Ronnie Bass

Mississippi Skunk Ape Video?

Great vid! Have any "knowers" weighed in yet?

GreatBIGFoot

Listen closely, you can hear him say "what the **** is that?"  then later he says "What the hell is it?"  

I really like this video, and think it is compelling.  It would be great if some comparisons were done so a size could be determined.  Reading his comments on the YouTube page, it sure doesn't sound like he wants to go back.

Watched it on my iPad. Will re-watch on my desktop.

Thanks

I hope it is real. Would be super cool!!!

:-)

NCBFr

Wow, looks pretty good to me.  I would be very interested in the back story.  I played it without sound or any enhancements but my only real concern is catching him unaware of being video taped.  What spooked the guy doing the videotaping?  The BF never turned or acted in any way that he was agitated as far as I can tell.

bigbear

its a fun video.

The movement looks quite ape like from the way it pulls and drops things along with how it looks at what it is doing.  So if it is a guy in a suit they did their homework or just got lucky.  The only movement i don't like is when it stands up.  

One thing that gets me is that the guy filming this is just in the open and decides to stand up and make himself even more visible.  That does not make much sense in my book especially if you are a hunter.  He doesn't think about getting his firearm ready despite the fact that he is "scared"  instead he arms himself with a phone to record?  And why wait till the "creature" stands up to run,  that movement was no more threatening than when it was sitting there and half way stood up the first time.  

IDK? 

it's a fun video non the less.  

Northern Lights

I do realize that his reactions need to be assessed, but I wouldn't try and pigeon hole a type of reaction and hold every situation to that standard.  Everyone is going to react differently and unless his actions scream hoax, then I think they are reasonable.  

I remember reading Dr. Johnson's account is his encounter in Oregon.  He had an overwhelming urge to evacuate his bowels and did right after seeing his squatch.  That wouldn't be the first thing I would think would come to mind after seeing a big squatch in the woods.  

I do like this particular video and really hope more comes out.  Thanks

NL

Gotta Know

Holy Moly.

When viewed with very good headphones it appears very genuine. Listening to the creature tear apart the log sounds very authentic, not to mention impressive. I can understand why the gent ran. Can't believe he stayed as long as he did.

If not authentic, one of the best fakes yet. The mass, power and movement are very convincing (as well as the sounds of the log being torn apart...)

salubrious

On viewing this again, the act of standing up is so smooth. IMO this is the best BF video this year.

NCBFr

I reviewed it again with my main PC.  I must agree, it is the best I have seen in a long while.  I love the shots of it licking the bugs off the inside of the tree where it ripped off the bark.  If you look closely, you can see a great profile of its face.  What is the white object he grabs at the 1:36 mark?  Is his hand that white?

The only thing off to me is the fur.   I would expect more hair and less of a carpet like back that hides muscle definition but that could be simply lack of resolution.

Hammer102492
Whoa!!!! That's INTENSE! Seriously! Here are my questions...it looked like it had it's back to the camera and was busy doing something. It didn't hear the guy with the camera? Then it stood up and WOW!!! I'd run too. That's a real emotional reaction, that's how I believe it.

It's all in how someone reacts to seeing it, is what I go by to see if someone is being true. How did it affect them. That guy booked when it stood up and HOLY COW! It scared me just watching it.

Human sneaks up on Squatch?  That's a change.  Doesn't mean it couldn't happen.  Maybe it didn't care.  The guy with the camera sure did. 

Didn't look like a gorilla suit to me.

Upon standing its obvious its too tall to be a gorilla. So IMO its either a person in a suit or its the real thing. It would be nice to get a further video with someone standing in the area to get a feel for the size.

Ripping a rotten tree apart makes sounds. The ear has a masking rule, such that louder sounds mask the presence of quieter sounds. So it is not troubling to me that the creature does not hear someone behind him.

I can relate to that.  I sit here on my porch and all I hear are my little portable speakers.  Every now and then I hear an apple drop or a couple of bucks butting heads, but that startles me because I'm just busy here and not paying attention.  Maybe it was an old guy that was hard of hearing?

On viewing this again, the act of standing up is so smooth. IMO this is the best BF video this year.

Yes, like it just rose up!  From what I hear, they're prettying good at going up and down.  A human would have to bend over sort of then stand tall.  This thing just rose up like those Christmas air decorations on people's lawns.

I got to admit my curiosity is really pinging hard on this one...as they say if something is fake is screams fake right away. This one is going to bounce around for a long time. I see this as convincing video of something doing it's business to survive in that environment and if it was fake we would've got the money shot a lot quicker. I think this guy has got something here.

Edited by Nightstalker

WV FOOTER

Some very valid points have been made on this video. After  watching it over and over, that creature is into that tree, ripping it up. The more I watch it, the more I lean towards Bigfoot.

JustCurious

Look closely between the :09 and :12 mark and it appears to be a human looking arm that comes out to the left.  It's holding what appears to be a strip of wood.  I checked the temperature on that date at that location and it was pretty cool, so a person might be wearing a coat with the sleeves pushed up.  But, I don't think it would be cold enough to have the hood up, so who knows. 

ETA: Wouldn't it be funny if he caught someone retrieving a game cam set to try to catch bigfoot?  The kid that posted the video obviously thinks it was a bigfoot though so I don't think it's a hoax video.

Edited by JustCurious

This looks genuine to me. The camera behavior seemed real especially at the end. The figure's movement was very organic and fluid. It was a real creature. Very interesting video.

The creature acts as you would expect a large primate to do if it were digging around in a stump for bugs. I guess this was shot on a phone camera, could be wrong. There's no zooming as you would be more likely to get with a conventional camera. If we knew the model it might be possible to work out what the focal length was and possibly get further information as to the distance to the object, lens aberrations etc.

The guy filming it acts quite realistically. If it was me I'd try to stay as quiet as possible. You cannot hear breathing possibly becuase it is a phone camera. The mics tend to be narrow beam and face away from the shooter. That he is not providing a running commentary and going "Hey man, there's a Bigfoot! Boys its huge! Look at that!", is more in keeping with what a genuine sighting would generate. His reaction at the end is very good. Creature stands up, he legs it. I think on the face of it this is a genuine films with genuine reactions. We need to know more of course, you cannot ever be 100% certain this is not a very good hoax.

I think you need to get researchers to talk to the guy, determine his age, what equipment he used, get the original video not the upload and most of all revisit the site.

Patterson-Gimlin

Thank you for sharing. I watched it on  60 " screen.  I see a person.