The Ketchum Report (Part 3)

Guest Admin

The history of DNA analysis of purported hominoid hair has demonstrated two points:

1. Samples from bigfoot researchers are extremely unreliable, virtually certain to be non-hominoid; and,

2. Forensic microscopic hair analysis is remarkably unreliable, with identification often being proven wrong by DNA.

Seems to me that hair should be abandoned as a suitable tissue for sampling.  Hair follicles, however, should be good.

I think some species are easy to identify by their hair and some species may be more difficult to distinguish from others, but we shouldn't abandon hair samples all together because they can have root follicles which when they give a unique primate profile will also give a morphology that can be later found in surveys.

If scientists can identify human hairs in 200k year old hyena dung, then we should be able to identify primate hairs still fresh on the tree. This is just using the scale pattern btw.

http://www.academia.edu/254625/Probable_Human_Hair_Found_In_a_Fossil_Hyaena_Coprolite_From_Gladysvale_Cave_South_Africa

^ Your cited paper says the hair in the dingo dung is probable human.

Were not most, if not all, hairs submitted to Sykes screened microscopically and determined to be purported non-modern human hominoid (ie, unidentified primate)?  The notes on your hair sample acknowledges disagreement in microscopic hair analysis interpretations.  Based on what I've seen of the science of hair analysis in this field I don't trust it.

That's your perogative, but it doesn't stop scientists from making identifications with it, and the uncertainty of it constantly begs for other methods of ID in conjunction with it, true enough. The DNA and morphology together is stronger evidence, along with every detail in it's collection.

Were not most, if not all, hairs submitted to Sykes screened microscopically

Nope, not at all IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Attached see a new paper I wrote on Supplemental Raw Data on the Sasquatch Genome Project (Melba Ketchum) website: sasquatchgenomeproject.org and the Supplemental Data 3 in the Ketchum et al. paper.  Numerous mistakes were made by them which result in incorrect interpretations of sequence data and consequently wrong conclusions.  Please comment!!

Ketchum Mistakes Revealed-combined Table 3.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new blog site at bigfootclaims.blogspot.com which you should all find informative. Among other things it takes you through my BLAST searches so you can get the same results I did from Melba's three nDNA sequences.

• 1 month later...

It's out: my latest blog, "The Ketchum Peer Reviews" to be found on my page bigfootclaims.BlogSpot.com. There have been many armchair opinions expressed on these reviews and whether they were fair to Melba Ketchum. To my knowledge, nobody has done them due diligence before with BLAST searches and correct interpretations of the results. Don't be diverted by side issues. Focus on the (only - LOL) 16 issues I found in 32 comments from six reviewers. Take the Scott Carpenter challenge and do the searches yourself, using my three blogs on BLAST to guide you. Put this all to rest in your mind and move on.

Yes it would be very painstaking to have done such analysis on every hair sample from the morphological characteristics of each one to the mito preliminary ID to full genome. Not all of which would have been within Ketchum's expertise. So with the outsourcing method you get what you pay for as we could say. All the data points may not have been covered in those contracted costs.Concerning my sample, I think it would be unlikely to have hairs in that collection of two different species, they are too consistent internally. They vary in length from 2" to 8" with examples of both extremes not having cut ends.They are about to be independently tested on DNA, so hold tight.

It's out: my latest blog, "The Ketchum Peer Reviews" to be found on my page bigfootclaims.BlogSpot.com. There have been many armchair opinions expressed on these reviews and whether they were fair to Melba Ketchum. To my knowledge, nobody has done them due diligence before with BLAST searches and correct interpretations of the results. Don't be diverted by side issues. Focus on the (only - LOL) 16 issues I found in 32 comments from six reviewers. Take the Scott Carpenter challenge and do the searches yourself, using my three blogs on BLAST to guide you. Put this all to rest in your mind and move on.

Well, hopefully your site has a reciprocal link back to The BFF.

It would be a shame for you to utilize The BFF's site to promote yours without reciprocation.

Heck, that might even be a rule or something.

Well, hopefully your site has a reciprocal link back to The BFF.

It would be a shame for you to utilize The BFF's site to promote yours without reciprocation.

Heck, that might even be a rule or something.

Yes, it is a rule and the BFF has a link on my website.  I also recommended BFF in a blog.

Matilda's DNA was pristine but only ran at 83%. So, her DNA was obviously not completely human. I also spoke with all three members of the Erickson team and am totally convinced that the videos are legitimate. This is especially true since the DNA findings matched her sex and hair color.

Maybe that was real sasquatch DNA being tested, but there is a major problem with the Matilda video.

I admit that I was inclined to believe the Matilda video might be real, but after looking at Bill Munn's assessment I have a different opinion.  Look at the teeth in the below pictures.  Click on the image if you wish to enlarge it.

The teeth have the same numbers, positions of gaps, and configurations as the Chewbacca mask leading me to believe Matilda was rebuilt around that mask.  If you will notice the flat teeth between the upper canines, they have the same lengths, with one tooth slightly longer than the rest.  The 2nd flat tooth from the left of the screen is a little longer, with the teeth on either side a little shorter.  What are the odds that Chewbacca and Matilda's teeth would be such a close match?  That is beyond coincidence and my hat goes off to the great detective work by Bill Munns.

isthismatilda.jpg

Some differences between these photos is Matilda sports a tongue between the two lower pointed teeth, the nose is different, and the hair is different.  It would appear the nose has been moved up some on Matilda which would match the high nose on real sasquatch photos better than the lower Chewbacca nose.  Several other photos of possible real sasquatches seem to have a wider nose than this one does too.  It would appear the hair was replaced by a different type of hair too, which covers every inch of the face except the nose.  Photos of sasquatches usually show a little more skin on the face.  

I hope all the other footage being held by the Erickson Project is not from the same source.  Bill Munns was allowed to study this for the Erickson Project, and I wonder if his conclusion has had an impact on them not releasing anything more?  If I'm correct, they are supposed to have much more footage from the same area.  Adrian Erickson should sue to retain whatever he paid for this stuff, using the identical teeth as proof of a fraud.