Rex

Looks As Though We Have Another One! "blobsquatch" Strikes Again.

Rex

So..  here's the deal.  As any of you know that read my original thread here, I work in aviation.

Now our company owns several aircraft one of which is an EC-135 Eurocopter.  I fly whenever I get the chance especially when the company pays for fuel.  
 I am not going to get into the particulars of the aircraft, if you want them google it.
  Myself and our chief pilot have been having a discussion about hunting hogs from the helicopter.. it is the perfect platform for it as it has quite a bit of room in the back and with the doors pinned open plenty of room to swing a rifle to pop piggies.

Back in March  on the 27th, it was a Wednesday.. that is key.  We loaded up the helicopter with guns and ammo and decided to fly into one of the high end "country clubs" here and shoot a round of sporting clays. It was me, the chief pilot, our DOM and a contract pilot that co-pilots our Gulfstream 550 on occasion.

We landed there about 10:30 in the morning. They have 14 stations and we shot 175 birds (clays).  We had a late lunch and were fiddling around deciding on whether we were going to shoot some more or return to West Palm beach.

I told him we should go out to a place I knew of where there is a whole lot of property that we could scout from the air and see if we could find some herds of pigs.  I have my own camp in that area and sit on the edge of 3000 acres of private land surrounded by state land (watershed, large park and forest).

There is an additional 5,000 acres or so connected that we would also be able to hunt from the air.

So we climbed in the heli, spooled up the turbines and I took off and headed out to the area where my camp is.
 Once we got there I flew in low over my camp and one of the guys in the back took some aerial pics for me as I circled.

I turned north and dropped collective dropping us down to about 35-40 feet over the deck. Airspeed was approx. 50-60 knots.
 I flew us back and forth across the open areas and fields with small trees and palmettos while he looked for hogs.

As you get further to the west there are oak hammocks and sable palm hammocks that kind of take over the landscape so I popped up to about 100 feet AGL or so and maintained the same airspeed.

I flew along the northern periphery of the public land and then turned south. I was showing him the borders and where we would be able to shoot hogs.

The DOM in the back tapped me on the shoulder and handed me his phone and said "take some video" as we were skimming along.. so I started the vid and held it against the windscreen with my left hand. (Throttle and collective are both friction units). As we flew along I just pointed it at the ground and when we flew over an opening I pointed it back toward the opening.

We crisscrossed the area there and saw some deer but no hogs, I know they are out there I have taken several.

This area gets used quite a bit on weekends by people with 4 wheelers, mud trucks and off road vehicles. there are trails all over it and much of it is swampy, mushy mess.

To the west there are thousands of acres of private ranch land and a river with a floodplain along which are large thick oak, bay and sable palm hammocks. there is a lot of open range out there.

The DOM sent me the footage I shot by email, I filed it on my computer with all my other junk.

Last week I opened it and watched it.. I saw  something and watched it again.

Something caught my eye because I knew that there was nothing there like that in that spot.. I have ridden through that area a multitude of times in and on many off road vehicles.

I took the footage and ran it frame by frame and watched whatever it was. I called my wife in to watch it and she spotted more movement which I hadn't seen previously.

Now ....  the quality is not that great.. it was an I-phone. and I am not trying to say that it is anything at all aside from something that is not normally there as well as the other somethings that were close by.

what I do know is this. The waterhole where this object is is fairly deep.. especially toward the center.  I went back out there today and  tried to get back in.. we have been having daily rain so the water was probably about a foot and a half over what it was back then.
So..

I have no idea what I am looking at.. but I know it isn't hogs.. I have spotted them from the air many times and even chased a few herds around just for the heck of it.

I am going to be placing the footage here for your perusal as well as  some animated gifs that "ThePhaige" helped with.

also some still images from the footage that were pulled out and blown up. the details are not "sharp" but the shapes are discernible.
So without further reading..  look for yourselves.

The object in the waterhole moves.. also there are two smaller objects that duck down in the high weeds there and move together. one gets to a spot in some brush, the other moves up to it then the first gets up and takes off again.. bounding over watch style. Very strange for any animals to do that.

Here I am flying us out to the area after leaving the clays range, this was about 3:30 in the afternoon or so.

ec135_zpsf4c5d526.jpg

Here is the uninterrupted video that i shot. Click it to watch:

th_IMG_2896_zpsa9746c97.jpg

Here is a Google earth image of the same spot from roughly the same direction and eye altitude as the footage:
whge_zpsf3b1b259.jpg

This is the first animated gif done by TP he enhanced and reversed colors to make the objects easier to spot.. and slowed the frame rate,  pay careful attention to the second single arrow:

slow2_zpscf0593a8.gif

I have another GIF of the larger one in slo mo.. but it does not seem to want to upload to PB. Once i have that issue resolved i will place it here as well.

Here are the stills pulled from the above footage of the object in the waterhole, pay close attention to how its shape and color change with the motion. they are in order, you can also see this by playing the above video frame by frame at this point.:

2_zps8ae7da26.png
3_zps0da89771.jpg
4_zps823a5550.jpg
5_zps32beea7a.jpg
6_zps00ae9d1c.jpg

post-23181-0-21933900-1372128179_thumb.g

Rex

OK.. so when someone PMs me and tells me how to get rid of this silly "merge_too_many_img" error message.. ya'll can get the rest of this post and pics!

