Weird Stuff / Encounter My Family Had Camping In Northern Iowa

JiggyPotamus

If someone had presented these structures alone, I would not have attributed them to sasquatch. But this case is unique in that there were multiple sightings in the same area. When one sights a sasquatch near strange structures, the likelihood of these structures having been made by sasquatch increases. And coupled with the strange experience of the rebuilding of the pillows, I think the idea that sasquatch were using these is spot on. Had there not been visual encounters, I would have thought that since the structures were so close to human campgrounds and trails that they must be manmade. And maybe they are manmade, but I believe the remaking of the pillows, coupled with the sightings, tells us that sasquatch were probably using them.

In fact, I would bet that the entire time the witnesses were near the structures, when they messed up the leaf pillows, they were being watched. And likely after they left, the sasquatch approached to see what they had done. This may be when it remade the leaf pillows. I do find it strange that sasquatch would live so close to people like this, but people are not always there, first of all, and second of all, I would bet that it has something to do with food. People leaving food, or just having food that the animals wish to take if given the opportunity.

I know when I go camping I leave the campsite all the time, leaving food behind. Most people probably do this as well, leaving to go hiking, swimming, fishing, etc., and thus the sasquatch will come in and snoop around, looking for something to eat. This would be the best reason for them to live in structures this close to people. But then again, maybe they weren't that close to the campsite itself. I am assuming that this is a structured campground, instead of just an area that was picked to camp for just this trip. I am assuming other people stay there throughout the year. 

If sasquatch were simply utilizing the structures, and did not make them, it would make even more sense to me. I say this because they may not be likely to build so close to where there are people, but simply using the structure takes little effort...The building is what takes the effort. The more I think about it, sasquatch probably only use these structures when they are going to sleep. And although they are probably nocturnal, I would bet they do the bulk of their sleeping while it is still dark. Maybe they sleep from dusk until the early morning hours or so. So really what harm is done if their houses are discovered? They are not likely to be in them during the daylight hours anyway...

So to sum it up, obviously there were sasquatch present from what you describe. Seeing them proves this point. That makes it much easier, since we don't have to speculate as much. Had there not been any sightings, I honestly probably would have said that the possibility of sasquatch was there, but there wouldn't have been any proof. And seeing is proof, as long as the sighting is clear and unobstructed. 

That is really neat.  More time should be spent there

They are leaving tomorrow afternoon to go back camping there for 3 days.  They are going to be checking them out some more and hopefully get some better photographs.  And yes, hopefully a lot less blurry.

The only thing that really sticks out for me that is confusing about this story is this statement 

"Then her 3 and 4 year old grandsons starting talking about the big hairy guys in the trees and at one point said if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

I find it hard to  believe, 3 and 4 year olds  pick up on a bigfoot behavior, and had the presence of mind at their young age to connect the two dots.  Just sayin.

"if you want to see them, just bang sticks together."

I can see your point here.  The only explanation I have is if I remember correctly, they were out there for 3 days last time and the boys said that on the last day and they were spending quite a bit of time playing in the trees the whole time out there......with proper supervision of course.  The boys were making comments about 'The Big Hairy Guy' the day prior but noone knew what they were talking about until the third day when they were seen by the 14 yr old and two other adults.  Hopefully they will see more this weekend.

Please go back and take less blurry pictures.

That and I told them to take pictures of the footprints if they find more. 

If someone had presented these structures alone, I would not have attributed them to sasquatch. But this case is unique in that there were multiple sightings in the same area. When one sights a sasquatch near strange structures, the likelihood of these structures having been made by sasquatch increases. And coupled with the strange experience of the rebuilding of the pillows, I think the idea that sasquatch were using these is spot on. Had there not been visual encounters, I would have thought that since the structures were so close to human campgrounds and trails that they must be manmade. And maybe they are manmade, but I believe the remaking of the pillows, coupled with the sightings, tells us that sasquatch were probably using them.

In fact, I would bet that the entire time the witnesses were near the structures, when they messed up the leaf pillows, they were being watched. And likely after they left, the sasquatch approached to see what they had done. This may be when it remade the leaf pillows. I do find it strange that sasquatch would live so close to people like this, but people are not always there, first of all, and second of all, I would bet that it has something to do with food. People leaving food, or just having food that the animals wish to take if given the opportunity.

I know when I go camping I leave the campsite all the time, leaving food behind. Most people probably do this as well, leaving to go hiking, swimming, fishing, etc., and thus the sasquatch will come in and snoop around, looking for something to eat. This would be the best reason for them to live in structures this close to people. But then again, maybe they weren't that close to the campsite itself. I am assuming that this is a structured campground, instead of just an area that was picked to camp for just this trip. I am assuming other people stay there throughout the year. 

If sasquatch were simply utilizing the structures, and did not make them, it would make even more sense to me. I say this because they may not be likely to build so close to where there are people, but simply using the structure takes little effort...The building is what takes the effort. The more I think about it, sasquatch probably only use these structures when they are going to sleep. And although they are probably nocturnal, I would bet they do the bulk of their sleeping while it is still dark. Maybe they sleep from dusk until the early morning hours or so. So really what harm is done if their houses are discovered? They are not likely to be in them during the daylight hours anyway...

