"the Best" Video/pictures Of Bf?

Admin

This was one of the "follow-on" videos after the one posted above finished. I had not seen this before. Very much a blobsquatch and proves nothing, but it does look like something was there. Look for:

Opposite bank to the left, maybe 10-15 yards from the river. An upright black figure is seen a couple of times very briefly in the first 24 seconds of the video. Around the one minute mark, a quick view of the area shows nothing is there. Interesting and inconclusive....

Ok, I just watched that jump again, 12 feet, not on slope, but on to near flat ground, maybe some cushioning effect, but that guy is going to have some back issues. That is a HUGE jump. Not sure if he is 'limping' afterwards? Ahhh, its skipping again.

Could be a moron (for doing that jump). 12 feet is a bit low estimate. That is not sand, and he did not land on the slope, he plopped from 12-14 feet. Ooooowwchhhh

So is he limping afterwards?

Looked to me, he jumped into a natural drainage which is probably loose dirt/sand. I don't think that's BF, but its a cool video nonetheless. I agree with the poster who said the paterson film is still the best evidence on film.

Edited by Henry Frapp

They must do a pretty poor job at hiding if you were able to observe them doing all this.

We were kids and there was no reason to stay indoors.  We were always out in the surrounding areas poking around.  Also, in arid regions they are forced into closer proximity due to the need to share water sources.

Circumstances:

1.  Deer hunting on Peavine Mountain in 1970.  Howling from across a meadow and a large shadowy figure just barely visible in the opposite shaded tree line walking away.

2.  We were approaching a dry wash in the valley with perfect cover and concealment (1972) with the intent to explore it and were accosted by an eight foot plus adult male as we got right up on it.  Middle of the afternoon, middle of August.  Nothing but sagebrush between us and him with the closest of us within arm's reach.

3.  Middle of the night (1972) adult pursued into neighborhood by a pack of feral dogs and cornered in our back yard outside my window.  They're smart, and it apparently knew the layout of our neighborhood by observing from the overlooking ridgeline to the East and intended to lead the dogs through our yard where the fence hadn't yet been built on the front, but formed a cul de sac in the back where it could vault the fence and the dogs would be cornered.  It apparently didn't know about the small flowerbed trellis under my window, though, and tripped over it, which gave the dogs a chance to corner it briefly.

4.  We were investigating an area where they had been feeding on lizards and torn a small boulder formation apart to get at them (1973).  a sub-adolescent female threw a couple of rocks at me from the mouth of a draw.  I pursued her (thought she was another local kid and didn't get a look at her until I was well up the draw).  After I got a look at her I stopped and them followed slowly until I emerged into a sheltered area bounded by three hilltops.  It had been scoured, all vegetation holding even a little water gone.  It occurred to me that I was chasing one of their kids and I didn't want to get caught by its parents.  I left.

5.  Forty miles plus North by Northeast we were looking for an old Indian burial ground Northwest of Pyramid Lake (1976).  We were in the middle of nowhere and an adult male traversed the ridge just in front of us (we were facing West) headed toward a mountain cluster to the Northeast.  We were at least twenty miles from the nearest town and it had no reason to expect that there were any people nearby.

6.  More than once I observed large "people" seven feet or taller silhouetted on the ridgeline East of our neighborhood right at sunset.  The scoured area into which I pursued the sub-adolescent female was right behind them.  On different occasions I observed one large person, two large people, and two large people accompanied by two kids that bounced around in the boulders like chimps.  I assume that they were watching the neighborhood settle down and am certain they knew its layout as well as any of us did.  They were also probably picking out food and water sources.  Pets had a habit of disappearing in our area.

So, if you're a bored kid poking into areas adults have no reason to go, you've got a better chance of encountering them. 

If you control the local water and live in an irrigated area in an otherwise arid environment where you grow edible plants, and attract local prey species from the surrounding environment, you've got a chance of bringing them in closer and your area may become a stop over as they travel, particularly if they intend to hydrate well before striking out on the next leg of their travel where water is scarce.

