Wolverines (Plural) Sighting, Goat Rocks Wilderness

HOLDMYBEER

On the continuing saga of my claim of spotting two wolverines in the Goat Rocks Wilderness, I have received an email from a biologist tied to the Cascade Carnivore Project who says she had a camera station within 50 meters of my sighting location that successfully captured wolverine photos in 2009. I only bring this up as I feel it strengthens my claim.

BFF Patron

A wolverine is #2 on my list of critters that I want to get a good look at.    BF is #1.   Humans are lucky to see either one.   Apparently I was one of the first to find evidence of wolves on Clark County WA.    Maybe my luck will hold.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

HMB. Congrats on that experience. I do not make it that far north so probably will never get to see one, in the wild, in my lifetime. Experiences like that you have to cherish, people never get to see things like that much at all.

• 1 year later...

Just returned from the area with an observation of the goat lake area. The area is now completely devoid of snow. Wolverine are adapted to the snow so this is a condition that doesn't facilitate their habitat.

And a lesson I learned the hard way:  During my third evening I was treated with a delightful movement of 36 mountain goats across a cliff face in single file above the lake.......it looked scary to me but they all made it seem very routine, both the very young and the old......so I went for my camera and, Allah Akbar, I had the black screen of death. New Canon camera and nothing but a black screen. If I'd had a film camera I could have worked around the problem but a digital camera, not so. So lesson learned.

post-1736-0-77913600-1439523216_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I am sorry but I do not see any wolverines in that photo.  You need hard evidence if you want us to believe you saw such an animal.  I have been hiking in the woods for most of my 50 year life and have never run across a wolverine.  Clearly they do not exists.