New Pics From The Blaze

Guest JoelS

I've seen several different ghillie suits.  Never seen one that looked like that. Ghillie suits are generally made from the local vegetation so that the wearer can blend in and not be seen. 

Edited by JoelS

Guest crabshack

He should have thrown rocks at em while filming.

Then we would know.

Incorrigible1

Horrors! Those meanies are actually asking him questions Don't they know that will drive away any other poor witness?

I've seen several different ghillie suits.  Never seen one that looked like that. Ghillie suits are generally made from the local vegetation so that the wearer can blend in and not be seen. 

Maybe that is your regional custom for ghillie suits? I have seen plenty that are made by tying on burlap threads onto mesh netting. In fact, I have one half done in my closet. There is no local vegetation, just local colors. I see a similarity in the first pic to this suit. 

ghillie-suit.jpg

Guest UPs

I have seen these many times while scouting near my property and all it is a a root ball from a downed tree. Most likely, the ground is somewhat wet and rocky. The tree roots grow outwards instead of down and a good wind combined with an unhealthy tree will cause this. This is the kind of crap that makes it so hard to be taken seriously and whoever took those pictures had to know just what they were looking at.

Airdale

Red Rock Outdoor Gearâ„¢ 5-Pc. Desert Camo Ghillie Suit 

post-22377-0-65624700-1380777177_thumb.j

This was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the photos. WRT a root ball, the individual that submitted the photos took another from nearly the same spot at a later time and the subjects are not in evidence even though several of the trees from the original photos can be identified.

TD-40

It's always the back side, partially hidden behind a tree.

Terry

I have seen these many times while scouting near my property and all it is a a root ball from a downed tree. Most likely, the ground is somewhat wet and rocky. The tree roots grow outwards instead of down and a good wind combined with an unhealthy tree will cause this. This is the kind of crap that makes it so hard to be taken seriously and whoever took those pictures had to know just what they were looking at.

That's what I thought too Ups.

t.

Can he go back to the same place and do a size comparison?  That would rule out root ball, and give us a better idea of scale.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I haven't read what everyone else thinks, as I don't have much time right now, but here is what first struck me: There looks to be girth in some of the right places, but do you guys see the skinny portions of the legs and arms? THAT is indicative of a person wearing something bulky in my opinion. Sasquatch legs do NOT taper down that much at the calf muscles. 

And look at the size of the wrist compared with the hand. IMO this DEFINITIVELY shows that this is a hoax. Sasquatch simply do not look like that. None of them would look like that. It doesn't even look biological in that there is no natural form. 

I think this could be a ghillie suit, considering that is the easiest way to get a look like this. However, it does not hang at the bottom like a ghillie suit, so the person probably tied that portion up around the ankles or boots or whatever. But clearly this is not a sasquatch. I mean this is just a bad hoax. Whoever did this knows absolutely nothing about sasquatch, or how sasquatch pictures are analyzed by those who know these animals exist, especially those who have seen one.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

Guest Rex

Sasquatch legs do NOT taper down that much at the calf muscles.

I must respectfully disagree with you Jiggy.. one that I saw in PA, that crossed a back country dirt road in front of me at close distance had legs that were VERY skinny from the ankle area up to the calf muscles. It was one of the things that really stuck out and stayed with me.

It was only 6.5 feet tall or so.. but the legs were so odd looking that it really made an impression. The rest of it was not bulky, it was slim and muscular.. i would guess 250 lbs or so.. not a super bulky large creature but the legs were very strange.. the thighs were large and muscular as well.

TD-40

I agree that the dark subjects are probably the root system of an uprooted tree, perfectly positioned behind standing trees to look like a walking 9' creature.

Terry

Sasquatch legs do NOT taper down that much at the calf muscles. 

Sasquatch simply do not look like that. None of them would look like that.  

Boy, you really seem to know what a bf is and isn't.  I didn't think there were any experts but I'm wrong I guess.  That being said, Rex appears to be a better bet to me.

t.

Is it possible that the tapering you are seeing is simply being caused by a fern obscuring part of the leg, giving the impression that it is skinnier than it actually is?