SweatyYeti

Pgf Frames Sharpened With Blurity Software

SweatyYeti

Now that I've actually purchased the 'Blurity' Image de-blurring program...I will be using it to sharpen-up many of the PGF Film Frames....and, I thought it would be good to have a specially-devoted thread to post them all in. :)

This is the first one....the Cibachrome version of Frame 364...

Frame364Cibachrome_deblurred2-OriginalCo

Note the sharpening of the lips...the opening in the center of the mouth becomes more clearly defined. 

I may have to use some of these Blurity images in new 'mouth movement' animations. ;)

Here is the image Full-size, as posted in the 'Cibachrome' thread...

Frame364Cibachrome_deblurred2B_zpsba9b5d

Also, I will be noting on the images that they are Blurity de-blurred images...so that, over time, they won't become confused with the Original versions of the Film Frames.

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 3

Nice work Sweaty, look forward to seeing some more!!

SweatyYeti

^

Thanks, Paddyman... :)  Blurity is a pretty amazing piece of Software....it has quite a bit of 'computing power' that it analyzes, and de-blurs an image with. It won't always remove streaking (due to camera motion) in an image...but it does do an excellent job of sharpening-up the focus.

Here is an explanation of how the Program works, and a review of it...

http://mac.appstorm.net/reviews/graphics/fixing-blurry-photos-with-blurity/

Guest wudewasa

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and for keeping the procedure transparent by sharing how it works.

Thepattywagon

Thanks, Sweaty! Cool program.

Why was I under the impression that the prominent mouth and lips were a result of some MK Davis 'tinkering'?

WV FOOTER

Thanks for sharing this Sweaty. I always wondered if Patty would be considered "Hot" or "eh" in the Bigfoot World.

• Upvote 1

xspider1

^ very funny WV! +

Cool image de-blurring, SweatyYeti, I can't wait to see more.  That's a very good idea to make the notations.  Your animated gifs created with those should be particularly interesting! +

dmaker

Mmmmmm, more clear diaper butt. Needs copious amounts of red circles.

Edited by dmaker

kbhunter

Hey Sweaty, good job and thanks! Can you sharpen up the frames of the legs and butt areas? Primarily, the area of the "injury" where there seems to be a bulge on the thigh? Also, of course the buttocks to see more clearly the "diaper butt" affect.

Thanks!

KB

Sunflower

Wowee, it's terrific, very, very nice software.  I think if you have a digital pic taken with a camera like mine that has excellent focusing properties the difference is not that dramatic.  But, because this is an old movie film still that has been blurry since 1967 it's stunning.   Her face is the most noticeable and can't wait to see what else comes of this.

Thanks for sharing Sweaty, I really appreciate it.

SweatyYeti

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and for keeping the procedure transparent by sharing how it works.

It's my pleasure, wudewasa... :) I would only do this type of processing openly, and 'above board'....I'm not interested in trying to "pull anything over", on anyone. I'll definitely label any images I post...(even cropped images)...that have been processed/sharpened with Blurity.

We need to be able to know whether PGF images we're looking at are original, un-processed images...or processed images.

Thepattywagon wrote:

Thanks, Sweaty! Cool program.

Why was I under the impression that the prominent mouth and lips were a result of some MK Davis 'tinkering'?

You're welcome, PW. :)

You might be thinking of MK's images in which he cranked-up the contrast...in order to bring out more mouth/lip detail. He was working with a slightly fuzzier version of the Film than the 'Copy 8' images, that I've been using....but yet, he was able to see that there is a slight opening between the lips, in a few of the Frames.

WV Footer wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Sweaty. I always wondered if Patty would be considered "Hot" or "eh" in the Bigfoot World.

Again...you're welcome! :)  Well, personally, I think that Patty has some pretty smooth curves....if that helps answer your question, WV... :popcorn:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Cotter

Almost appears that you can see a 'sew' mark where the arm and shoulder were attached.

Also, is the tuft of hair on the left leg I see considered the 'injury'?

Interesting lines around the 'diaper' as well.

Thx for the work Sweaty, tho personally, I may have ratcheted back my opinion a touch.

HOLDMYBEER

Thank you for putting the enhancement notation on the image.

SweatyYeti

Hey Sweaty, good job and thanks! Can you sharpen up the frames of the legs and butt areas? Primarily, the area of the "injury" where there seems to be a bulge on the thigh? Also, of course the buttocks to see more clearly the "diaper butt" affect.

Thanks!

KB

Sunflower wrote:

Wowee, it's terrific, very, very nice software.  I think if you have a digital pic taken with a camera like mine that has excellent focusing properties the difference is not that dramatic.  But, because this is an old movie film still that has been blurry since 1967 it's stunning.   Her face is the most noticeable and can't wait to see what else comes of this.

Thanks for sharing Sweaty, I really appreciate it.

Thanks, KBHunter, and Sunflower... :)

I will be sharpening a lot of the Frames with Blurity....so, we'll see how those areas, and details look, with more sharply-defined edges. It should be very interesting!

Thank you for putting the enhancement notation on the image.

You're welcome, HMB. As I just mentioned...I don't want to 'pollute the database' of PGF Images, such that nobody will be able to know/trust whether they're looking at an original, un-processed image....or not. :)

The Program does legitimately sharpen images, though....and it can help bring out small details on Patty's body, more clearly, and definitively.

Edited by SweatyYeti

Bill

Sweati:

Two things to keep in mind.

1. Excellent that you are clearly labeling images as processed, Disclosure is essential.

2. It would help to document your settings in the software, so the results are repeatable. That keeps it scientific.  MK's secret formula for his enhancements is what ruined then as scientific data. Nobody knew how to repeat his effort to check it for distortion vs clarification.

Last, a full disclosure of the effort should publish the settings, the source image and the resulting image, to keep the effort totally scientific and useful for analysis.

Good luck with this fine effort.

Bill