Patty's Entrance And Exit

PBeaton

parnassus

"With all respect, your impressions from twenty odd years afterwards are interesting but not very relevant."

but your impressions 40 years later, and never having been there, are very relevant?

fascinating.

Bill

Bill,

Ya got my + for the day. That was just to easy ! ha ! ha !

Pat...

Guest parnassus

parnassus

"With all respect, your impressions from twenty odd years afterwards are interesting but not very relevant."

but your impressions 40 years later, and never having been there, are very relevant?

fascinating.

Bill

Bill Munns,

I think I indicated the more contemporary sources who were there and said there was a road . Sorry if you didn't catch that. What's your take on the road?

Edited by parnassus
roguefooter

Bill Munns,

I think I indicated the more contemporary sources who were there and said there was a road . Sorry if you didn't catch that. What's your take on the road?

I think Byrne's map basically answers that question. It says "Bed of creek partly dry at time footage was obtained". If the creek bed was partly dry then there should have been no problem driving on it. Considering he drew the "road" within the creek bed itself then I think it's pretty clear that was the case.

Guest Crowlogic

Perhaps Patty exited off as she did because this was direction she was going before P&G arrived. Why waste the energy altering your route if you don't have to. I'd say after the first 20 seconds she sensed that P&G were not going to harm her.

• 2 weeks later...

parnassus

fascinating.

Bill

:D Hugs you bad boy you...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw something out...

Kitakaze asked a seemingly relevant question- along the lines of the timber counters being in the area, and also if P&G had been spending time there riding their horses up/down one would think that it would scare any BF off....

As someone who spent my entire childhood in the country, and rode both horses and also used much farm equipment i can tell you the following...

One would think that a man/even a group of men walking in the forest would be much better at sneaking up on any wildlife in the area...and if you were riding horseback, or an even more extreme- say a farm tractor that you'd be kicking out deer and other wild critters left and right... When actually in my experience just the opposite is true....

I cant tell you how many times ive walked in the fields and woods around where i grew up and scared up bedded down deer, or seen deer from a distance and as soon as they either saw me or smelled me they bolted...

And I can also tell you that while on horseback, ive ridden within 20-30 yards of deer in a field, and had them stand right there- looking at the horse, and not noticing the upright human on its back.. The same goes (unbelievably) with farm tractors... ive been bush-hogging fields in the summer- and had deer stand within 50 yards- munching happily away as they watched the tractor go back and forth across the field...

Animals right/wrong seem to be able to correctly view man as a predator or at least something to avoid. But put that same man on a horse, or on a tractor (or car), and that man just becomes part of the horse/tractor/car...

Obviously I cant theorize or suggest that BF would be the same, but I also dont think its a stretch to think they may be... Although they may be somewhat advanced, I personally dont believe they come close to human intelligence, or at least our cognitive abilities and the way we reason things out...

I dont know, I just thought this info might be relevant to at least address that idea...

Also, just as a commentary- I think its both amusing and kind of sad that there are people on both sides of this issue (PGF real/hoaxed etc) who are SO set in their belief that they consistently block or ignore what may be an actual good point that someone makes...

I dont "know" for a fact that the film is real... I lean way more towards it being real, and I'd like to believe it is... but that doesnt stop me from time to time to acknowledging when someone makes a valid point about some part of it, or an aspect of it thats questionable etc...

Its the same reason our government's at a standstill 90% of the time.. people refuse to agree to compromise and "stick to their guns" no matter what.. its not productive at all.

Art

Guest parnassus

parnassus:

I think the issues of the road are a frivolous and insignificant discussion.

Bill

Thanks for your unsubstantiated opinion.

you're wrong again. Learn more about the stories of Gimlin and Patterson and Bob H. and I think you'll change your mind.

Edited by parnassus

parnassus!

this is from recent reseach done by Bigfootbookman and team,it's also a discussion you took part in!

quote.

There is much confusion and speculation on this old creek "road," part of which is now still present on the maps as the "Bluff Creek Trail." From all I can find about this, it was never a proper road, but more of a cat trail that was periodically bulldozed through to allow access for logging or other operations. It apparently had gravel put down on it at times, according to McClarin. However, there is no way it could be called a real road in the places where one would have been forced to enter the creek or ford it. In the summer season until October the road would have been easily drivable by a Jeep or even a logging truck, as the creek runs rather low and shallow until the rains come. Recall that Gimlin was unable to exit this way due to mudslides and flooding that night of the 20th (morning of the 21st, actually), and they had to take the road up the ridge toward where they got stuck and had to retrieve a backhoe from the Blue Creek Mountain construction zone to get back out.

they, unlike you! have been to the site and spent hours of survey and reseach. yet you still retain and state there was a "road" this gives a misleading idea that it was drivable for most vehicles! which is far from the case? RP/BG did not take a jeep or other such type to handle that type of track.

xspider1

...but that doesnt stop me from time to time acknowledging when someone makes a valid point about some part of it, or an aspect of it thats questionable etc...

Very good comment, Art, +1. I think we definitely should consider all valid and relevant points/questions in regard to this. That's the only way that we might someday know for sure. Thanks for the reminder. : )

Edited by xspider1

parnassus?

can you, substantiate your opinion! that a "true road" was availble for use for most?. and can you refute it was not a cat track? I see you are able to post on other topics but can't on this! due to a computer melt down?

Edited by justwonder

parnassus!

you see your main player states such!

BH—“We took the horses and the suit up the road to the place they had picked out for the filming. Got off the horses.

We looked around there to check to see if anybody was

around. Listened for any cars coming up the road, and heard

nothing. So we went and right there, they put the suit on me.

Told me to go across here this dry creek bed .…â€

—Jeff Rense radio interview, March 1, 2004

• gigantor unlocked this topic