N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

I am thankful for this free forum.  It is illuminating and open to all, even me.  And I think your choice to 'prove' in such a manner is lamentable, and on the side of foolish.  I think, seeing the popular vote for your response, I won't question your killer instincts in this thread.   

Edited by apehuman

Guest OntarioSquatch

The recent Bigfoot shooting accident happened in Rogers county. There's hardly any people where the NAWAC does their operations.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

go to Cornell's bird website....and listen to some Raven clucks..especially in the  Macaulay nature sound library on that site..

ravens have a cluck sound...that we can almost replicate...  that they use infrequently as territorial...

it is also a candidate for these sounds...either Bfs imitating them...or just producing a similar loud cluck...

I'm pretty familiar with Ravens and their vocalizations - they're all over the area I hunt moose in. They were among the first candidates I looked into, and were not close at all. The sounds I heard changed pitch and tone in a way I haven't yet heard matched by anything other than people. They also came from ground level in very heavy brush - not the usual hangout for ravens in the boreal forest.

p.s..MadAxe.congratulations on the baby!!!..  

Thanks! Now if only he would sleep....

I think, seeing the popular vote for your response, I won't question your killer instincts in this thread.   

I think I've established that I'm open and available for questions. How many pages long is this and the other related threads?

You question was overly hypothetical and I answered it the best I could. Obviously, our worldviews are very different

Edit: A cold body upon an examining table will prove the point, eh? And those raising doubts and concerns should do their part, too, eh? Yet, they don't, or as I believe, are unable. Thus, the need for the cold, dead body upon a clinical slab. You might exhibit your concern, but realize, if you (or anyone else) chooses not to provide proof, then the need for those bent upon bringing evidence to the forefront.

Exactly. As I said in my apparently evasive answer, the NAWAC intends to establish the existence of this animal. If it were already established, we wouldn't need to. It does not matter to me or anyone else in the group from who or how that happens. If there is a person or group of individuals who thinks they can prove the animal, then they should do so. 

Edited by bipto

SY,

What the heck are you talking about....some sort of nation wide DNA lab conspiracy enforced by who? Good grief dude!

There's another thread for this started by Branco he/she is apparently fully on board with it.. please join us over there for some fun!!!

This goes back to having a signed release from the donor of human DNA to publish it in Genbank. What would stop someone who collects samples with human DNA from doing whatever they want with it? Who is authorized to do anything with it? Could someone do nefarious things with it?

This would be some questions to ask when trying to understand policy. I don't see the same problems with animal (non-human) DNA. 

Too hypothetical. 

that's your call.  not mine.  not even close.  but, as I said I am not here to change the course of the thread, just wanted an answer to that question b/c it is meaningful to me.

I got enough of an answer (from several!) to satisfy my curiosity.  I won't hang around to press it.  No need.  Not here to change your mind, but just wanted to know where your boundary was on the question I posed.  

You said...

Hypothetical I guess...

If you knew, or there were DNA results via good peer review, or even your own results, that BFs were in the genus Homo....maybe Homo erectus (or the RDC people alive 11K years ago), or even boisie.. (extinct so long tho!)....but still without a speciman...and still an unregulated pursuit...(you can know, or 'science,'  but the law is far behind. with a much higher hurdle to convince a court of anything scientific, not yet widely accepted).... would you still try to kill one, or advocate killing one by people such as our selves (rather than say a government agency), to provide a type speciman?

Your hypothetical starts by saying there's a DNA result that's passed peer review but then ends by saying it's not scientifically accepted. Those two things seem at odds (unless one believes the ravings of Ketchum count as "peer reviewed" results). Therefore, it's a highly unlikely scenario with no way to craft a reasonable response. The only way forward would be to have a conversation about how totally different wood apes appear to be from something like H. erectus (who made tools, fires, etc.). I and the rest of the group clearly dismiss that hypothesis based on our own experiences and observations. 

I will reiterate that our mission is to facilitate the establishment of the animal so they and their environment can be conserved, not to kill one. It just so happens that the vast majority of animals (like, over 99%) are established via physical remains. We'd be just as happy to move on to other conservation efforts (such as impacting the development of the proposed Marvin Nichols Reservoir northeast of DFW). 

Edited by bipto

The only way forward would be to have a conversation about how totally different wood apes appear to be from something like H. erectus (who made tools, fires, etc.). I and the rest of the group clearly dismiss that hypothesis based on our own experiences and observations. 

If you really want to have a conversation worth having, share some evidence that supports your hypothesis, experience and observations, not a lack of this or that. You've practically got a habituation going on if you can hide in a plastic tent and shoot at manlike figures on thermal. So, you should have audio recordings of these apes doing all those screams, howls , whoops and chatter you've heard. The vast majority of evidence for these creatures can be atributed to the genus homo in one way or another, so in my opinion you are hoping for a convergently evolved ape that produces the same evidence, which I think science would say is less likely to happen than to simply have another member of homo co-habitating along side us.

It sure would explain a lack of proof better.

• Upvote 3

You can choose to believe us or not. Our goal is not to prove our experiences to you. We're focused on establishing the animal. Audio recordings are interesting, but they won't do that. Ever. When we have them, we share them. But we're not focused on collecting any evidence that doesn't support the larger goal. 

Sorry if that leaves you wanting more. Remember, hold on to your receipt. 

I think I've established that I'm open and available for questions. How many pages long is this and the other related threads?

But,But  yet still we have no body! Those so called  wood ape's must be really sneaky.Right! or are they invisble .You know you cannot shoot at them when they are invisble.Right! Why? The bullets will go right through them.Ha Ha

He He.

On a serious note : It would be great to just run into a dead one laying on the forest floor to bring black to the lab. Sure one needs to be shot but then one will lead to two and then when will it stop.When they are now endangered and there are only two left .No shooting is not an ideal way to gain acces to them.

Approx. how far is Rogers County from your location?

Do you think this recent incident will affect your team's ability to operate with firearms in the area?

Omar Pineda, 21, told News On 6 that he shot his friend in the back after he heard a “barking noise†in Rogers County. He said that the noise spooked him during a hunt for Bigfoot, a mythical bipedal beast that has been the subject of intense scrutiny in recent years.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/343635-bigfoot-hunt-man-shot-3-arrested-in-oklahoma/

I understand the frustration.  If you've seen one clearly, you know they exist.  They walk around, eat, defecate, make noises, you can see them and hear them, but they aren't supposed to be there.  Millions of people have been living in the vicinity of what is likely thousands of BF in the last 150 years, but we still don't have a body.  Either BF are beaming back to the starship Enterprise when they are about to die, or they are capable of inter-dimensional travel as some NA have said, or once in a while, from time to time, we have encountered their bodies, and things have been swept under the rug.  If the third option turns out to be true, then you will have your hands full when you go to prove BF exist.

Option 3 (swept under the rug..MIB)  likely but also forgetting Option 4 (People shoot one and it is carried off by other BF) Option 5 (People shoot one and go "Oh Crap: thats looks like a man "' WTH do we do???...leave it and run or bury it...)