The Researchers Habituation And Field Observations Thread "a Place To Discuss Your Activities, Thoughts, Observations, Methods And Results.

NathanFooter

BFF Patron

What do you learn from tree knocking, whistles and screams other than they are out there? You already know that. Footprints, sightings, and the chance for photographs are easier to get in daylight. We all do our own methods so you sort of need to decide what your objectives are.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Squatchproject..your 100% correct, what do i want? What is my end game? I've done alot thinking.. maybe even call it soul searching.

I was forcing myself to NOT believe what i seen and make mental excuses for the sounds and activity that was going on sometimes just feet away from me.

Since i haven't been going on my weekend night outings i dare to say, i feel almost lonely, like i have somehow abandoned whatever is out there.

I guess im coming to the terms that i always REALLY knew that Sasquatch was in my presence.

Do i want pictures and other substantial proof to show to others that they are real??...nope, not anymore. I just want to be able to experience what i have in the past and i hope its not to late.

I know how what ive just said is "corny" or a little "deep" to some, but it has really been pressing on me lately. Almost as if they are somehow telling me to return at night... lol no kidding, it sometimes wakes me up at night like im dreaming about being there.

Ok, you can call the men with the white jackets now lol. Thanks for listening :)

From toe to heel was exactly 5ft.

Well that narrows the possibilities down a bit.

So will you be resuming your nocturnal visits?

We always go out at midafternoon and about 30% of the time (because we are only fifty feet from a huge rock outcropping) we get a twig snap or an owl hoot.  The owl, however, is not an owl, but it's a wonderful imitation of one.  At another spot, not that far away we have experienced  tapping noises, wood on wood as if you had a small bit of wood, like drumsticks and slowly tapped them together,

Branco a member here, has experienced the tapping sounds and believes it's a message to others that we are at their watering spot. We were by a creek at the time, midafternoon, in summertime.  There's more but today I am off to the woods.

BFF Patron

Squatchproject..your 100% correct, what do i want? What is my end game? I've done alot thinking.. maybe even call it soul searching.

I was forcing myself to NOT believe what i seen and make mental excuses for the sounds and activity that was going on sometimes just feet away from me.

Since i haven't been going on my weekend night outings i dare to say, i feel almost lonely, like i have somehow abandoned whatever is out there.

I guess im coming to the terms that i always REALLY knew that Sasquatch was in my presence.

Do i want pictures and other substantial proof to show to others that they are real??...nope, not anymore. I just want to be able to experience what i have in the past and i hope its not to late.

I know how what ive just said is "corny" or a little "deep" to some, but it has really been pressing on me lately. Almost as if they are somehow telling me to return at night... lol no kidding, it sometimes wakes me up at night like im dreaming about being there.

Ok, you can call the men with the white jackets now lol. Thanks for listening :)

Well you seem to have thought about things and I don't regard it as corny. Some people are satisfied with just the experience. So pictures, evidence, and all the other garbage that is so very hard to get, is not necessary for that. Cameras, recorders, and other gadgets seem to make BF wary and stay away. If a face to face contact to validate your own beliefs is all that you need, then ditch the gadgets and just go hang out day or night and that could happen. Tree stands seem to work pretty well at night. If you are not trying to get photography, then night can be as good as day if you can see well enough from moon light to make out features.

I think that when they know you, and know you mean no harm, that they don't mind you around. Since they are more comfortable at night, then it could be that they do want you around at night. If they are primarily active at night, when you enter their area in the daytime, you might disturb their rest. They must have pretty boring lives, mostly devoted to getting enough food. So hanging around with some interested human might be a form of entertainment for them. Who knows? The group that I had contact with for several years seemed to want to play with me at times. But in a couple of cases I seemed to do something wrong and they let me know it.

Yes, I'm going to resume my night visits here soon. I hope i can reestablish a relationship (if that's what it was) with them. Im assuming 1 sasquatch can make all kinds of racket, but with everything that went on down there i would of figured there should of been prints everywhere !

Not just one set of weeks old prints in the snow.

I know i said trying to proove their presence isn't my objective anymore and that is true, but i am going to try capturing night pictures somehow.

I have a feeling it will be sometime before i am trusted by them again.

I hope they haven't moved on or to far away.

The lack of fresh prints or anything else for that matter is very discouraging.

Thanks.

BFF Patron

Night pictures are a tough nut to crack and it normally involves some source of illumination. You might get lucky enough to get one picture but probably will drive them away with the attempt. I have wondered about people on some of these Mountain Monster type shows feeling like they need to be armed to the teeth when a big flashlight will drive BF away and there is no danger of shooting each other with a flashlight.

