New "bigfoot" Hunting Show - Mountain Monsters

Shelly

Admin

The video of the Ohio Grassman was interesting. The subject in the video was very big, could be. The way those guys are jumpy with shotguns in their hands, I hope nobody gets shot. I see they utilized the "Matt Moneymaker Run At The Squatch Technique". As for the game cam pic, could be....

Guest SquatchinNY

Tue pic at the end...it's wierd. If he was running away from the hillbillies, why is he standing still facing right at the camera?

Prints do have some depth, but...it's too good to be true. I don't know, I say 70/30 fake.

Admin

Yeah, I was curious also why it would be looking towards the camera. Something I have noticed about this show is that they always see or run into the particular monster that they are searching for, which just seems to good to be true. Any you know what they say,"If its to good to be true, then it probably isn't."

I do enjoy watching that show. The stereotypical hillbilly jargon gets a little old , but hey , I live in WV and know people that

actually talk that way, lol.  What I was wondering though , does anybody know if  there is a copy of the video of the Grassman by the shack available on youtube? I have searched some, but with no luck. I would like to watch that again, get a still shot view of it.

Pam

Guest COGrizzly

To me, the show is very clearly mocking Finding Bigfoot. But maybe that's the magicratings generator.

They are actors right?? Right?

Guest sprayanpray

Know a couple of good old boys that make a living working on the high power stuff. They have told me lots of game use the lines to travel long distance, not many people and no traffic and usually fenced off or behind locked gates. It would be a great way to move undetected for a long distance just saying it is worth give it a whirl to think about.

Guest ewashguy56

I watched this show for the first time last night, and found it thoroughly entertaining. The episode I saw was looking for the Ohio Grassman. This is like a working mans show compared to say Finding Bigfoot. Nobody is a professional, it seems to be just a group of guys who want to investigate, and by the end of the show they had actually a picture of the Grassman!!! I will continue to watch. Look forward to the "Mothman" episode from West Virginia.

OK, no kidding around...are these folks for real or actors?  Because if they are real, it sounds like a neat show.  If they're actors, I don't see what the appeal is.

The show gets worse and worse every week.  The mothman episode was totally unbelievable, as if the ones before that weren't lol

If you aren't up to date on the episodes and want to watch "unspoiled" you may want to stop reading. I played catch up on Saturday and have seen all aired shows at this point. It had been entertaining and funny though I had been concerned they were going to end up shooting each other.

I have to agree with namtrag. The Devil Dog and Wampus Cat episode were entertaining, somewhat. The Devil Dog episode was so obviously a pack of wild dogs....the one on video looked to me like a dobie and he even called it a dobie a few minutes later. In the end when they caught several of the dogs in their trap they even seemed aware that they had been tracking a pack of wild dogs when they said they would call animal control. Not that I necessarily believe the Devil Dog legend but the legend and a pack of wild dogs are too different things. It basically just confirmed to me that any report of Devil Dog was merely a wild dog. If that was their point, they made it.

And similarly with the Wampus Cat. I actually grew up hearing stories about the Wampus Cat....some fantastical. My dad who told me the stories always disbelieved the fantastic parts and thought the stories were about very large mountain lions. This episode only made me believe he was right....whether they are supposed to be roaming those mountains or not. Not impossible for a solitary one to travel through since cats can't read boundary markers. LOL

But the Mothman? Hmmm...errr....hmmm....ridiculous was the first thing that came to mind. This was the first episode that made me really think they were actors with a script, before this I thought it was a bunch of good old boys with their own style of "creature hunting" LOL I was yelling at the screen most of what they did was so stupid/unbelievable. For instance....torches that relit themselves? Seriously? You didn't douse them with water dorks....totally not weird that they would relight IMO. Totally unreliable light source which made me wonder if they chose them deliberately to take advantage of that fact. I basically didn't find any part of this episode even close to believable. :(

So to sum it up...for me anyway. The first two episodes had some interesting parts even with all the silliness going on. The next two basically confirmed to me that the stories were just naturally occurring incidents with known animals. Then the Mothman went right off the track. No high expectations for the Lizard Man at all....except to think it will be scripted nonsense. But I may watch for the entertainment value.....they can be hilariously funny. Everybody needs a good laugh...

For those who enjoy the show, would your enjoyment of it be diminished (or eliminated) if you found out it was all scripted?  I'm interested but as I said above, I don't see any appeal in a bunch of people just reading scripts and acting out set up scenes.

I wouldn't watch it if I knew it was 100% made up.  I think some of the episodes had a little kernel of truth to them, like the Grassman sightings.