N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

A good place to start in any discussion of the NAWAC's ongoing field research with Operation Relentless is episode 51 of The Bigfoot Show.

Here's a few images of the presumed hickory nut crushing rock and boulder we found earlier in the year.

Here's every episode of the BFS in which X and the NAWAC's activities there were discussed (the second half of 38 and all of 39 are the main X episodes from 2012).

Here's where you can listen to the presentation I gave at the Texas Bigfoot conference regarding 2011's Operation Endurance.

Here's where you can watch the presentation I gave at the Texas Bigfoot conference regarding 2012's Operation Persistence.

Here's the NAWAC's published report on Endurance and the Echo Incident.

And about a possible wood ape hair we collected and which was subsequently sent to Brian Sykes for analysis.

Finally, here are the archived BFF discussions about Operations Endurance and Persistence and the Echo Incident.

EDITED to add a link to The Bigfoot Show episode 54 which discusses the challenges involved in trying to collect a wood ape specimen. 

Edited by bipto

It's a setting in the forum admin section. It's supposed to keep people from YELLING IN POST TITLES, but I think it's annoying for the reason you see here.

Eureka!

Ya know Bip....you did a great job with your summary.

Might I suggest a "copy paste" with updated info links like that every few weeks or so?

Might avoid a lot of redundant "Q" on the part of some and redundant "A" on your part.

Very easy quick reference guide of sorts.

Would a trespassing nut collector run the risk of getting caught by taking the time (and making the noise) of husking the nuts while on the trespassed property?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Area X private?

Question for Bipto - the video showing the rock with the nuts, was this on private or public land?

The nut remains we found were old and did not appear to be fresh. I'm not sure if there are people who collect hickory nuts, but I'd assume they would just pick them up and process them elsewhere as opposed to breaking them open with a rock on site. 

The area is a mixture of various land types (public and private) but the majority of our work is conducted on private property. The boulder with nuts was found in an area we've not seen outsiders (either in person or on the various game cams we've deployed over the years).

How many Operational names have you had? Is it just the three? Operation Persistence and Operation Relentless and Operation Endurance?

Edited by dmaker

With regard to the long-term continuous operations, yes, it's those three so far. 

But we've had multiple other operations over the years including Operation Forest Vigil which was the five year camera trap study that took place in X among other locations. 

Personally, were I a human I'm not using a rock that big to break nuts.  I'm using something smaller that I can easily carry.

Like, you know, a, well, nutcracker.

I'd also imagine that someone who wants to collect wild nuts would do so in areas that are easier to get to, not those miles from roads and facilities.

Well, wait a minute.

Given an opportunity to test one's (1) foraging; (2) escape and evasion; (3) counterinsurgency reconaissance; (4) serpentine serpentine serpentine; and (5) new bulletproof vest, who would turn it down?  Especially in an ape suit.  You'd be boss hog of your neighborhood for sure.

Would a trespassing nut collector run the risk of getting caught by taking the time (and making the noise) of husking the nuts while on the trespassed property?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Area X private?

Question for Bipto - the video showing the rock with the nuts, was this on private or public land?

The nut remains we found were old and did not appear to be fresh. I'm not sure if there are people who collect hickory nuts, but I'd assume they would just pick them up and process them elsewhere as opposed to breaking them open with a rock on site. 

The area is a mixture of various land types (public and private) but the majority of our work is conducted on private property. The boulder with nuts was found in an area we've not seen outsiders (either in person or on the various game cams we've deployed over the years).

I'd also imagine that someone who wants to collect wild nuts would do so in areas that are easier to get to, not those miles from roads and facilities.

I was just thinking something to which these posts are relevant.  I've long thought it, but it's funny, never in precisely these words.

The reason the proponents have me on the wood ape question (my personal meetings with some of them help, but only marginally) and the skeptics don't is:

The proponents give me evidence I can check out against what I know.  The skeptics ask me to believe.

Why should I think apes are doing this?

1) It looks just like what apes do elsewhere;

2) Humans got beyond this long ago;

3) Humans collecting food collect a lot, and take it home;

4) People I consider reliable are telling me this is a long way from where I should expect folks to do this, and that they have seen no one else there.  Both are things my experience in that area tells me are quite reasonable;

5) People I consider reliable are seeing apes here.

Now why should I think humans are doing this?

Disregard all that, and accept something I consider a stretch on every count.

Edited by DWA