' Mythical Yeti Could Be Descended From Ancient Polar Bear '

In Gen Bank is the genetic code for a fossil bear over 40,000 years old. 

The two "yeti" hairs that Sykes tested matched that bear.  The donor animals

that grew those hairs are identical or nearly identical to the fossil bear. 

They are Bears. 

The hair donors are bears, but are they yeti? 

Are yeti and sasquatch the same kind of animal? 

Sasquatch is not a bear. 

It seems the DNA says there's an ancient bear running around in current times.   

Everything else is supposition.   Connection of the hair to yeti: supposition.   Connection of that bear to yeti: supposition.  Connection of yeti to bigfoot: supposition. 

MIB

• Upvote 1

Guest crabshack

Again Drew, you are correct that naturally a primate cannot breed with bears.

Many here refuse to even begin to fathom these creatures came about from the tampering of dna in a very unnatural way.

But we can't talk about that here.

Edited by crabshack

Sometimes the least likely unfortunately, is the answer.

Yes.  But Occam's Razor says one doesn't pursue that until the evidence makes it a candidate for the explanation.

Edited by DWA

Many here refuse to even begin to fathom these creatures came about from the tampering of dna in a very unnatural way.

The idea of anyone tampering with DNA hundreds of years ago is pretty absurd.

I might suggest you upgrade to PMP. I think you'd like some of the conversations we have there ;)

Wouldn't that depend on Who was Here hundreds of years ago?  ;) 

If a yeti is a primate, it cannot breed with bears.

That is like a cat breeding with a dog.

I asked a question earlier concerning this? Are we aware if it has ALWAYS been this way?

Why is it absurd? I mean what do we know with certainty about what happened hundreds or thousands of years ago? We think we have a good idea but perhaps we don't?

I think it will come to light just how LITTLE we know about what our ancestors were up to.

How old are some varieties of dogs we have domesticated? I mean, did we have the numerous varieties we currently do? If so it appears we've been tinkering with DNA for a while?

The idea is absurd because there is no plausibility behind it. We have a fossil record that goes back billions of years, including fossils of men alongside primitive tools. Where were you planning on inserting this amazing advanced technology?

Just because we don't know everything about our ancestors doesn't mean it's open to wild speculation. Before you speculate about the unknown, you first need to acknowledge the known.

What we do know about our ancestors was left in written records- which the Yeti was described as being a bear. Even the old Tibetan drawings depict a bear-like creature with snout, teeth, and claws.

Wait, why can't we talk about this here?  Do you have any evidence of such tampering?  This is groundbreaking.

Delta Zu, dogs are dogs and can cross breed on their own. People for generations have mixed breeds of dogs to get a type they wanted. Thats not tinkering with dna. 

roguefooter, thanks for that information. I will have to look that up, unless you have a link for that. I never had an interest in the yeti so this is news for me.

Wait, why can't we talk about this here?  Do you have any evidence of such tampering?  This is groundbreaking.

Because this notion has religious connotations, and is why I suggested PMP for any member who wants to delve into the matter.