Here are the stills of the smaller "objects" in order:
b0_zps1caab891.jpg
b1_zps7ba7fc2e.jpg
b2_zps5b14b50e.jpg
b3_zps897076fd.jpg
b4_zps28c2afcc.jpg
b5_zpsfbf428d8.jpg
b6_zpsf9f8d466.jpg
b7_zpsd728fd03.jpg
b8_zps86c492a5.jpg

worked that time.. on the last pic the arrows indicate birds. the circles are "objects"

I went out there today and as I stated we have had some rain the water is higher than it was then by about a foot maybe a little more. I can tell by the swale in front of my property.
here is a pic I had taken wading into that water hole.. I am 5'9" and I had not reached the deepest part as the bottom was getting very soft and I was sinking.

007_zpsb0fc2d95.jpg

So... thoughts, comments theories??

The point I was making about being a wed. was that... There would be no one out here during the middle of the week, much less mucking around in this waterhole like this. the closest habitation is about 3 miles from this site as the crow flies and it is just a small cluster of 4 mobile homes.

None of these were people of that I am reasonably sure as I know the use patterns out there because I have been using the area for years.. since 2002.

Edited by Rex

To hard for me to tell what it is, goes to fast and to bloby. could be deer could be dogs.

Rex

I'll have to see if I can get those stills to move slower..  :spiteful:

Edited by Rex

ThePhaige

It appears the subject in the water hole is raising its arms in the last few frames there. My first thought honestly was that someone was fishing the hole there, but hat seems unlikely looking at it from the ground. The terrain appears to be thicker on the ground than from the air, how tall do ya think the apparent smaller ones would need to be to be visible above the brush and grassy fields there Rex? All I can really say is there is something there , but what it is and if the two groupings are related is speculative at best isn't it...

Its a shame I was unable to pull any more detail from the vid :(

Rex

It appears the subject in the water hole is raising its arms in the last few frames there. My first thought honestly was that someone was fishing the hole there, but hat seems unlikely looking at it from the ground. The terrain appears to be thicker on the ground than from the air, how tall do ya think the apparent smaller ones would need to be to be visible above the brush and grassy fields there Rex? All I can really say is there is something there , but what it is and if the two groupings are related is speculative at best isn't it...

Its a shame I was unable to pull any more detail from the vid :(

At that time of year that grass would be about 3 ft tall.. it was still dry back then and the "greenery" had not filled in.

Once that place gets a foot of rain and a few weeks of 80-90 degree weather the bigger water plants take off like.. well weeds.

I mowed my property back in apr. and today the grass and dog fennel were almost 4 feet tall.

It grows fast.

had i seen ANY of them at that time you can bet the footage would be much better.. ya..

can you make them less blobby.... :ninja: 

I could but the rendering would eliminate the resolution..

Thepattywagon

Thanks for sharing this, and thanks to ThePhaige for working with the stills.

It's nice that you were actually able to wade in that pond to get an idea of its basic depth.

I can't tell much by the gifs and I don't see the 2 in the bushes at all. I watched the video

several times and there is something in the water but it goes too fast for me.

I yelled turn around and go back! But you didn't hear me.... :)

To me it looks like a horse in the water just not clear enough. But now you will be watching so who knows what you may catch.  Good luck.

Guest VASquatchin

Will be interested to see what future flyover around this area may show... any reports of sightings or events near?

Rex

Will be interested to see what future flyover around this area may show... any reports of sightings or events near?

MANY.. and if you read my first thread this area is less than 3 miles from where my camping incident was.

The people that live out there full time will open up.. but not to strangers, it took me 3 years or so to gain their trust enough to talk about things they had seen.

it is pretty sparsely populated.

Thanks for sharing this, and thanks to ThePhaige for working with the stills.

It's nice that you were actually able to wade in that pond to get an idea of its basic depth.

I had to wade through a few to get there.. I didn't want to swamp my truck that far in.

slabdog

As I understand it, you saw the subjects later upon reviewing the footage.

Can you remember why you suddenly turned the camera to the right as you approached the one in the water hole?

Did something catch your eye?

Rex

As I understand it, you saw the subjects later upon reviewing the footage.

Can you remember why you suddenly turned the camera to the right as you approached the one in the water hole?

Did something catch your eye?

I actually turned it to the left... and i really do not know why aside from the fact it is there.. the opening that is.

There were several large wading birds that took flight 6-7 of them.. they all went to the left in the vid.  They may have been what caught my attention, great blue herons i think or maybe wood storks.

Cool video, thanks for sharing. And bud, you have a charmed life don't ya? lol. It must be nice to take a ec-135 eurocopter to go shoot some clays then buzz an area you can hunt hogs from a helecopter. I have seen some of the youtube videos and it sure looks like a heck of a good time. Awsome spot you have access to out there as well.

Rex

LOL.. don't know about "charmed" but I like to maximize the amount of enjoyment i get on this planet.

As much as possible..  we only live once.  As for the area out there... it is still wild Florida.