Possibility Of Large Bones Being Found In North America

Guest JiggyPotamus

Guest ksu4

A 7' tall human is an outlier.

http://sucolex.blogspot.com/2011/11/human-height-and-weight.html

This blog has a scatter chart of a large sample of humans, you can see that the 7' tall end of the scale is a small outlier percentage of the graph.

600 A 7'6" 600lb Bigfoot? --> o

**previously-posted image removed**

I believe the confusion lies with your graph--I read it that ssq is approximately 36" tall...

Edited by ksu4
To remove previously-posted image

Neither do you.

I do endeavor to remain nit free.  They tend to attract those who feed on them and I find it disconcerting to be groomed by such.

So, in this thread, pointing out actual real facts is an impropriety? That's some odd logic. 

Anyway, I will vacate this one. It's too depressing. Might I recommend you read some books?

:good: Hugs and love to you Stan...Susi

I believe the confusion lies with your graph--I read it that ssq is approximately 36" tall...

No, I am actually 5 feet 3 inches.. :queen: ;)

Edited by SweetSusiq

Including the Smithsonian.

Can. Are they likely? Not as much as some random blogger with no credentials .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So... I am watching a History Channel show that is very interesting.

Jim and Bill Viera found a giant human looking tooth in the Ozarks as well as the original microfiche news reports that actually have a picture of the skeleton found in 1933 in this same cave. The newspaper stated that the skeleton was shipped to the Smithsonian.

I have not found much more on this online yet but I sure want to know what comes of this...

I feel it's worth bumping this old thread.

Here is a link:

http://www.history.com/shows/search-for-the-lost-giants/videos/tooth-discovery

EDIT: I found an episode summary here:

http://dailytwocents.com/search-lost-giants-recap-episode-two-find-solid-proof/

Edited by Redbone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Native American Indians, the first inhabitants of the Northwest Territories and later Wayne County and finally decreed as the state of Michigan, do indeed claim there giants of evil men, Yam-Ko-Desh or Prairie People as they were called, inhabiting the state long before them. Three of the largest groups in Michigan being the  Ottawa’s, Ojibwas, and the Potawatomi’s recognized these giants existing in Michigan as being so vast in number, “they were as thick as leaves on a tree.†  Remarkably the giant people or mound people were not exclusive to Michigan, they were found all over the United States.

“Yam-Ko-Desh,†the Ottawa name for the mound builders meaning "the prairie people.â€

Source: "Primitive Man in Michigan," Dr W.B. Hinsdale, 1925
Source: Michigan's mysterious Indian mounds, By Vivian M. Baulch / The Detroit News June 6, 1997

“the Prairie people, who were "thicker than the leaves on a tree." It is believed that the Ottawas, Ojibwas, and Potawatamis formed an alliance to exterminate them.â€

Source: "Primitive Man in Michigan," Dr W.B. Hinsdale, 1925
Source: Michigan's mysterious Indian mounds, By Vivian M. Baulch / The Detroit News June 6, 1997

Giants

North Leslie, 21.5 m., is part of the village of Leslie. At its western edge, along Rice's Creek, INDIAN MOUNDS cover a tract of 15 or 20 acres. Among the bones unearthed were a human skull, so large that no hat in Leslie could be found to fit it and a thigh bone three inches longer than that of the tallest man in the village.â€North Leslie, 21.5m., is part of the village of Leslie. At its western edge, along Rice’s Creek, Indian Mounds cover a tract of 15 or 20 acres. Among the bones unearthed were a human skull, so large that no hat in Leslie could be found to fit it and a thigh bone three inches longer than that of the tallest man in the village.â€

Source: A Guide to the Wolverine State, 1941, pg 504   [ingham County]

Giants

Michigan Giants of Old

During the investigation of the mounds in Pokaagon township, Cass county, Mich., the bones of perhaps 100 persons were found in the center of one mound and under these, separated from his companions, were the bones of a man who in life must have been fully nine feet tall, occupying a sitting position, with his feet under him.

Source: National Labor Tribune, March 2 1899, pg 7.

Edited by Gumshoeye