New Member Here... With My Story.

Guest Rex

but I figure education and a suitable appreciation of the danger are the keys. We had a nice lesson on identification and humane capture.  I transferred it to a more remote, non-residential area. And yes, I checked, it didn't smell like cucumbers... or anything else for that matter!

I'm glad it remained alive..  they have their place. As long as you know the capabilities of the dangerous end..  and keep it under control they aren't a problem.

They are actually very fragile animals that can be injured easily.

"...bagged a nice copperhead in the back yard"

The only good copperhead (and water moccasin) is a dead copperhead.  I hate those things!

NCBRR

You can hate em..  it doesn't change the fact they will be there..  :)

WV FOOTER
Admin

Thanks for sharing your story Rex. Very Interesting, and you do tell it well.

Hey Rex -

I actually took the time to read this thread from beginning.  Great story that to a lesser extent mirrors my history with BF.  My first encounters were in Hunterdon county new jersey in the late 90's which is not too far from your house.  I moved to NC 10 years ago expecting my BF encounters to end only to have them find them hunting deer in the woods behind my house one night and a few years later witnessed by my daughter hanging out in my front yard.  They are there if you are observant and spend as much time outdoors as you.  Thank you so much for sharing.

- NCBRR

Wow, these are very detailed & great writing by the way! That is a ton of info to put down, and I too believe you. It takes a lot of courage to share & I respect the fact that you could care less whether you are believed or not, love it!! Hopefully you will connect with others on here that can relate to your experiences as well as provide some insight to what you are going through. You certainly have my attention. Seems that Ssq are drawn to some more than others. Just curious.....do you have any Native American blood in you? Also you seem to be "fearless" or the type that is not easily shaken. This may have a lot to do with multiple sightings......maybe bf can recognize or sense whether it is "ok for him to see me" or "nope, this one is definitely going to lose it," LOL! Thank you for sharing!

Hey Rex -

I actually took the time to read this thread from beginning.  Great story that to a lesser extent mirrors my history with BF.  My first encounters were in Hunterdon county new jersey in the late 90's which is not too far from your house.  I moved to NC 10 years ago expecting my BF encounters to end only to have them find them hunting deer in the woods behind my house one night and a few years later witnessed by my daughter hanging out in my front yard.  They are there if you are observant and spend as much time outdoors as you.  Thank you so much for sharing.

- NCBRR

Whereabouts in Hunterdon? I lived 6 years (1970-76) on Rt. 579 between Pittstown and Bloomsbury. I spent more than my share of time playing Intrepid Wilderness Scout in the woods and fields, but had no inkling this  might be an active BF area? Do tell.  

And I am lost.. LOL have no idea where those towns are.

i did however as a kid spend some time in the pine barrens..  float trips, camping fishing.

Aside from the tales.. never saw anything unusual.

Rex, I read the thread, which is testimony to your writing skills and well told story!  Nothing you claim is outside conventional wisdom as far as I can tell.  Repeat witness in a general location is not uncommon.  And, once aware of the phenomenon and signs the likelyhood of seeing more goes way up, don't you think?.

Your question and reason for coming here ,  "Will this keep happening to me?" begs the answer to me, "Yes," as long as you are aware and in these situations, rural and night. 

If you are asking a deeper question, perhaps even metaphysical, that odd feeling you are singled out, or somehow have made a connection with BFs, that is much tougher, but for many worth asking....b/c it is personal and it feels that way to some.  I think this might be your underlying question b/c of the detail surrounding personal life circumstances are so highlighted in your story.  Some might think that detail is born of creative writing, but it could also have arisen from repeated recollections and musings over the years, perhaps even to the extent you have detailed Google images.

The question of BF intelligence and/or telepathy ability,  high strangeness, is a debate among witnesses and internet researchers/skeptics with emotional levels that rival religion or politics, both forbidden here!  

But, there is a Psychic Sasquatch thread!  And you will find tidbits in other threads of "odd feelings" and "gut" reactions......

Many do feel there is a Psychic Sasquatch, or Inter-dimensional one...or a "hybrid" (ET or angel)...and the truth is so little is known about BFs and metaphysics who can say....  

I do want to point out though, you can't claim surprise really anymore....!

dmaker wasn't so far off in suggesting you take a step toward active research....or what, join the conversation and suffer the consequences here!

If you are working in Word it won't be too big a step to create an article for broader coverage, but are you willing to come out of the BF closet...and why would you?  

