elsewhere it kind of boiled down to an Eh , whats the point. It is what is is.