• Upvote 1

Now it gets weird. I knew weather was coming in in the afternoon and wanted to get out and down the steep logging road I parked on before the rain hit. I hiked back to my truck, loaded my pack and gear in the truck and started to drive out. Within a few yards of my truck I noticed this along the side of the logging road. I did not see it driving in. It is about 3.5 feet tall, initially stuffed with Styrofoam beads. It had been gutted, where it lay, as if a hand had been thrust into its gut cavity. You can see the beads next to it so that happened where it lay. Not sure what it is supposed to be but looks very BF like. Long hairy arms and it seems to be a boy (look at the crotch). I touched it to photograph it and it smelled to really bad like it had been someplace very smelly. This for sure goes into my weird file. Will not even try to explain how a toy could be miles away from the nearest house along a logging road and end up near my truck. Several times I have set up a spotting scope at this exact spot to look at the adjacent ridge line and spend several hours watching for movement.

attachicon.gifIMG_0687.JPG

SWWASP,

Sorry missed these posts from last year.

Interesting find.

Did you look for or find any hairs on the stuffed animal toy? 

Was it laying down the way shown on picture with hands on its side or did you move it to that position? 

Just curious.

BFF Patron

It was laying on its back pretty much like the picture. I grabbed the head to kind of straighten it out for the picture. Other than it being in a really out of the way place for some kind of stuffed toy, and smelling really badly, I have absolutely nothing to tie it to BF. This area has been pretty devoid of any evidence of BF except for rock stacks which are hardly definitive. I have not found a single footprint or had any sort of encounter in this particular area. The only reason I go there is that it is near my formerly active research area and I am trying to figure out where they have moved to after logging apparently drove them out. I was just there last week. It was where I parked to go find the mine. The toy was gone. I did not really examine it for hairs. I think collecting hairs for DNA has little chance of success. Some of the best samples with at least some link to BF(sightings, footprints, the Skookum cast) to bigfoot has not yielded any DNA from hair samples. Most likely this is because BF, like human blonds, have little or no mitochondrial DNA in their hair shaft. Because of the cost of analysis, and this probable lack of mitochondrial DNA, I need strong evidence to tie a hair to BF before I will spring for testing. Certainly something of obvious human origin, if a hair is present, it most likely would be human anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all again ! I have some pics i would like you to see and comment on. The pics were taken today but the incident happened 5/14. A gentleman named Byron contacted me Wed stating he got my number from a local conservation officer. I thought, how odd. They must have kept my number from when i contacted them about my sighting. Anyway this gentleman butchers rabbits for food and tans the hides for hat liners, gloves etc. He has a spot on a old corn crib with nails spaced out at different heights for the stretching process. One set of nails being about 9' from the ground. On the night of 5/14 Byron had 4 hides on the side of this old crib. Around 10pm his two hounds, as he puts it "went plum crazy !" Wouldn't stop bellowing. He activated the west side security lights from inside the house. At that same moment he claims to of heard what sounded like a cougar. There has been big cat recorded in Iowa but so very rare. He stepped out on the deck facing the crib which was 200ft from the house.( My next statement my be offensive and i apologize in advance but im reporting word for word what he said.) Byron said what he saw was "liken to a huge black man...way bigger than a basketball player" He also said "It looked to of had hair like a **** zoo monkey". He did call the sheriffs office and two deputies arrived about 20 minutes later. With the deputies present he pointed out that whatever it was ripped all 4 hides from the crib and at the highest point (9ft) left long deep scratch marks. The deputies both agreed the marks were probably made from the teeth of a steel garden rake. Byron does indeed have a steel toothed rake, but it was located in the garage which is attached to the home. In my opinion these marks are in no way made from said rake... Unless the rake had curved tines. Judge for yourself and please comment.

Thank You.

post-24397-0-71289800-1425686619_thumb.j

post-24397-0-99972000-1425686997_thumb.j

post-24397-0-79703200-1425687425_thumb.j

Thanks Leaf Talker. The property owner Byron, said there has been "odd happenings" going on for about 2yrs now. Another great example is Byron also has a large greenhouse that has been mysteriously raided from time to time and a "hog manure" like smell is always prevalent after these midnight snack runs lol. He has a small stream that's wooded just Southeast of his main property. I'm thinking about focusing my efforts there ?

Thanks.

That person's property (or near it) sounds like a great area to resume trying to cultivate a connection with some hairy guys. 

What happened to your other spot, though? Just saw your post about the upright frozen fish and the bag of raisins, I think it was. That was awesome. Sure looks like someone there feels pretty connected to you. 

I haven't been to my normal spot lately because of the last couple of heavy snows and now its a mess with the thawing. I don't know how thoes item's got there. Raccoons , mink ?? I'm at a loss quite honestly lol. Maybe a snacky poo for later haha! However it got there it's pretty cool knowing just maybe it was him/her.

Thanks.

I think it's very likely it was him or her. But that's what's fun about staying in the same area over time. Over time, you learn more and more about the habits and behaviors of the individuals at that spot, and things that were mysterious occurrences earlier on become, in the light of what you learn about them as time goes by, more readily identifiable as having been the results of some action they took. 

Glad you're having so much fun with this, and glad you're keepin' on keepin' on!

• Upvote 1