The Ketchum Report (Part 3)

Guest Admin

A few points:   1)  I think any attempt to convince Ketchum supporters that their confidence is misplaced is better initiated by a former supporter than an outsider.  I think it would be a good project.  I would start with her facebook friends, and by splitting up the work, send them each a carefully worded and referenced PM in the dead of night, so they can all read it before she gets to them with her BS.  2) You have to believe that Sykes would have loved to have found a sasquatch among the 30 samples he tested.  The fact that he didn’t is not his fault.  If  he were to find sasquatch in a future sample, it would not detract from his previous work either.  These studies should be taken at face value, not with off topic criticism imo.  3)  The recent comment on his paper in Proc. Roy. Acad. B is really a minor matter.  Sykes said two samples matched an ancient Pleistocene polar bear, when actually it was a recent polar bear.  It’s still a polar bear, and due to the complex phylogeny of bears, more sequence data is necessary to make such distinctions.  In fact, I showed Sykes last July that some polar and some brown bears have the same short (only 104 bp) 12S rRNA gene sequence that he used, so this short sequence cannot even distinguish unambiguously between these two closely related species.  The bear part is however certain.  More on the Sykes study can be found on my blog site, mentioned previously here. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE FORUM !!!

Edited by hvhart

A few points:   1)  I think any attempt to convince Ketchum supporters that their confidence is misplaced is better initiated by a former supporter than an outsider.  I think it would be a good project.  I would start with her facebook friends, and by splitting up the work, send them each a carefully worded and referenced PM in the dead of night, so they can all read it before she gets to them with her BS.  2) You have to believe that Sykes would have loved to have found a sasquatch among the 30 samples he tested.  The fact that he didn’t is not his fault.  If  he were to find sasquatch in a future sample, it would not detract from his previous work either.  These studies should be taken at face value, not with off topic criticism imo.  3)  The recent comment on his paper in Proc. Roy. Acad. B is really a minor matter.  Sykes said two samples matched an ancient Pleistocene polar bear, when actually it was a recent polar bear.  It’s still a polar bear, and due to the complex phylogeny of bears, more sequence data is necessary to make such distinctions.  In fact, I showed Sykes last July that some polar and some brown bears have the same short (only 104 bp) 12S rRNA gene sequence that he used, so this short sequence cannot even distinguish unambiguously between these two closely related species.  The bear part is however certain.  More on the Sykes study can be found on my blog site, mentioned previously here. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE FORUM !!!

hv, I've never ever tried to sabotage anything, plus I have no clue what I would say in any PM to them.

They are blindly following her, and are still hoping for a miracle to occur so all of their time and faith in Melba will not have been in vain. 

I am not the right person to do this revealing expose, You need someone stronger and a lot more angry and disappointed than I am.

I've had a while to work through my issues, and I have no desire to interact with that group again.

I'm so sorry.

Well the Ketchum camp is indeed alive and strong.  Just made their goal.  More genome testing to commence.

From her site:

"We just made our goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll leave the site up for those that want tee shirts and if we raise more money, ...then we do more genomes since we have more samples than 8100.00 covers. 8100.00 is the net amount we will receive from Go Fund Me. I am SO excited. What a grand end to 2014.Thanks to all the donors and especially to Donna Alexander who contributed the huge donation to finish this (at least for some of the samples and especially the giants."

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Ketchum just posted this to her Facebook page to prove the samples she tested were not contaminated, which a primary criticism by some skeptics of her analysis, claiming they must have been contaminated due to the results of known human mixed with unknown DNA.

Perhaps hvhart or southernyahoo can review her methods and explain if there is a problem with this phase of her testing.

Edited by jayjeti

Here's Melba latest claim.

10170966_747887835231616_381142109967383

Dogman sample doesn't have nuDNA yet, just human mtDNA and canine hair. I think it will either turn out like the Sasquatch samples with unknown nuDNA mixed with human or it will be 100% human if the Native American legends of skinwalkers are true, it would mean that a Shaman took on a wolf appearance. Either way, it should prove interesting....

So,  in her opinion as a scientist, the sample is possibly a Shaman taking on a wolf appearance.

Does it say "In my opinion as a scientist"?

It could just be her opinion as someone who has BFs, complete with all their baggage, in her backyard.

I've seen some really large humans, but I have never seen a nimble 800 pound 8 + foot human with a snout.

Just saying...

Edited by SweetSusiq

Does it say "In my opinion as a scientist"?

It could just be her opinion as someone who has BFs, complete with all their baggage, in her backyard.

Sas, I believe that since Melba is a DNA expert/ scientist and BF researcher, any claims she makes comes from a BF researcher/DNA scientist. IMHO.

She has a doctorate in Vet science,and is boarded, I hope, in that field.

Yes, I know, Suzi. I've had several extensive phone conversations with her.

However, I still think it's doubtful that her theory about skinwalkers is based on her opinion "as a scientist".

But that's just IMO.

Edited by Sasfooty

Here's Melba latest claim.

So,  in her opinion as a scientist, the sample is possibly a Shaman taking on a wolf appearance.

Not only did Melba have great vacations, she has had major plastic surgery. She's looking nothing like she used to look. I'm shocked, if I were to ever think about doing that, I'd ask who did hers because they did a fabulous job. That's tens of thousands of dollars for what she had, if not more..

Sasfooty,

Skinwalkers are exactly what now? 

I remember them being something that took on something else's appearance. Is that still correct?

Not only did Melba have great vacations, she has had major plastic surgery. She's looking nothing like she used to look. I'm shocked, if I were to ever think about doing that, I'd ask who did hers because they did a fabulous job. That's tens of thousands of dollars for what she had, if not more..

Sasfooty,

Skinwalkers are exactly what now? 

I remember them being something that took on something else's appearance. Is that still correct?

I think everybody with any memory at all, that kept up with Melba on FB, at the beginning of the project, can probably remember that she was using that picture way back then. (MEEEEOOOOW)?

Apparently you know more about skinwalkers than I do. Where ever did you learn about them?

Give it some more thought before we get too deep into this, Suzi. As I said before, "I've had several extensive phone conversations with her." I don't think you want to get into a public discussion about your association with Melba.