Backdoc

Attempts To Make A Patty Suit

xspider1

^     The zero-proof cocktails are awesome!!  Thanks for a good laugh, I needed it.    :haha:

I say he shouldn't have shown Bigfoot enthusiasts more than Roger did...

Don't worry, kit, DFoot showed bigfoot enthusiasts infinitely less than Roger did.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

^     The zero-proof cocktails are awesome!!  Thanks for a good laugh, I needed it.    :haha:

Glad they "hit the spot", xspider! :)

Or, as kitakaze would say...."Excellent"... :lol:

Don't worry, kit, DFoot showed bigfoot enthusiasts infinitely less than Roger did.

That's a much more accurate assessment, X... :thumbsup:

Edited by SweatyYeti

xspider1

There should be a fortune cookie that says: 

"Never brag about a $200 bigfoot costume until you make one."    8 )  

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

Love it. The skeptics never have a good answer for: Show us the suit.

The skeptics fortune cookie should say, "hey, why are you reading this message to know the future, I thought you were a skeptic."

Backdoc

For those who have not read it, let me recommend Bill Munns new book When Roger Met Patty. He goes through the steps needed to pull of a bigfoot suit. He reviews methods common in 1967.

Backdoc

Squatchy McSquatch

Here is Bill's attempt to make a patty suit:

post-18602-0-01594900-1413745612.png

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

Backdoc

That is part of the story.

Backdoc

roguefooter

So if Patty's arms are supposed to be of normal human proportions, why is Dfoot's suit arm so freakin long?

Oh wait, you guys already brought that up.

BTW I'm pretty sure that suit Bill made was built to test the functionality and properties of the components.

Edited by roguefooter

Backdoc

^^^

Ah, some of the rest of the story. Thank you. Funny how that is. There is usually more to the story.

For Squatchy to give the impression this was Bill suit attempt for an attempt of an exact match did need clarification. I think it will end up resembling the suit Squatchy will build some day.

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

xspider1

Here is Bill's attempt to make a patty suit:

If you honestly believe that is a Munn's attempt to make a Patty suit then mis-information is definitely on your side.  On the other hand, a google image search shows that such things as Bill's recreation of Gigantopithecus (from decades ago) are very relevant:

post-131-0-12066600-1413860546_thumb.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/p9qcsmw

I'll take those kinds of qualifications in determining what a real animal is as opposed to a costume over the distractions from skeptics with no apparent skills in the field every day.

Edited by xspider1
  • Upvote 1

Backdoc

^^^

And this might not be the one won 'Best in the World' on.

Backdoc

Cotter

I didn't realize Bill did that.

That's awesome!  Kinda puts his opinion in perspective a bit, eh?

salubrious

Indeed.

That image shows up in passing in some of his YT videos. It has less impact there- you really don't see the extent of work that must go into a project like that.

That model looks a lot like the ones I saw in terms of size and proportion (of course I can't comment about the face as I did not see it). You suppose someone put a couple of Bill's models way up on the Dallas Divide to prank someone??

I thought DFoots attempt at a suit was quite remarkable based on the images here in BFF...and the infamous youtube clip. I would have loved to see it in action replicating the PGF.

Who knows, maybe there is a reason why we never did. But...objectively speaking...that suit was the best attempt at a replica that I have seen to date. Much better than the Morris atrocity.

Guest DWA

If you honestly believe that is a Munn's attempt to make a Patty suit then mis-information is definitely on your side.  On the other hand, a google image search shows that such things as Bill's recreation of Gigantopithecus (from decades ago) are very relevant:

attachicon.gifMunns-Giganto.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/p9qcsmw

I'll take those kinds of qualifications in determining what a real animal is as opposed to a costume over the distractions from skeptics with no apparent skills in the field every day.

No kidding.  More bigfoot-skeptic load and shoot from hip.  Anyone who doesn't know what that picture was....just yeeeezh.

Maybe Squatchy can take the lead in putting Bob H. into *that* suit.