Weird Stuff / Encounter My Family Had Camping In Northern Iowa

Cotter

Just a thought.  I wonder if someone that takes wildlife photography built them for cover.

He/she may have broken the branches so as not to get into trouble for cutting them (hey, they were already broken, I just gathered em)....

Just spit balling here.

Redbone
BFF Donor

I still cling to the belief that a Boy Scout troop (but not my son's troop) built these structures for a Wilderness Survival merit badge.

However...

This thread was started not only because of the structures, but because people reported seeing bigfoot while they were in this little park.

I find the idea that Bigfoot could be here very interesting.

I plan to go back and check it out often just because I can. It's so close and I go by here a few times per month.

The two main gates (North and South) are still closed. I need some more snow to melt.

Good observations Redbone and those structures could very well be built by boy scouts.   Seen it menitioned a time or two that the structures are one thing, but the experiences they had were another...    THis much I will say, I have been reading and watching about anything to do with Bigfoot/Sasquatch ever since I was a 10 yr old kid.  She and some other of my wife's family have given be crap about it for years.  When we were up there for Christmas the young boys were still talking about the big hairy guys.  I am pretty amazed to be honest.  Now the sister in law is reading all she can and can't get enough about bigfoot.  Things happened that you wouldn't know unless you have read quite a bit about them, the feeling of fear when you get near one that doesn't want you around is one example.  Maybe they were making their way through heading somewhere else I don't know.   

What I do know, is whatever happened out there that weekend they were camping has changed them abruptly.  That proves it to me as much as anything.  Hoping I can camp up there next summer and see what they have seen.

I saw there was 4 sightings in Iowa listed on the BFRO.NET site in the 2012/2013 time period. One was Dickinson county and the other 3 where Boone county. Not sure how far away these are from the Shell Rock River Reserve area.

Dickinson county is about 2-2 1/2 hours west of the area and Boone county is about an hour and a half south. 

ThePhaige

Thanks for including the story CB. I find the eyewitness testimony interesting. Certainly the structures are as well, but unless it was observed that a SSq built one its always difficult. Being an observer who doesn't see the SSq and their proximity to populated areas as any hurdle, there is nothing about the visual confirmation that says to me that it didn't happen. I know they frequent the ground, as well as up in trees. As for the other images, I still cant get my mind around all the vast weirdness they can present, and believe me I have been as close to it and as enmeshed in it with them as anyone has IMO. At least that I know of. I appreciate your participation here.

lightheart

Hey  Redbone

Good job getting out there for some investigation. This is an interesting scenario.

OK, I talked to my sister in law today.  She and some of the family went out hiking yesterday and came across some interesting stuff and according to her, they are back in the area.

She said at one point it felt as if there were at least 2 trailing them and she noticed a bunch of stick structures that she had not seen any other time she was out there.  Not sure if they are new since last summer but she seen them and was very certain they could not happen naturally.  At one point they were getting in an area where all of them felt very uncomfortable and uneasy.  About this time they said a big rock went flying over their heads and crashed into the river.  She says they were the only people out there.

She said they also heard the sounds of kids yelling and laughing on the trails but never ran into another person out there which really freaked them out.  Another area they were walking in all of the sudden they heard a huge snap like a big branch being snapped in half and two of them just froze in fear.  On the other side of the trail they could hear what sounded like trees/bushes being shook although they could not see anything.  They were near a marsh and my sister in law thought at one point she saw something out in there but was not sure.  I asked if they took any pictures and she said by the time a lot of this stuff started to happen, it was getting dark and all they had were their cell phones.  They plan on going back out there around 2 today and seeing if they can find any footprints and take pictures of them if found and also the strange stick structures.  When she sends to me I will upload to this thread so you guys can check this out.  It sounds like they had quite the experience out there.

The thing that really has me scratching my head in all this, and I have mentioned it earlier in this thread, is that prior to what they initially experienced last summer, she has never really had any interest in BF or read much on it at all.  Even now she has not read a whole lot on others experiences with BF sitings.  She has joined some FB sites of which one is "Bigfoot believers" where she posted some pictures and was sent a PM by Scott (not sure if I should use his last name) who was/is with BFRO who has a lot of interest in the pictures and he has been giving her suggestions on what to look for.  Point I'm making is she knew nothing prior to having these experiences about the infrasound causing very uncomfortable feelings, Mimicking(sp) voices/animals, rock throwing as intimidation and some of the other things she's experienced that I have read about in numerous books going over sitings or habituations the past few years and on this site.  I also don't know when she started communicating with this Scott guy so maybe some of what they have shared via PM on FB made her more alert as to what to look for but needless to say I am somewhat blown away but what I have read and what she is experiencing out there.  Not sure if this Scott is a member of this site or if he has anything to add but might be the case.

Just thougth I would share some of the conversation I had this morning.  Anxiously awaiting pictures and going out there myself with them at some point to see if I can witness any of this.

Edited by CycloneBrian

Gotta Know

^ Good stuff. Thanks for sharing, Brian.

Migrantworkers

Dickinson county is about 2-2 1/2 hours west of the area and Boone county is about an hour and a half south.

Are they connected by a river?

Redbone
BFF Donor

This area is in no way connected to Boone County.

My son and I went through there a few weeks ago and saw nothing.

We may need to make another visit.

I met Scott just last week... I will let him know that this area is close to me and that I've been through there.

Edited by Redbone

Redbone
BFF Donor

Note the twine and close proximity to horse posts (human camp spot) on the bigger stick structure. These pictures were taken April 19th. We found a rotted x-mas tree skirt, a cat skull, and an empty Pringles can in one of the structures. We left the skull and disposed of the garbage,

post-21915-0-37937100-1399608186_thumb.j

post-21915-0-14292900-1399608211_thumb.j

post-21915-0-94057800-1399608234_thumb.j

post-21915-0-14083200-1399608278_thumb.j

post-21915-0-88862200-1399608289_thumb.j

post-21915-0-09683400-1399608310_thumb.j

post-21915-0-04969100-1399608332_thumb.j

post-21915-0-50611200-1399608343_thumb.j

post-21915-0-94507800-1399608364_thumb.j

post-21915-0-39085000-1399608397_thumb.j

Are you saying Bigfoot can't tie knots??????  haha  jk

I really don't know what to make of it but I'd love to go out with them when they go camping this weekend, but I live in Central Iowa and we lost my Mother in law to cancer last October so I'm planning on doing whatever the wife wants to do as this weekend will be a tough one.  Hopefully this summer sometime though.  She claims to have gotten some footprint pictures and is sending to me in the next day or to and I will post when I get them.

Well I haven't posted in this topic for quite a while, but it hasn't been because of lack of activity reports on the Sis in Law's behalf.  She has been camping out there quite a bit and always has some sort of activity going on she attributes to BF.  She has found numberous footprints and has a cast of one that I am uploading.  They have heard growls and apparently seen them working on huts that pop up around the trees.  She says I need to come up and go camping and she will show them to me and I might have to take her up on it.

But, the reason why I am posting now is because apparently through the BF believers only FB page she has been getting quite a bit of help and somehow landed an interview tonight at 8pm through www.blogtalkradio.com on their MN.B.R.T. Radio show where she is going to share her experiences after spending quite a bit of phone time with the host and other researchers.  Still not sure what exactly to make on this but she apparently is building a pretty good stockpile of evidence.  Listen in and get updated on her experiences if you want.

Sorry, forgot to attach the photo of the foot print casting.post-18117-0-96346200-1411667592_thumb.j