Backdoc

Attempts To Make A Patty Suit

Backdoc

I have noticed there are many threads that overlap on the topic of a Patty Suit.  I thought we could have a focused discussion on Attempts to make a Patty Suit.  To me, the most famous attempt to a rookie Bigfoot watcher would be the failed attempt by X Creatures.  

I would say the utter failure of this attempt helped remove what little doubt I may have.  Please follow up on this with pics and other discussion.

My take has always been this:  Show me how Bob and Roger (or John Chambers) did it in a same or similar way and I will take a look.  

Backdoc

• Upvote 1

xspider1

My favorite all-time Patty suit attempt would probably have to be the Blevins' Big Bird Foot:

post-131-0-58542600-1374549237.jpg

One ex-PGf-detractor who was extremely touted by his minions here back in the day (Kit) actually said that the above debacle was "pretty good".  oh my!  ROFL  :o

post-131-0-77263500-1374550087.jpg

Backdoc

Just watched a vid of Blevins walking in field (with shaken camera)   I literally laughed out loud.  The walk was like a man in a suit having a hard time walking and looked like he had a full diaper on.  Thanks for posting

"My take has always been this:  Show me how Bob and Roger (or John Chambers) did it in a same or similar way and I will take a look.  "

AND use only materials and known techniques available in 1967 !

SweatyYeti

Here are the proud creators of the "Blevins Beast"....(as I like to call it)... :) ...

BlevinsBunch5_zpsc97b16e2.jpg

And, here's the amazing 'X Creature' suit.....dripping with 'realism'... :lol: ...

XC-Furball3_zps992b7e43.jpg

Drew

This one looks like Patty from neck down.

Backdoc

Drew,  I can't 'Bear' it. 

I will agree this suit does give some resemblance to the Patty subject.  There are several problems not seen in the fast editing:

The proportions, the lack of muscle movements.

In it's favor I do like the hair has some blacks and greys and I do like the bulk.

So let's then assume you have a winner here.  Shouldn't they be able to take this very suit and a camera from 1967 and make a very same or similar Patty Film? 

Just so you know Drew, I watched it several times and it looks a heck of a lot better than the 'professional attempt' on X creatures.  I'll bet what you have found here will make for some interesting discussion.  (and if Roger Patterson had shot this film you posted, many skeptics would claim the Bear was also fake)     Thank you for your post.  This is pretty interesting.

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

Ike

I shouldn't be surprised if Sweaty or someone else has expounded on this before. One thing I consistently note in every suit/hoax/costume/recreation that I have seen is the point where the cuff meets the hand. The arm and wrist always appear rather bulky, then boom...cuff ends and there's a substantially less bulky hand. Patty appears to me to have a graceful taper in the forearm which naturally continues to the wrist and hand as you would expect in a real creature. Even taking Patty out of the mix, this is one of the tell-tale points I see or look for when looking at any purported photos or film of a alleged BF.

Backdoc

I agree Ike.  Great point.  That taper point would be what we expect in nature.  Nature is pretty efficient.  In a human body the bulk of the hand movers are in the forearm and they don't cont to the wrist in the same bulk since there is no efficient reason for them to do so.

Backdoc

Backdoc

Drew,

I would love to see the TV show this vid you posted comes from. That way we could see your subject walk and do other things. It's hard to tell much due to the wrestling. It may be even more impressive if we saw the subject walk.

Do you have any idea what show this comes off of so I can look for it?

Patty Suit Grades:

Blevins D-

X Creatures D-

Drew's wrestler B+

Keep them coming guys,

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

Bill

Here's one most people have never seen, Erik Beckjord's 1982 attempt to replicate Patty.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac249/pgfresearch/pgf/ImageGroupBeckjordPGFrecreation_zps84cae447.jpg

Photobucket is in a bad mood and won't allow me to copy the usual image code so the forum displays the image.

If anyone wants to try copying the image and posting it so it's visible, feel free to.

Bill

Edited by Bill

AaronD

post-17666-0-26796200-1374595884_thumb.j

Try this....

Bill, what would you charge to build a patty replica to scale? Like say someone shot patty that day and had her taxidermized(?)  What material would be used to create muscle under the fur? I'd think a frame of pvc pipe would be the easiest part to accomplish.

Boris Khan

Drew,

I would love to see the TV show this vid you posted comes from. That way we could see your subject walk and do other things. It's hard to tell much due to the wrestling. It may be even more impressive if we saw the subject walk.

Patty Suit Grades:

Blevins D-

X Creatures D-

Drew's wrestler B+

Keep them coming guys,

Backdoc

Backdoc,

It's from a 1994 movie called "Bigfoot: The Unforgettable Encounter" starring Zachary Ty Bryan (of 'Home Improvement' fame) and Gary Maloncon as the bigfoot.

Boris Khan

SweatyYeti

Drew,

Patty Suit Grades:

Blevins D-

X Creatures D-

Drew's wrestler B+

Keep them coming guys,

Backdoc

I don't find the 'Bear vs. Bigfoot' suit very impressive, Backdoc....it appears to be suffering from 'Baggy Pajamas' Disease. :) Check out the legs, for instance...

BVB2_zpsae840b47.jpg

In sharp contrast to that bagginess...(with nearly no 'body contour')....Patty has very distinctive/tight body contour....as fine as the sharp shading on the back of the arm matching the protruding bone of a gorilla's elbow...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/SweatyYeti/Patty%20Arm%20Comparisons/PattyF307GorillaElbowPoint3.jpg

As for grading....I would give that suit an 'F', in several respects.

Edited by SweatyYeti

AaronD

Good points, Sweaty. And that suit was what-90's technology with a few million budget? Now here come Roger and Bob, financially destitute and more cowboy than rocket scientist--yeah, they made a suite with moving muscle and all......