Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

It's interesting, there are BF type creature sightings up and down the eastern part of WI, going South into IL.

One of my pal's dad had a 50 foot daylight sighting right on the border when he was 15.

My GF's parents had some BF 'hunters' following up on multiple sightings on their property (and adjacent).

For some reason, that region is a hotspot.

I am glad that I have found some supporters, given the initial reaction by some, who I do not doubt are grappling with the "how" of the situation just as I have.  If you really want to make this discovery you can simple google earth the sighting in and around Chicago or any other area, and zoom and pan a little and you find that there are definite pathways that correlate sightings.  You have to couple this with the knowledge that these are probably the stealthiest variety of the creature, only operating in the 11am-4am time frame, unless something forces them out in the daylight.  I think there are only small numbers that travel the area from area to area leaving little trace, and make all attempts to not be seen or heard.  I have been working on possible habituation, but I truly have doubts as to whether they stay for any period of time, though I first heard them on the fourth, and then also on the 12th of July.  Something I also failed to mention, is the marsh that borders my yard is home to a heron rookery, also a rare situation, and puts off a buzz of heron sounds, none of which could ever be remotely confused with what I heard.

I am skeptical by nature, but I have no other explanation for what I heard, and I would like one if you can convince me another animal can match the whoops heard on Stan Courtney's bigfoot sounds (Whoop #1 and #3)  My wife and I have been birders for quite a while, so I have a pretty solid ear to identify almost all the bird, migrating, or staying.  I have spent weeks at a time camping in remote areas bordering Canada and Minnesota, and was born in Northern Wisconsin, yes a cheesehead, and I have seen other rare animals during those experiences, but nothing has come close the experience of hearing those sounds just outside my window, but mind you, they were coming from ground level, and moving away from the road and into the marsh, my senses were very alert when the first Whooeeep Whoooeep occurred, and it sounded like a youngster asking the parent a question, like "What should I do", and the adult sounded like, "Go,  Go" .  The thing really made sense when I saw the cop shining his light, I knew that was the trigger, and I am thankful for it.  Sometimes you just know beyond a doubt, and that was the case, I knew that could only be super human or primate.  My wife was a volunteer for several years at the Brookfield Zoo, working close to the apes and monkey exhibits, and she can name every primate that walks the earth, and she know the whoop we heard together on the fourth of July was from a primate, either Human or Ape, and I said at the time if I heard them at Four in the morning I might think they were not human, forward 12 days to 3:50 am and imagine my feeling hearing those sounds so loud and clear, and knowing that just outside my window, though hidden by a garage, stood the earths most interesting creature....

• Upvote 1

I saw Bigfoot drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's. And his hair was perfect.

I totally believed you until reading the part about his hair.  Nice try.....

Generally they seem to use the brush, pardon the pun, please forgive my late night typo's, I will try to edit myself a bit more.

The reason that we know animals go into urban areas is because they are highly visible and reported.

Sure they would have the same capability to venture into urban areas, but they would also be just as highly visible. Unless of course they have a light-bending cloaking device like a Predator.

How about a trophy caliber whitetail buck. He can easily live in an urban environment and never be seen.

Mod Statement:

Please refrain from getting personal with the members within this topic. While it's fine to discuss and debate, negative statements directed at members on either side of the debate are not allowed.

The staff will be alert to this type of behavior. Follow the rules to ensure that the topic remains open and enjoyable for all.

See

How about a trophy caliber whitetail buck. He can easily live in an urban environment and never be seen.

You say this according to what?

To describe it means it would have to have been seen.

Edited by roguefooter

I think that 'living' and 'visiting' urban areas are 2 very different things.  A creature like this could cover 5-10 miles in short order.  So I would think that looking outside of the urban centers for desirable habitat would be prudent when attempting to determine the likelihood of an event like this.

Additionally, this is just me speculatin'...but I would guess that these types of creatures visiting the urban areas are not permanent residents of the area.

Let me just clarify a bit, I do not think these guys are walking down Lake Shore Drive, or even hanging around in the near suburbs, but just beyond the sprawl nature begins to take hold, and certain fingers of that extend into those suburban corridors. Many sightings are occurring in these areas, and yes they offer less habitat, and generally we will have more sightings per habitable acre, which definitely seems to be the case. So far all the sightings have occurred in places that could hide and sustain them, no where really "urban", so my hypothesis is that they live in the areas that can support them, and will come very close to urban areas in doing so. That being said, I would look at Google Earth to see what areas they seem to be using. I am amazed how the sightings in my area can all be connected by the greenways. Railroad tracks are another way for them to travel, and most are fairly secluded and tree lined, and because sunlight reaches the forest floor, are very fertile. Use your imagination a little, it is probably the most intriguing thing about them, how they can survive in proximity to us, remaining "almost" unseen, and I do say "almost".

^That's what makes the BF phenom as a real creature very hard to swallow, even for proponents.  A huge 'why' and 'how' always comes into play.

And then there's Larry and Darrell and Darell... Sorry Larry, it's not you!  Anyways, why does eveyone give bigfoot the title of being so smart? Maybe bigfoot doesn;t know he's "so smart". Heck, if he was so smart he wouldn't venture into towns, right? We just have been stupid, that's all. I have a perfect opportunity to go check one of these things out, just less than ten miles from my house. I haven't been there since May, why not? It's stupid on my part to not!

They are smart.  Talk to anyone who hasn't simply had a sighting, but has actually interacted with one, and the majority will agree.  A bigfoot hanging out in any populated area likely knows the terrain outside every fence line better than any human in the area and knows the concealed corridors.  And it's not that we're dumb, we're just oblivious.

Deer are undeniably dumb, and we see deer in urban areas all the time, but there are times we don't see any and we wonder where the heck they all go when we're not seeing them.  Cougars are smarter.  In urban areas where we find cougars, often the cougar has been around for a while, and very few people have a clue.  It isn't until one is found that people start musing about whether or not there's a connection to all the recent pet disappearances.  There's a community in Cincinnati right now where they're finding cougar tracks on a regular basis, but nobody's actually seen the cougar yet.

Bigfoot have an even greater advantage.  Their intelligence range overlaps our own and they are vigilant compared to our keep your head down and get to work culture.  Most people see a humanoid silhouette in the shadows and avoid it, because they assume its either a panhandler or trouble.  If someone does get a clear view of one at a distance, they simply assume that it is a man viewed disproportionately or wearing bulky clothes (like some homeless people).  If they get a clear view of one at close range and talk about it, they're derided and laughed at.

Derision perpetuates ignorance.

• Upvote 1

^^^Plussed.

One of the "skeptical" lines I never get over is how we would have scientific confirmation by now of an animal that if you saw one, well, you didn't.  If you found evidence of one, um, no, you didn't.

You just gave good reasons why.  It wouldn't surprise me too much if hundreds of people see sasquatch in a given year and never know they did, including not only those who presumed "human" because of distance or bad lighting or shadows or whatever, but those who saw only a hairy piece through dense brush, a huge crashing, and presumed "bear."

Edited by DWA

Guest Darrell

But we are talking about bigfoot right? Not a deer, not a coyote, a skunk, or a porky. We are talking a 7-10 foot tall creature that weights in excess of 500-1000 lbs. Something bigger than most cars.

yep.

That when you see one, no you didn't.

It does seem hard for folks to grasp, but when I see the reaction to the topic, my faith is renewed in our species' ability to block out anything, and I do mean anything, it doesn't want to see.