Weird Stuff / Encounter My Family Had Camping In Northern Iowa

For the most part I have been a lurker on this site mainly because I have never had an encounter with Bigfoot.  I have read books on Bigfoot since I was a kid though and have always been fascinated by reading about others encounters.  I still have nothing myself for an encounter, but I have family that went camping in northern Iowa two weekends ago and told me about some cool stuff they encountered.

The sister in law and quite a few of her family all went.  The campground they went to has quite a bit of timber around it and  plenty of grass areas where they were playing badminton and horsing around quite a bit.  They had quite a few kids under the age of 5 that were there and the walked quite a few trails in the area.  During the day the spent time on the trails  and nothing looked too much out of the ordinary until they came up on a hut type structure that was camoflouged pretty well.  Once they found one, they started to notice quite a few more made of stick type structures, covered in grass and had pine needles for bedding inside them.  Then her 3 and 4 year old grandsons starting talking about the big hairy guys in the trees and at one point said if you want to see them, just bang sticks together.  Before that, they figured these were made by homeless people but found no trash or places near that looked like fires were used.  Anyway, you can see in the pictures what they came upon to see what you all think.

The kids went into a couple of the huts and found what looked like pillows made of leaves and pine needles.  She said the messed them up and came back the next day and another one was made, but on the opposite side of the hut.  They messed that one up and came back 3 hours later and it was made back up again. 

All the stick structures were snapped or twisted off.  Not one of them appeared to be cut. 

She has a soon to be 14 year old daughter that took the kids out on a walk to play and was checking one of the huts that was pretty close to the grass field everyone was hanging out at.  My sister in law said she seen her daughter walking out of the treeline with a strange look on her face and her eyes the size of golf balls.  She was just going to ask what was wrong when she seen a very tall bigfoot walking through the trees.  Now they finally saw what the smaller kids were seeing and by the end of the weekend 3 of the adults know beyond a doubt that they seen bigfoot.

She told me about a picture she had where you could see a bigfoot watching the kids play badminton.  She showed me the picture and told me to zoom in and you can almost make out 3 faces where faces with pretty symmetrical eye sockets can be seen.  So in the one picture you see the boys playing and a white box that shows the where the zoomed photograph is that I zoomed in to show the 3 possible faces.  I know they are blobsquatches at best, but she swears they weren't there later.  I guess I don't know for sure but she is convinced of what she says is there. 

They also found footprints, but took no photos.  Apparently they were huge.  She also said that when they were walking through the trees, at one point she felt very strange and an urge to get her and everyone else the heck out of there.  Said she had never really felt that way, but once they were out of that area, the feeling subsided.  She also said at one point she might have heard them chattering to each other.  She said the chatter was a mix between an ape and the call of certain birds but it was hard to imitate.  She also mentioned hearing growling when it was near them, but they never seen it at those times.

They are going out again in the next couple weekends and doing more searching and get more photos and hopefully can film one.  She said these were pretty active during the daytime.  I told her to get pictures of the footprints.

Pictures aren't really that clear so not sure if they are bigfoot, but what do you guys think of the structures?

post-18117-0-65236100-1377629226_thumb.j

post-18117-0-63525600-1377629236_thumb.j

post-18117-0-53392000-1377629253_thumb.j

post-18117-0-13694100-1377629264_thumb.j

post-18117-0-60438200-1377629273_thumb.j

Flatlander

That stick hut is very elaborate. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this attributed to bigfoot?

What are we looking at in the first two photos?

Thanks for sharing. Hope the family can come back with even more evidence. Very cool.

First two pictures are of the huts from the side assuming the entrance is the front.  She told me that you don't get too far away from the treeline and you don't even notice them.  I have never seen anything like them either.

Skookum Chuck

Those structures look very much like the emergency Lean-to shelters we were taught to build in Boy Scouts. Find the downed larger tree, then gather smaller limbs to cover the top and sides.  Last, make a bed inside from pine duff and leaves.  We had to construct our own shelter and spend the night in it to get the merit badge.  Scouts would not leave litter and would probably leave no trace, perhaps even no fire.  Might want to check with any nearby Scout troops to see if they've done any campouts in that area.

salubrious

Where is this in northern Iowa??

Where is this in northern Iowa??

At the Shell Rock River Reserve between Rock Falls and Nora Springs.

Those structures look very much like the emergency Lean-to shelters we were taught to build in Boy Scouts. Find the downed larger tree, then gather smaller limbs to cover the top and sides.  Last, make a bed inside from pine duff and leaves.  We had to construct our own shelter and spend the night in it to get the merit badge.  Scouts would not leave litter and would probably leave no trace, perhaps even no fire.  Might want to check with any nearby Scout troops to see if they've done any campouts in that area.

Never thought of that but that very well could be a logical explanation. 

Sunflower

I doubt seriously if a boyscout was watching so that he could go back and redo the bed after the kids messed them up.  Really???  None of the limbs were cut, they were broken/snapped?  Don't boyscouts cut the limbs to make a shelter???

The 14 y o girl saw one and you guys would still think that boyscouts were responsible for making the shelters???  Growling, chattering, holy crap I thought I had a hard head..... :crazy:

The only thing that really sticks out for me that is confusing about this story is this statement 

"Then her 3 and 4 year old grandsons starting talking about the big hairy guys in the trees and at one point said if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

I find it hard to  believe, 3 and 4 year olds  pick up on a bigfoot behavior, and had the presence of mind at their young age to connect the two dots.  Just sayin.

"if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

Squatchologist

can anybody do some work to those 2 photos? (one of kids playing badminton and one of the 3 figures) Clear it up maybe zoom in?

OntarioSquatch

The last two pictures are probably the biggest red flags for me, but there's also growing evidence that Bigfoot doesn't really make structures. One that's developed to such an extent is pretty suspicious. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Shelly

The structures look like typical man made survival or scout type things you would see on Survivorman or Bear Gryll's show, etc.  As for the photos with circled areas... there is zero indication that they are anything other than stumps or shadows. This seems to be a well used area since it has trails, wooden structures or whatever..  I doubt that you would have at least 3 bigfoot just standing there in the middle of the day.  Not sure I buy the story from the very little kids either.  But, that is JMHO. 

Rockape

The only thing that really sticks out for me that is confusing about this story is this statement 

"Then her 3 and 4 year old grandsons starting talking about the big hairy guys in the trees and at one point said if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

I find it hard to  believe, 3 and 4 year olds  pick up on a bigfoot behavior, and had the presence of mind at their young age to connect the two dots.  Just sayin.

"if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

I'm guessing they have been watching Finding Bigfoot.

The tent structures look man made.

The photo with the kids playing is paredolia.

Airdale

Even if they were bf in the outlined area, they are either unusually short or sitting, kneeling or lying prone as the area appears to be no more than maybe 5 feet high at the top. Concur on structures being man-made survival huts. From some of the shelters attributed to bf, they appear more designed as concealment rather than protection from the elements, IMO.