Ronnie Bass

Mississippi Skunk Ape Video?

Northern Lights

Thank you for sharing. I watched it on  60 " screen.  I see a person.

Ok, why?  What jumps out at you that indicates it is a person?  With that size screen, you have an advantage over me, so please elaborate.  Thanks

NL

Ronnie Bass

The one thing that is a positive about this video is if anyone can find where it was taken it should be easy to determine how tall it is since it is standing in front of a tree, pretty straight forward on figuring out the height leaving out the guess work.

Someone really needs to reach out to this kid.

Northern Lights

Looking at this again, I can see the crease in the buttocks (butt crack) when it stands up right before he takes off running.  Two questions:

Does anyone else see that?

And maybe this is something Bill can answer, but do costumes typically have that detail? 

Guest RioBravo

One of the nice things about this video is, should the cameraman return to the scene, it would be easy to gauge the figure's size.

The figure in question is right up against the tree and the camera man is pressed right up against a large fallen branch (seen more easily towards the beginning).

I hope the guy gets back out there with a buddy to take some measurements.

Edited by RioBravo

1980squatch

Great vid! Have any "knowers" weighed in yet?

Yes from me NiceGuyJon, post 6.  I cannot really put my finger on it but it "felt" squatch to me instead of hoax.  Moved like one acted like one (intensity toward task at hand).  Might just be a first rate fake but it really struck me...

And folks, I know it must seem impossible but they can be snuck up on if the conditions are right and they are actively feeding...

Orygun

The creature acts as you would expect a large primate to do if it were digging around in a stump for bugs. I guess this was shot on a phone camera, could be wrong. There's no zooming as you would be more likely to get with a conventional camera. If we knew the model it might be possible to work out what the focal length was and possibly get further information as to the distance to the object, lens aberrations etc.

He said it was an iPhone.

If someone 'punk'd' him they really put their life at risk. Can you imagine the punker at the card table "hey, I'm going to wear this monkey suit to scare the hell out of him while he has a gun and out hog hunting" That would be real bright. Also, if someone did pull a prank on him I'm sure they would've stepped up to make fun of him in front of everyone, isn't that purpose? to get a good laugh and say "I gotcha!" Also, the prancer could've scared the kid way better than just standing up...how terrifying.

L

CaveMan

The thing that bothers me is between 1:21-1:27 it appears to be adjusting a mask so he can see. When it stands its not as muscular as patty.

Orygun

"Hunter" is making too much noise. I don't care how busy the skunk ape is with getting grubs it would have heard the guy.

What was he hunting hogs with, a knife? Was there a rifle?

I want to see a face.

I give it 7/10 for effort. I like the ape-like foraging behavior.

The thing that bothers me is between 1:21-1:27 it appears to be adjusting a mask so he can see. When it stands its not as muscular as patty.

Could be, but I don't see it. It might depend on how you look at it. From my somewhat limited knowledge, isn't the Skunk Ape said to be less massive than the Bigfoot, meaning it could be a related sub-species? I'm interested as to why he calls it a Skunk Ape and not a Bigfoot. According to Wikipedia, that well-known bastion of accuracy! ;-) , Skunk Apes have been sighted in Florida, North Carolina and Arkansas. This is not to say they don't pass through Mississippi, just haven't been seen there. Are there any reported sightings from Mississippi. Looking a Google Earth, the sighting is not far from the Arkansas border. In fact if it was in the river area to the west of Tunica, it could be right on the border. Does anyone know the area in question?

One thing I have noticed, is that there is a white spot just below the lefthand shoulder on the creature. It moves with it, so can't be a leaf in between it and the camera or an artifact. I'm wondering what it is. A bit of bark, a leaf or something else? Its very bright, not in keeping with the colour of the rest of the scene, perhaps reflective? The original video is in 720p, could the Iphone in question be an Iphone 4? From the 4S onward the camera was 1080p.

LarryP

Holy Moly.

When viewed with very good headphones it appears very genuine. Listening to the creature tear apart the log sounds very authentic, not to mention impressive. I can understand why the gent ran. Can't believe he stayed as long as he did.

If not authentic, one of the best fakes yet. The mass, power and movement are very convincing (as well as the sounds of the log being torn apart...)

Huge difference with high-end headphones.

There's not a human being alive that has the strength to tear a log apart like that with their bare hands.

And it's doing it with very little effort.

Ronnie Bass

Is it possible it knew he was there and saw him as no threat? Probably unlikely but just throwing it out there.

bfriendly

THANKS FOR POSTING ..............I like it!!

So far, I have No reason to Doubt it.

I too recently recorded something on my 3G I-phone and when I played it back, I could NOT hear myself at all so I thought it was muted .................I was talking the entire time (I am Loud-BTW)........its there, but you can barely hear it, like the Mic is facing the same way as the camera.

First initial reaction when I saw it was it was genuine.  Now after slowing it down and looking at it in 720p I see some things that make me question it.  The biggest thing that bugs me is at the 1:43 mark.  It pulls something shiny out of the tree crevace.  It looks like a trail cam.

thegeorgiahiker

Goony, I see what you are referring to. Can anyone blow that up to get a better view of it?

Nick

Edited by thegeorgiahiker