So to sum it up, obviously there were sasquatch present from what you describe. Seeing them proves this point. That makes it much easier, since we don't have to speculate as much. Had there not been any sightings, I honestly probably would have said that the possibility of sasquatch was there, but there wouldn't have been any proof. And seeing is proof, as long as the sighting is clear and unobstructed. 

All I know is she is convinced beyond a doubt what she saw.  Interesting thing about your second to last paragraph was that she said they seemed to be more active during the day when they seen them.  Only the one time during the day when she must have gotten too close to something did she get that rush of fear that swept over her until they turned around and left.  She said she wanted nothing to do with going in the trees at night because that fear was there all the time of going into the timber.  Wish I was there to witness it first hand........well, other than the bigtime fear they felt....and then I could say more.

The pillow part was pretty interesting to me as well.  She said they seen quite a few footprints but never took pictures.  Hopefully she comes back with some Monday.

I don't have any issues at all when someone claims to see a bigfoot in a well travelled human area, or close to a campground. My sighting was about 100 yards from an old folks home with a parking lot. Just south of town alongside a creek with campgrounds. I actually hate it when people theorize they  will not show up that close to people, or society.

I just have problems with the part of the story involving the little boys. As a father and a retired friefighter, It does not make any kind of logical sense. If on the first or second day of camping a 3 year old said they saw a big hairy guy in the woods, Any parent or grown up would immediately try to get to the bottom of it. For the safety of the children, Not allow them free run for the next couple of days in the same woods they claim to see the hairy guy. From a safety point of view, in all probability you could not believe it was anything but a person who might pose a danger to the young boys. ( kidnapper, sexual predator etc.) It could also be an animal predator they just think is a hairy guy ( bear, wolf, coyote etc.)  To not sit the boys down and talk to them about what they saw, and go to the location of what they saw  makes no sense at all. To get to the bottom of it first and foremost.  Then on thelast day, the boys already have it figured out that you can wack sticks together to see them. No 3 or 4 year old I know who just learned  something they had never done before...would not be sharing that with everybody back at camp and insisting that they come see the hairy man they can get to appear when wacking sticks together.... instead of mentioning it on the last day as an after thought.

Edited by driveroperator

roguefooter

The 14 y o girl saw one and you guys would still think that boyscouts were responsible for making the shelters???  Growling, chattering, holy crap I thought I had a hard head..... :crazy:

Have you looked at the area on Google maps? It's all farmland with a few scattered spots of trees.

This is the spot he's talking about, the darker strip in the center are trees:

14988p5.jpg

The rest of the surrounding area is developed farmland, and I don't think you'll find many Squatches hiding in the cornfields.

I think this is a case of kids watching Finding Bigfoot and thinking Sasquatch lives in every spot of trees.

Edited by roguefooter

Sunflower

RF,

You have no idea......you don't have a clue as to where they go and what they do.  Hint:  wherever you are, they aren't.  It doesn't matter where in this country as long as they have water, cover and small critters, they could pass through, maybe not stay long but they have been seen near populated areas.

Check the reports.

bipedalist

The last two pictures are probably the biggest red flags for me, but there's also growing evidence that Bigfoot doesn't really make structures. One that's developed to such an extent is pretty suspicious. 

I'd like to see your complete citation history that there is growing evidence that Bigfoot does not make stick structures because I can assure you the producers of that evidence are hoaxers and worse yet, obfuscators with no significant skill at field observation and followup. 

There is some stuff that makes sense with this sighting report and some that does not.   The blobsquatches are just that as numbered (pareidolia).  JMHO

Edited by bipedalist

roguefooter

RF,

You have no idea......you don't have a clue as to where they go and what they do.  Hint:  wherever you are, they aren't.  It doesn't matter where in this country as long as they have water, cover and small critters, they could pass through, maybe not stay long but they have been seen near populated areas.

Check the reports.

The reports = anyone who feels like filing one.

I could file a report that they're living on top of buildings and it'll become part of the "reports". Will people use it to back up their claims of Bigfoot in the hood? Probably. 

Hint:  wherever you are, they aren't.

Well that's pretty convenient. Being everywhere, yet nowhere.

Now I'm nervous to go into my closet because Bigfoot is in there. But if I go into my closet then he'll be gone because I'm there! Whew.

But what happens when I leave my closet?

I could file a report that they're living on top of buildings and it'll become part of the "reports". Will people use it to back up their claims of Bigfoot in the hood? Probably. 

Now I'm nervous to go into my closet because Bigfoot is in there. But if I go into my closet then he'll be gone because I'm there! Whew.

Schrodingers Sasquatch.  Gave me a chuckle!

Gotta Know

That's an entirely different kind of chat forum I believe (smiley emoticon goes here).

• Upvote 1

Are you saying you are “coming out of the closetâ€...?

;~)°

Edited by Kite-Squatch

roguefooter

^Okay guys, no need to get your hopes up.

:maninlove:

Sunflower

Here we go again.....one page of semi intelligent banter and then another of page of ????????????  holy crap and with video? 

Redbone

I don't know how this thread escaped my attention.  This is my stomping grounds.  

When better weather arrives I will go and check out this area.

Also...My son is a boy scout. That is exactly the kind of shelter they would make, except our scouts always hold things together with twine.

Edited by Redbone