Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

Sounds good.  In the meantime, the folks who run two of the military history organizations in DOD are good friends.  Together, they're responsible for better than half of the military museums around the world and Arlington Cemetery.  I'll discuss it with them and I'm sure they'll have some insights and will know their counterparts at the Smithsonian.  They'll also be able to point me to the most receptive congressional resources. 

Last time I stopped in at the Pentagon they were showing me a compressed air musket that Lewis and Clark took with them on their expedition to impress/intimidate indigenous peoples with our technological advancement.  It had two interchangeable compressed air cannisters that (supposedly) could be used to fire eight rounds each and connected into the stock.  No powder smoke, almost silent, and could bury a musket ball four inches into a tree.  Apparently only two were ever made.  I figure they must have had problems with the compressed air seals and didn't work for long, otherwise they wouldn't be an obscure footnote.

This could take some serious time commitment and we're in the throes of commercialization and licensing right now, which has me hopping.  We're also going to use 2014 profits to grow the company, so it'll be 2015 before I'll be able to devote meaningful time and resources. 

Hi All,

A friend of mine Jim Vieira has been investigated this for 20 years. He was at our BF conference in GA this past January and his knowledge of the subject is amazing. I have seen a couple of posts in this thread regarding him. I will ask and see of he would like to come here and elaborate or take questions. Also, another friend of mine, Ron Morehead of Sierra Sounds fame has been working on a documentary in Peru regarding the ancient people and Giants there.

KB

• Upvote 3

Roping Jim into this discussion would be fantastic KB. For me he's the go to guy on the subject and will be able to so much to the debate.

A fascinating thread underpinned by so much historical documentation.

Good thread. 

As for asking for information from the Smithsonian, another possibility is filing a FOIA request for copies of any "records" that mention or refer to large human skeletons (or human skeletons that are over a particular length).  Here's a link to the Smithsonian's quasi-FOIA policy and procedures page:   http://www.si.edu/About/FOIA

(I've considered filing such a request, but haven't managed to set aside the time to write it up.)

Guest Darrell

The concept of ancient giants was quite popular in the 1800's but that doesnt mean everything published or reported during that time was true. Lets not forget the Cardiff Giant and the fiasco associated with that 1869 hoax. There isnt any real evidence or fossil record to substantiate any claim of existance.

There isnt any real evidence or fossil record to substantiate any claim of existance.

That's your story and you're sticking to it, huh Darrell.

When all else fails, just deny.

Edited by LarryP

There is loads of real evidence and a couple plausible fossil predecessors at least.

C'mon, let's not roll the "no evidence" thing out again.  Proof.  Evidence.  Two different things, and the difference is largely in scientists' minds.

Guest Darrell

That's your story and you're sticking to it, huh Darrell.

When all else fails, just deny.

Im not just sticking my head in the sand, I honestly dont believe there is anything to the ancient giants thing. So its not about everything failing, its about those who believe everything they are told or read and dont inject any common sense or critical thinking to what they read. Im just the flip side of the coin to you Larry. Im not your enemy, I just see my world different than you see yours. Mine is more rational than yours, yes, but different

Large human skeletons have been found. And I don't mean just big, I mean huge....10-12' tall. What happens after they are found is one of two things:

1) the folks who uncover them (erroneously think they're doing the right thing) contact authorities, and within a day "officials" show up and take the bones; leaving the honest landowners with nothing but a cool story.

2) folks who are wise to the coverup do not call anyone and keep the find to themselves and, unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't get the benefit of knowing the truth.

• Upvote 1

I understand Darrell's skepticism.  The dang things do seem to disappear.  The ones from the Mark Twain Museum were not repatriated by the Paiutes, as I had once believed.  It turned out that BLM has them now.

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming book - and reviewing its documentation.