Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

^^^You and I may differ on some things regarding science and the scientific community.

But the point always needs to be made that slavish devotion to Whatever Scientists Say About This isn't exactly the way to keep your money, if you're betting on how things will be 20 years or so down the road.

Thanks, JDL, for clarifying that in my defense. I was just using a quick example of how science can and does get manipulated to support a predetermined outcome in the interest of an agenda....usually money is at the bottom of it all

Manipulation to support a predetermined outcome in the interest of an agenda...

You're living in a glass house with that one.

Edited by mbh

absolutely

But the pic of the bone you posted a few pages back comes from a source that can be accused of the exact same thing. I don't think anything is immune to being manipulated for an agenda.

So the THEORY of evolution could quite possibly be tainted as such? That would explain the constant need for revision......

I do hope you don't mean me? I'm an ecologist with some archaeological experience!.

I did and you know I did! But then you were able to answer with some salient points.

Next time I'll be sure to say 'we have an ecologist on the forum with some archaeological experience'...

Revision, as new facts come to light, and more knowledge gained, is a bad thing?

New facts? Or new opinions......?

@LarryP, nope you're the one who provided bad evidence.

@DWA, unless it comes to bigfoot.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

New facts? Or new opinions......?

new facts

So the THEORY of evolution could quite possibly be tainted as such? That would explain the constant need for revision......

Anything could be tainted obviously, but evolution is **** solid at this point.

Anything humans are involved with can be manipulated, corrupted, or generally screwed with. But science represents the safest bet for my money...by a longshot.

Edited by mbh

Anything humans are involved with can be manipulated, corrupted, or generally screwed with

Thankyou, that's what I was waiting for you to admit......

No you weren't

And I already said science could be manipulated. Only an idiot wouldn't be wiling to admit that.

I'm still not getting your point. Nobody in the world thinks science is perfect, it's just better than most alternatives.