SweatyYeti

Pgf Frames Sharpened With Blurity Software

thermalman

Good work SY. :)

JoelS

THAT is really neat!  Can't wait to see more of the film this way.

SweatyYeti

Sweati:

Two things to keep in mind.

1. Excellent that you are clearly labeling images as processed, Disclosure is essential.

2. It would help to document your settings in the software, so the results are repeatable. That keeps it scientific. MK's secret formula for his enhancements is what ruined then as scientific data. Nobody knew how to repeat his effort to check it for distortion vs clarification.

Last, a full disclosure of the effort should publish the settings, the source image and the resulting image, to keep the effort totally scientific and useful for analysis.

Good luck with this fine effort.

Bill

Thanks for the suggestions, Bill. :) I can record the settings on the controls, to make this work a little more scientific.

I only have a minute to post, right now....but, here is a link to what the controls look like...(the newest version has one or two additional Parameter Controls added)...

http://img.creativemark.co.uk/uploads/images/082/15082/img3File.png

And...thanks, Thermalman, and JoelS... :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Airdale

The lips appear pursed in a manner very similar to what is often observed in other apes. Amazing detail those hoaxers put in to that "costume" eh? One would almost think they were preparing for an Ansel Adams portrait sitting, rather than a few seconds of grainy 16 mm action!

ThePhaige

Nice!!

Bill

One other thing to consider is bench testing the software itself, by taking a photo that is deliberately slightly out of focus, and the exact same shot in perfect focus, and seeing what the de-bluuring system produces as compared to the truly sharp version.

That should be done with common objects, and done with fur costumes and real animals, ideally.

Sweaty: I can't do much this month because of a rather intense personal obligation, but once I get past that, I might be able to get the same software and work with you on testing it further.

It has the potential for a good scientific paper on the PGF study.

We really can see the evidence even further enhanced accurately, which would be great.

Bill

OntarioSquatch

I thought it'd be a good idea to compare it to regular image sharpening. Here's the same image sharpened several times with Photobucket

PhotobucketampBlurity_zpsc53ab059.jpg

There seems to be a slight difference.

SweatyYeti

One other thing to consider is bench testing the software itself, by taking a photo that is deliberately slightly out of focus, and the exact same shot in perfect focus, and seeing what the de-bluuring system produces as compared to the truly sharp version.

That should be done with common objects, and done with fur costumes and real animals, ideally.

Sweaty: I can't do much this month because of a rather intense personal obligation, but once I get past that, I might be able to get the same software and work with you on testing it further.

It has the potential for a good scientific paper on the PGF study.

We really can see the evidence even further enhanced accurately, which would be great.

Bill

Sure, Bill...that sounds good to me! :) I think if we 'put our heads together', that we can bring out some additional details on Patty.

I think that your 'Copy 14' version would be a great candidate for sharpening, and finding new details in....especially in the 'facial movement' category. 

SweatyYeti

I thought it'd be a good idea to compare it to regular image sharpening. Here's the same image sharpened several times with Photobucket

There seems to be a slight difference.

That is a pretty impressive result  from Photoshop, Ontario. It's almost the same as Blurity. I very rarely ever use Photoshop myself, so I haven't had any idea how well it's sharpening feature works. 

It would be interesting to see how it's sharpened images would compare with Blurity's on additional Film Frames. :)

SweatyYeti

The lips appear pursed in a manner very similar to what is often observed in other apes.

Amazing detail those hoaxers put in to that "costume" eh? One would almost think they were preparing for an Ansel Adams portrait sitting, rather than a few seconds of grainy 16 mm action!

Very true, Airdale... :)

Patty's pursed lips match-up pretty well with a Chimp's......and a Sasquatch's...

Patty-PursedLipsComparison4_zps49db0b60.

Bee-u-tee-ful!! Really amazing, TY!

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Cool work Sweati.......   I must say though the photobucket sharpening posted up by OS is clearer.

Surprising but true.  

Edited by bipedalist

SweatyYeti

^

Yeah, BP...it's surprising to me how well it sharpened the image! What impresses me is how it sharpens without creating 'processing artifacts' in the image. When I've tried sharpening images in the program I use...Irfanview....it tends to create lines, and squares, as processing artifacts....along with the sharpening.

But, if Ontario wants to try sharpening some of the same Film Frames that I'll sharpen with Blurity....we can compare the images.....and see who 'wins'! :)

I'm already working on a couple of 'mouth movement' animations using the Blurity-sharpened images...and, they're looking pretty good, so far! :)

Here is the comparison above, with the color removed from Patty's image...to show only the black-and-white shading detail of the lips...

Patty-PursedLipsComparison5_zpsb50868d9.

Edited by SweatyYeti

thermalman

"She's sexy and she knows it!"  ;)

JohnP3907

I'm sure this has been discussed around here, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction: What's the story on the jagged line at the top of Patty's right thigh--just above the infamous thumb brush/hip wader line? It looks line the design on Charlie Brown's T-shirt.