They understand that in low light at a distance they are likely to be ignored (we mistake them for people).

They study and have a very well developed awareness of the areas in which they stay even for brief times.

They also study us and our behavior patterns and apply that knowledge to avoid us even as they exploit the food sources or feeding opportunities we inadvertently create for them.

Looked to me, he jumped into a natural drainage which is probably loose dirt/sand. I don't think that's BF, but its a cool video nonetheless. I agree with the poster who said the paterson film is still the best evidence on film.

Observing the slide, at the beginning of his jump he appeared to be going for a spot four or five feet below his initial position.  He hit the loose sand there with his heels and went over, striking the same spot with his buttocks as he fell past it down to the bottom.  That slowed his fall slightly.  He was limping after.  It wasn't a bigfoot.  It was an idiot.

• Upvote 1

Jdl- good accounts from that area. Have you read the two accounts of mother BF with kids up at the spillway at the resivoir next to Georgetown? Your neck of the woods, right? 

Admin

JDL, I read at least some of your accounts in the past. Very interesting and I imagine terrifying as well.

Are you still in the area and if so, do you ever get out in those places to explore?

I think this one is good, could be REALLY good if they went back with a human of known height and showed him jumping down:

Here's a link to a previous BFF discussion on the Parkour Bigfoot.... Sighting of Giant Bigfoot.

A 20-25 foot leap isn't that hard for some.

Guest COGrizzly

Sorry Wag, bigfoot or not, that jump isn't much of a drop at all.  I have friends that have jumped at least 20 foot from a deck to pavement and walked away, no limp no nothing.

Maybe PGF.  Maybe.  I'm even doubting that anymore.

Well, they are convieniently un-contactable, so they can't be asked to do a recreation with a tall human. Thats the only way to seal the deal on this. But its a good one either way.

JDL, I read at least some of your accounts in the past. Very interesting and I imagine terrifying as well.

Are you still in the area and if so, do you ever get out in those places to explore?

I left for the Academy in '78 and was in the Army until '97.  My parents moved on to Missouri in the interim.  I did visit the area last in early 2011.  I spent a day poking around, but the valley was totally developed by then.  Housing developments and warehouses up and down the length.  It's a shame, really.  There were a lot of gold rush and native American artifacts where they built.  When I was a kid, the valley was the natural corridor to bypass the Reno area on the Northwest.  For some reason they were apparently migrating in the summer from the Tahoe area toward Idaho.  Not familiar enough with that part of Idaho to give a destination or reason why.  I'm reasonably certain though that they must use the small mountain clusters in Northwest Nevada as stopovers.  When I get a chance I want to get out to them.

Jdl- good accounts from that area. Have you read the two accounts of mother BF with kids up at the spillway at the resivoir next to Georgetown? Your neck of the woods, right? 

Haven't read them yet.  Where can I find them?

I had seen that a while back WAG and thought it was interesting. I estimate the leap to be around 18 to 20 feet if the subject was 5 foot tall. If the subject was 7 foot tall I would estimate a 26 to 28 foot leap. It is difficult to estimate the arc of the jump, which would add distance to the jump estimate..but you can see the shadow showing there is some very significant height achieved here,

A pretty agile individual no matter.

leaper_zps9afb5bc6.gif

As for my pic I... I find the Eastern Minnesota BF vid to be compelling. All I could find were the FB/FB analysis vid on it.

Edited by ThePhaige

I think it's pretty clear from the gif that he's jumping down an incline. You can also see he's jumping onto an area where the sand is loose and flows down the hillside. It's like jumping down a sand dune.

Yes it is very clear that is what is happening. You can see the figure sliding after the landing. I would say it is exactly like jumping down a sand dune.

The give-away is that the camera man knew exactly when and where the bigfoot was to appear and started the camera before and watched the spot until the 'bigfoot' showed up.  Obvious fraud.

17x7