Melba Ketchum/ Erickson Project Press Conference

BFF Patron

Observations:  BF on ground seems to be covered by synthetic material not hair.

Gait of BF strolling appears extremely upright, no hint of the hunched over posture.  Seems that the gait is very normal sized stride from the distance.......

Head seems extremely oversized as if a huge costume head is present.  

I'm sure I could make other observations such as the blood on the plate looks more like raspberry spread or jelly than blood but hey......   they got the dna from that I suppose.  

Edited by bipedalist

Sadly looks fake.  None of it looked real.  Some of the nightvision clips could have been anything - like a dude with a backpack on in one of them.  The sleeping one on the ground and short clip of the face of the other looked well timed for a halloween hoax.

SSR Team

Oh, of course. Because plenty of other scientific pursuits go on tv and hail grainy footage of people in cheap costumes as evidence of a new species of human-hybrid.   

Sorry, but this "field" is a circus.

It still says more about humans than it does Sasquatch.

And don't apologies, I agree with you as would anyone with half a brain.

I swear these people get paid to throw spanners into the works of this subject, i'm convinced of it.

That's a very interesting thought.

Disappointing I agree, but void of any analysis or HD video to inspect ourselves, apparently for the documentary.

Why now?  Almost ten months after the paper release?  I assume this represents the legal compromise EP and Ketchum have reached.  

If I recall correctly, EP and Ketchum may have contracted rather tightly pre 'Smeja and Wally.  ' EP's samples were in to her pre Spring 2010, (rumored cost to EP of about $75K total..and all his samples went to her...he hadn't more at that time). and pre Justin

It seemed they tied their fortunes together...the "study" to support the documentary and his footage to accompany the sample...but what happened?  

The Sierra Kills...and well... Bigfootery (greed?) happened.  .among all the Big names in BFing it seemed...it was quite a summer...and I can't recall the name of that original thread..   Erickson Study..or such...now called the Ketchum Report..  a lot played out there...

Sometime in 2011 the online war btw EP and Ketchum and many erupted ...and what came out of that seemed to reveal a complete break down of whatever contract they had.  The stop and start of the website seemed to be part of strategic moves btw the parties, as did many of Ketchum's FB posts at that time...maybe it all seemed bizarre b/c we weren't in on the details of the argument?  

When the paper came out all she had was the "rug" and wookie" shots.... which were not sufficient,.in fact wasn't one of the peer review recommendations for more HD footage?  

My guess is EP felt stiffed for the $75K or something and withheld the footage...  maybe he even even tied her to "peer review"...humm, that would explain all the effort with JAMEZ....but now...well maybe contractually she met the goal and he had to cough up something..??

But, the body language on MK at the table was extreme, her legs completely to the side of her chair away from Erickson. today there will be a FB post about what great friends everyone is.... face saving press conference perhaps...

If it is a "Documentary release" press release..it was pathetic..no date for the documentary? Vaporware?  

Too bad b/c the truth is BFs are real. The problem for EP is time now..and maybe why it broke down with Ketchum....and resurrected now....the footage I saw, except for the wookie one, is replicated to some degree by many...compelling, but not definitive...so, it must be the "turns to look" head shot..or in HD that have fueled rumors of great footage?  I suspect time has been the issue for EP and why the break down with MK..it was taking too long..three years too long..and well after his personal financial setbacks

Don't have all the details in memory, but the cached pages are out there..it was a very public feud for a long time...  I do notice the PhD biologist EP paid for this project was not there, nor any analysis of the footage, etc...and again assume that is all for the documentary...if it comes out.

Edited by apehuman

Extremely embarrasing to say the least, those various vid clips look like a person and all I can say is maybe some desperate move to try to get protection before the North American Wookie Assassins Creed gets them first ;)

I think after all the hype and debate over both projects. The only result in the end will be both Erickson and Ketchum being asked on Coast to coast Radio about twice a year and not much else.

Thomas Steenburg

Disappointing.

Thermal and IR blobs, with not even enough straight walking on to make determinations about stride length IM index or anything like that.

Sleeping rugsquatch, and while at a glance the slightly matted look is consistent with the Hovey photo and pictures of other animals whose fur is becoming matted, on fullscreening the HD link above it appears to have a a crinkle in the hair which is highly suggestive of synthetic fiber.

Then, wow, I have defended the "wookie" description against undue derision because you put hair on the face of anything vaguely manlike and it DOES look wookie-ish, but I am afraid that that headshot is just way too identical to a wookie for me. I ran it backwards and forwards multiple times looking for ANYTHING redeeming about it, but nothing to be seen, not a jaw or tongue movement, it doesn't look like the dentition fits together, the teeth seem too white. Also though I don't know how long a BFs canines SHOULD be, they are longer than I would expect. Seems to have doglike teeth vs, primatelike teeth. (Front incisors also appear doglike to me)

edit: further viewing seems to show a pale line showing inside the mouth which would be very condemning if the "actors" own teeth.

Edited by Flashman2.0

thanks for posting..yesterday this link was up, but no video..just the statement it belonged to EP...

it is "better" than most out there, assuming it stands up to scrutiny. And, that IS what is missing in all of this, scrutiny...except perhaps the Munns opinion, which was a no.

Also, still lacking is the narrative/witness/analysis...Personally I do think they had something going at these sites, and look forward when they decide to really share....but, like so many Adrian seems to have tried to grab the whole enchilada..as did Ketchum, and ended up in the red sauce...

I wonder what we as a community could do if we set aside personal gain?  Is it possible?  I don't think so, and in the end..w/o a killer for a body, it will be the "paper" that other scientists cite to in their work....  and Sykes looks like the likely contender to me.

Hmmm, rugsquatch "crinkle" may not be there, it might be a digitisation or compression artifact...

Extreme example..

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/maratr/maratr1112/maratr111200049/11695388-a-cute-adult-orangutan.jpg

I thought I was seeing it on orangs digging through image thumbnails but turned out to be very slight or not there when viewing higher resolution original.

Suggestions of it in this other high res pic but rather subtle...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4kaTceuXTss/Tr6ikoNVQeI/AAAAAAAADAs/VvVNuwZbnp0/s1600/Zoo%2B19.jpg

Edited by Flashman2.0

Simple really. If you feel you hold a good hand of cards, and the O.L. project is going to to validate that opinion, you plant your flag.  This is what this is. We'll see.

Which way round is it though, you think your vids are sketchy so you hope the paper will help hold them up, or you think your paper is sketchy and hope the vids hold it up.

I saw Adrian at a function 2 weeks ago. I never ask him for details, but he is weary of the whole thing and I don't blame him. He is a great guy and I am seriously considering buying one of his fishing trips. He is quite upbeat about his booking business and is definitely comfortable amongst the hunting/fishing community. As am I.