' Mythical Yeti Could Be Descended From Ancient Polar Bear '

Sheri-

This is an old Tibetan woodblock print that I have of the Yeti that dates back to the 1800's. You can see the shape of the head, the teeth, and the claws on the hands. Little hard to see but it's there:

14l7jmw.jpg

Guest The Hunted

Was an interesting program, disappointing result but that is only from the two hair samples they had. There was a hair sample on one of the finding bigfoot episodes that resulted in it being a cross between chimp and man, never heard more on that, also another episode had a sample of hair I never heard more about.

There was a video on youtube about a man hunted who killed one of these cross breed bears in Canada, and got arrested as it was classed as a grizzly and not a polar.

The snout of a bear possibly, but the rest of the body is contorted much like a human. Perhaps they just drew the picture as a caricature? Thinking what humans a thousand from now will think if they were to dig up a picture of some of our famous super heros like the Hulk, Swamp Thing, etc...they might think these things really existed in our time LOL Or perhaps the evolutionists of that era might have some elaborate theory based on how it fit into our "development" Could be interesting...

LOL, Aaron. I can just imagine. I have to find time to study the yeti and the people of the Himalayas. This is something I have never looked into.

^^^^^

What about when they dig up pictures of Miley Cyrus twerking?  

Probably feature it in some college level psych class, depicting behaviors of ancient disorders.....just guessing.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/10/131021-yeti-abominable-snowman-bigfoot-polar-bear-cryptozoology/

Even more intriguing than the article, is one of the comments made underneath it. A person from India describing stories told in his community of giant hairy beasts capturing women and taking them back into the mountains AND licking the soles of their feet until they were raw so they couldn't escape - I'm sure most of you have heard of that before.

Sure its hearsay but still compelling...

Also of interest, Sir David Attenborough talking about his (positive) views on the existence of the Yeti: 

If you dont know who he is check his filmography:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Attenborough_filmography  he has made more nature docs than any other Brit. 

Also on the TV this week (Was it Something I Said? Channel 4, Friday 01/11/13) respected British actor Brian Blessed (he scaled Everest up to 28,000 ft almost to the top!) talked about different 'types' of yeti he had heard about when with the Sherpa's and other native peoples of the area. He also spoke of yeti migration habits across Mongolia and Russia in the summer and autumn.