So...to answer your question from my personal experience, I do think there is something strange about BFs that seems to go beyond just natural ability..or what we consider natural...and that might be b/c of telepathy....something that makes it exponentially hard to include when looking for science to take one seriously...and I didn't arrive at that question really until about the fourth year..or say 25 trip....  so it is on "the table" for me...and bit distressing in that, well...it's just not something anyone wants to think about b/c there is no science to follow that human experience...whatever we call it....yet anyway.:

And as long as we are so far from proof, anything that smacks of wishful thinking or extremes is shot down unequivocally...and I wonder of late perhaps why we can't get our arms around the evidence...it is too skewed to what we "expect." and will tolerate as a people..which, BTW doesn't include BFs as real..at all!  haha I forget that sometimes here!

Welcome to the forum too, a great read, really...worthy of the next step!

Edited by apehuman

Readington township. About 1 mile east of the round valley reservoir.

Nice country. My view out my bedroom window was looking down and away towards Spruce Run reservoir.  Northern Jersey really does have some nice old growth forests and large private holdings. People are always fairly surprised when I tell them all my knowledge of animal husbandry/rural living skills began there.

(Rex, sorry I head-faked you with that quote, buy I was giving a shout-out to my homey NCBRR.)

Anyone that read this thread can go back and look.. I made a post saying that I may have something to post here..  I ran it past a few folks and they thought it should be posted.
 It is a video shot using a phone, here is a link to the new thread.:  

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/39828-looks-as-though-we-have-another-one-blobsquatch-strikes-again/?p=748813

Rex, I read the thread, which is testimony to your writing skills and well told story!  Nothing you claim is outside conventional wisdom as far as I can tell.  Repeat witness in a general location is not uncommon.  And, once aware of the phenomenon and signs the likelyhood of seeing more goes way up, don't you think?.

Your question and reason for coming here ,  "Will this keep happening to me?" begs the answer to me, "Yes," as long as you are aware and in these situations, rural and night. 

If you are asking a deeper question, perhaps even metaphysical, that odd feeling you are singled out, or somehow have made a connection with BFs, that is much tougher, but for many worth asking....b/c it is personal and it feels that way to some.  I think this might be your underlying question b/c of the detail surrounding personal life circumstances are so highlighted in your story.  Some might think that detail is born of creative writing, but it could also have arisen from repeated recollections and musings over the years, perhaps even to the extent you have detailed Google images.

The question of BF intelligence and/or telepathy ability,  high strangeness, is a debate among witnesses and internet researchers/skeptics with emotional levels that rival religion or politics, both forbidden here!  

But, there is a Psychic Sasquatch thread!  And you will find tidbits in other threads of "odd feelings" and "gut" reactions......

Many do feel there is a Psychic Sasquatch, or Inter-dimensional one...or a "hybrid" (ET or angel)...and the truth is so little is known about BFs and metaphysics who can say....  

I do want to point out though, you can't claim surprise really anymore....!

dmaker wasn't so far off in suggesting you take a step toward active research....or what, join the conversation and suffer the consequences here!

If you are working in Word it won't be too big a step to create an article for broader coverage, but are you willing to come out of the BF closet...and why would you?  

So...to answer your question from my personal experience, I do think there is something strange about BFs that seems to go beyond just natural ability..or what we consider natural...and that might be b/c of telepathy....something that makes it exponentially hard to include when looking for science to take one seriously...and I didn't arrive at that question really until about the fourth year..or say 25 trip....  so it is on "the table" for me...and bit distressing in that, well...it's just not something anyone wants to think about b/c there is no science to follow that human experience...whatever we call it....yet anyway.:

And as long as we are so far from proof, anything that smacks of wishful thinking or extremes is shot down unequivocally...and I wonder of late perhaps why we can't get our arms around the evidence...it is too skewed to what we "expect." and will tolerate as a people..which, BTW doesn't include BFs as real..at all!  haha I forget that sometimes here!

Welcome to the forum too, a great read, really...worthy of the next step!

i appreciate your thoughts on this.

I have heard many people say that they have had experiences such as that.

i nver have.

i rule out nothing, anything is "possible" but i am fairly well grounded and try to deal with concrete facts that I can see are there.

although with all this activity around me i can also say i never smelled one.. which is a common thing during sightings..  from what i am to understand.

Edited by Rex

Rex, your stories and experiences have been fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more!

Don't know there will be anymore this is the closest i can offer. http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/39828-looks-as-though-we-have-another-one-blobsquatch-strikes-again/

Anything definitive in this arena will be brought here!

Edited by Rex
To edit link
  • 2 weeks later...
clownboy

Rex, when you said the logs were as big as your arm, did you mean your 11-12 year old arm or you full grown arm. I sure am hoping for the former as the latter would scare the bejesus outta everyone. :startle:

Rex, when you said the logs were as big as your arm, did you mean your 11-12 year old arm or you full grown arm. I sure am hoping for the former as the latter would scare the bejesus outta everyone. :startle:

I would say... 3-1/2 - 4  inches thick and 10 12 inches long.

it was an impressive "pile" as piles go... i know no bear or human dropped it.