" All Human Ancestors Belonged To The Same Species But Just Looked Different "

I agree that DNA is required, without it it is all speculative. I believe until they had the DNA for the Bili ape scientist were theorizing that they were a possible missing evolutionary link connecting chimps to humans. As you pointed out the DNA added facts where there was previously a placement based on theory.

It is interesting some of the parallels and contrasts there are in stories involving the search for Bili and SSq as well as the DNA gathering and studies.

This finding does not rewrite history. What it implies is that the first Homo to range outside of Africa was Homo Habilis rather than Homo Erectus. This is not an earth-shaking notion. Secondly, I have no idea what this could possibily have to do with bigfoot, which, while it could be a primate would not be in the Homo family.

scientia , you wrote above ,, while it could be a primate would not be in the Homo family. ,, .     How exactly do you know that Sasquatch WOULD NOT be in the Homo family ? 

My reference to do with bigfoot was that if a single species can be so variant { as I understood was a possibility with the above articles info } that sasquatch could be a variant of some human species { or similar species } that has adopted a different way of life there fore adapted to best suite this niche.

• 3 weeks later...

i hope we can revive this thread as the Dmanisi findings are creating a paradigm shift in paleoanthroplogy which i feel is going to come to link with the Sykes journal publication.

Re some of the above comments:

- it is not currently possible to extract dna from bone this.ancient

- the Neanderthal genome was mapped.in 2010

The remains found at Dmanisi are 1.8million years old. A jaw from the site shows that the hominid it belonged to survived for years without teeth. this opens up all sorts of questions around the nature of hominids 1.8milion years ago.Caring for their elderly? Cooking and preparing foods suitable.to eat without teeth? Language and communication? Wearing clothes? Many of these were assumed to be traits of homo sapien sapien only.

kezra this just came out,  I just read the article and not the free PDF, but will eventually (a little backed up on these, tough reading!) anyway.. ...and taken along with the louse studies...the picture is being filled in...thru our parasites..  

http://www.news.wisc.edu/22232

Edited by apehuman

i hope we can revive this thread as the Dmanisi findings are creating a paradigm shift in paleoanthroplogy which i feel is going to come to link with the Sykes journal publication.

Re some of the above comments:

- it is not currently possible to extract dna from bone this.ancient

- the Neanderthal genome was mapped.in 2010

The remains found at Dmanisi are 1.8million years old. A jaw from the site shows that the hominid it belonged to survived for years without teeth. this opens up all sorts of questions around the nature of hominids 1.8milion years ago.Caring for their elderly? Cooking and preparing foods suitable.to eat without teeth? Language and communication? Wearing clothes? Many of these were assumed to be traits of homo sapien sapien only.

We are a step closer to the great caveman movie being accurate to science ! LOL

post-1911-0-77768000-1384373732.jpg

Edited by GEARMAN

Do you recall Quest for Fire?  made my kids watch it in the early 90's hahah..they were not impressed

Edited by apehuman

i just rewatched Clan on youtube.., Quest is not there...

and yes, it was RDC ...immortalized forever in Quest..and just saw her in a recent movie..still great looking...but what? fifty or so? dang!

the best parts of that for me tho..were the obvious anthro/consulting guys, in the lake/fire scene...B acting with male pattern baldness.. (ahhh..!) , but having fun..living the dream..

and the scene with the 'wooly mammoths"  ..... and their 'hair' even tho poor, still did the trick....

DH scenes, for the time, were fairly racy too...  but not compared to RDC she stole that entire show..her name is cult in this house

Another one worth watching is the Gods must be Crazy..and probably on YouTube..modern bushmen..and a bottle.  also 80's

and Walkabout..also 80's Aussi...aboriginal tale with modern contact

Edited by apehuman

Not saying there shouldn't be DNA data to go with this, it would be much more informative if it did.

I was just saying this article was not presenting any at this point , they are thinking at this point that this skull may be telling us { via the morphology alone } that many of the other skulls that have been classified as their own species may all belong to this one species that may exhibit great variance among individuals.

OK, try to tell the difference between a Thylacine and a Wolf based on skull morphology.  Go.

kezra this just came out,  I just read the article and not the free PDF, but will eventually (a little backed up on these, tough reading!) anyway.. ...and taken along with the louse studies...the picture is being filled in...thru our parasites..  

http://www.news.wisc.edu/22232

THANK YOU APEHUMAN! Yet another insightful post from your good self x

OK, try to tell the difference between a Thylacine and a Wolf based on skull morphology.  Go.

food for thought is how similar the habits of wolves and thlaycines are though? very i would guess. but the difference between homo heidelbergensis and homo habilis for example? the former builds shelters and uses tools, the latter only tools. how on earth can this be so readily concluded from just a few examples found across the entire world? who knows what dhelter homo habilis was truly capable of constructing? the truth is paleoanthropologists dont know but the general idea projected is that these things are known. its simply not the case.