Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

Science? Naw, it has its usefullness; but like a knife, a car, a dozer, or even a spoken word; it can be used to do good or to harm.......

science is extremely useful, so long as you keep in mind its not as flawless and rock solid as it's often presented.

amended theories and differing schools of thought happen, as is evident in the Neanderthal thread. both could be proven wrong later on , that's just the way it goes.

and this makes 3000 posts .... taken a long time to get here, lol

Edited by Doc Holliday
  • Upvote 1

science is extremely useful, so long as you keep in mind its not as flawless and rock solid as it's often presented.amended theories and differing schools of thought happen, as is evident in the Neanderthal thread. both could be proven wrong later on , that's just the way it goes.and this makes 3000 posts .... taken a long time to get here, lol

for sure

but I don't notice too many members here that don't accept that. There's even one guy here with 6,000 plus posts pointing out that fact constantly.

Edited by mbh

yes, the science thing is kind of a running discussion, a little more so in the tar pit section. that's why it pops up quite a bit I suppose.

sorry for the derail on the post count though, just something I noticed and an observation there are those that have been here for a shorter span and have way more posts..... I must be slacking , lol. :)

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest LarryP

@LarryP, nope you're the one who provided bad evidence.

What bad evidence are you referring to?

Try not to be so purposefully vague, Jerry.

My youngest daughter turned 35 on Sunday. That's 34 years after your "scientific medical establishment" told me she would be dead. 

And I can cite innumerable examples like hers where "alternative medicine" saved people's lives.

In the meantime, why don't you ever apply your "skeptical criitical thinking" to this reality?: 

Dangerous Prescription Drugs

http://www.drugwatch.com/news/dangerous-prescription-drugs/

Instead of "alternative medicine"??

I know the answer. Let's see if you're willing to own up to it......

for sure

but I don't notice too many members here that don't accept that. There's even one guy here with 6,000 plus posts pointing out that fact constantly.

Perhaps you're capable of NOT focusing on that "one guy" and instead focusing on the facts?

The collective ad-hominem tactic is incredibly obvious. Can't you do better than that?.

Edited by LarryP

*sigh*

Larry show an actual clinical study that shows your miracle cure is effective. Not emotional blackmail, not a book on "well known" cases, and not a website that you've selected because it supports your view (adding "watch" to your name doesn't make you reliable). A published clinical study which looks at a controlled sample of people numbering in the hundreds or thousands.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

What bad evidence are you referring to?

Try not to be so purposefully vague, Jerry.

My youngest daughter turned 35 on Sunday. That's 34 years after your "scientific medical establishment" told me she would be dead.

And I can cite innumerable examples like hers where "alternative medicine" saved people's lives.

In the meantime, why don't you ever apply your "skeptical criitical thinking" to this reality?:

Dangerous Prescription Drugs

Instead of "alternative medicine"??

I know the answer. Let's see if you're willing to own up to it......

Perhaps you're capable of NOT focusing on that "one guy" and instead focusing on the facts?

The collective ad-hominem tactic is incredibly obvious. Can't you do better than that?.

Please ponit out what I said that you feel needs correcting. You guys want to argue even when I'm agreeing with the point.

And I'm still waiting with bated breath for some facts.

Edited by mbh

*sigh*

Larry show an actual clinical study that shows your miracle cure is effective. Not emotional blackmail, not a book on "well known" cases, and not a website that you've selected because it supports your view (adding "watch" to your name doesn't make you reliable). A published clinical study which looks at a controlled sample of people numbering in the hundreds or thousands.

Jerrymanderer, why does it have to be a "clinical study"? If someone is cured or healed of a disease that the body of "clinical studies" has presented as uncurable, then that system has flaws. PLUS--You're not likely to see many clinical studies on anything but failures to cure--why? Because it is not in the interest of those who fund the clinical studies to have anything cured; remember, they make their money off "treatments". And like the rest of science, the methodology and interpretation of results can be manipulated to whatever outcome desired. Why would they wanna do that? Again--MONEY!

If someone is cured or healed of a disease that the body of "clinical studies" has presented as uncurable....

Cancer is not one disease, it is many. Some are currently curable particularly at the early stages, others aren't.

Edited by Jerrymanderer

Guest Stan Norton

Jerry, 

You're trying to talk science with people who seriously think that dinosaurs and humans were around at the same time. Stop right now:  nothing you say or produce evidence for will be enough.