Backdoc

Attempts To Make A Patty Suit

Backdoc

I was browsing Netflix last night and a thought occurred.

There were some movies that featured Ape costumes.  The more I thought about movies and TV shows of the 1960's and 1970's the more I realized something.  It seem costumes in those shows tended to show the apes in a darker light or in the brush and so on. Even the daylight viewing of these animals tended to be a dark day. Even in the 1977 King Kong we see an ape in most of the daylight shots that clearly do not look like they are outside in real daylight. 

The times those Apes appear in 'movie daylight' they are clearly a man in a suit.

In the PGF, the lighting seems to be the worst type of lighting to hide a hoax. That is, we have a fall day. Fall days to me always seem sunny but clear where there sun does not overpower you when outside at 1pm.  The time of the day is when the sun seems to be at its brightest. The bluff creek figure seems to be filmed in a light that is very bright but not so bright the light blinds you against a grey-white backdrop.  (sunlight seems to make something white glow in a bright sun making other things hard to see)  It just seems if Roger faked the PGF, he did it some of the light that I would think is the worse light he could choose to camouflage a hoax.

I would think even skeptics would agree whatever we do see on the film is in fact as clear as it can be under the circumstances.  Wouldn't a hoaxer use lighting such as the lighting used in the movie 'First Blood' where Sly Stallone is in the woods in the NW USA (that is really Canada) ?

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 1

salubrious

^^ Really good point!

SweatyYeti

Taken from Dfoot's "recreation of Patty" video.....here is a short clip of the comparison of the right legs...

DfootWalkAG7C_zps35838371.gif

One minor shortfall, of Dfoot's....the glaring fold, in the first frame. Ooops... :lol:

"Nothing's gonna change my world"....and no-one's gonna re-create Patty...

Guest Crowlogic

Was Dfoot planning on using forearm extensions?  Notice how short his arm was,  

^Good call.

post-337-0-28650200-1394300670_thumb.png

What say you Kit?

kitakaze

I say he shouldn't have shown Bigfoot enthusiasts more than Roger did...

776647e872eea72f1.jpg

Backdoc

^^^

The pic of the arm is just a pic in post #696.  Need to see the entire video of the 'work product' trying to walk in motion to judge it's 'work product' result against what we see in the PGF.  The work in progress does not mean anything for it or against it.  The 'nothing going to change my world' shows almost nothing and it does it with quick editing.  Need to see a video of it trying to walk like Patty.  Blevins did this.  It looked terrible but at least he did it.

SweatyYeti

^^^

The pic of the arm is just a pic in post #696.  Need to see the entire video of the 'work product' trying to walk in motion to judge it's 'work product' result against what we see in the PGF. 

Not necessarily, Doc....'still images' of the arm can be very telling, with regards to the location of the elbow-joint....and regarding the proportion of the arm.   :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc

Not saying u can't tell things from a still pic. (Hello x-rays). There would be more reason to see if the suit itself holds up while moving. Some might think a still photo of Blevins suit looks good. Very few would think so when they see it in action. Yes, I agree we don't need to see moving pics for everything. Since patty was moving and the suit motion or function concept is the main reason behind making a suit vs. say, a statue , I just wanted to see a link where we can compare motions on how what we see in a still shot behaves when It moves. Just to measure arm length I would think you would benefit from a still shot both by the PGF and a non PGf.

Still wanting to see the whole thing featured in "nothing ...world". I agree but want more to see more than being offered on the arm.

SweatyYeti

Not saying u can't tell things from a still pic. (Hello x-rays). There would be more reason to see if the suit itself holds up while moving. Some might think a still photo of Blevins suit looks good. Very few would think so when they see it in action. Yes, I agree we don't need to see moving pics for everything. Since patty was moving and the suit motion or function concept is the main reason behind making a suit vs. say, a statue , I just wanted to see a link where we can compare motions on how what we see in a still shot behaves when It moves. Just to measure arm length I would think you would benefit from a still shot both by the PGF and a non PGf.

Still wanting to see the whole thing featured in "nothing ...world". I agree but want more to see more than being offered on the arm.

Sure, Doc...there's nothing wrong with wanting to see a suit in motion, replicating what we see with Patty. :)

I just wanted to make sure that that picture of Dfoot's 'suit arm' wasn't given any credit, as replicating a detail on Patty. All it shows is that the 'overall length' of the arm can be extended with a suit. As far as I know, I don't think that principle has ever been in dispute. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Crowlogic

I remember seeing a big fur suit hanging on a coat hanger or something that was headless and was said to be a commonly used 60's TV prop.  Maybe this is the claimed PGF suit of Kit's informant?  Twas on JREF in 2010 I think.  

However making what we see on the PGF goes way beyond everything I've seen on 60's Star Trek and Lost In Space.  None of that stuff looks good in motion.  None of it!

Edited by Crowlogic

Backdoc

SY,

I think Kit did an very good job answering the arm length Q in his post #696.  He used a still pic to address that Q and that is proper.  I simply feel, that Q being answered, we cannot know how this will work from a functional standpoint.   In the end, we do need to see the entire suit attempt in context vs the PGF. That must be done in motion.

Many instances of still pics should be used. My objection is the hit and run tactics of some who use still data to answer functional data. Nothing more and nothing less.

Crow,

I agree.  Your post illustrates my ultimate end point.  If we had a breaking story where Mrs. Patterson died and they found a suit in her belongings, we still need to see it move at some point I would think. 

SweatyYeti

SY,

I think Kit did an very good job answering the arm length Q in his post #696.  He used a still pic to address that Q and that is proper.  I simply feel, that Q being answered, we cannot know how this will work from a functional standpoint.   In the end, we do need to see the entire suit attempt in context vs the PGF. That must be done in motion.

Many instances of still pics should be used. My objection is the hit and run tactics of some who use still data to answer functional data. Nothing more and nothing less.

I didn't know there was any question concerning replicating Patty's 'arm length', Doc. :)

There is a matter, though...of replicating it's proportion, and where the elbow reaches to.

• Upvote 1

Cotter

Devil's in the details, eh Sweaty?

SweatyYeti

^

It sure is, Cotter. :)

The details of the arm go far beyond simply it's 'overall length'.  It's kinda funny, actually....how kitakaze has gone from this...

"I could turn the entire world of Bigfootery on its ear with a single sentence, "

So let Bigfooters think I am all words and words and word. That's fine. I'll write more words and words. When the hammer falls, I promise you, there will be a storm of words from every corner.

.....to posting pictures of Dfoot wearing an "incredibly Patty-like".......'arm extension'... :lol:

And, trying to crush the PGF by posting pictures of the BCM trackway... :lol:

Not exactly the 'hard proof' we were promised.....but, worth raising a glass to, nonetheless!!...

ZeroProofDrinks1_zpsb1b510c8.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1