Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

Guest Stan Norton

"True knowledge lies in being able to trawl internet for platitudinous quotations and photoshopped images of silliness"

.....insert name here......

Yes, b/c the folks attributed to those quotes are cliche in and of themselves.  I mean, what have they contributed to anything, right?

Perhaps we should take Jack Weinberg's advice.  That would keep things fresh, no?

For the record, I don't think any of those bones are human bones anyway.

Thanks Darrell - I hadn't come across platitudinous before and my Merriam Webster is in the shop for re-binding.

Guest Darrell

One of my favorite quotes is "you cannot boil sand wishing it to become rice, what is false cannot be made real" that's a Buddhist saying and it fits perfect here and in the bigfoot phenomenon. Believe what you want, but it still doesn't make it truth. I'm not pro evolution but I also don't buy into the creationist tactic of trying to parade all this alternate fantasy stuff either.

^plussed for truth Darrell - the Buddhist saying is very appropriate.

I still simply do not know.

Take away the pics and we're only left with prominent people and institutions making the claim (human like bones large in stature).....with no remains on a table.

And alas, in some tiny corner of the internet, the debate/discussion rages on.

Hey if ya'll don't wanna believe it that's fine---I just don't give any more credence to your silly theory of evolution

• Upvote 1

Guest Stan Norton

Might be worth looking up the actual meaning of theory in the scientific sense. It's not what you think it is. No-one is entitled to an opinion if that opinion is based on ignorance.

^^ If you're going to dictate who is entitled to an opinion you might want to elaborate on that ignorance.

Guest Darrell

So yet again, the evidence isn't strong enough to make a real conclusion about giant humans and the argument comes down to belief systems. Does anyone but me see a problem with that?

Might be worth looking up the actual meaning of theory in the scientific sense. It's not what you think it is. No-one is entitled to an opinion if that opinion is based on ignorance.

I think you overstepped propriety with this statement.

Guest Stan Norton

So, in this thread, pointing out actual real facts is an impropriety? That's some odd logic. 

Anyway, I will vacate this one. It's too depressing. Might I recommend you read some books?

So yet again, the evidence isn't strong enough to make a real conclusion about giant humans and the argument comes down to belief systems. Does anyone but me see a problem with that?

No, the evidence of giant humans is not existant. There isn't physical evidence, there are some doctored photos.  It is the product of conspiracy theorists, who want to disprove evolution.  By the rules of this forum, this is as far as we can go with this topic.  If you want to discuss this you probably need to get a premium account and take it over there.