Bigfoot In Trees

I think if we looked up more, there would be more sightings.

I agree.  That is something I've thought about, realizing as I walk through the woods I don't really look up, and here in the Pacific northwest where I am are large thick douglas fur and redwoods, and they could easily go undetected up in those trees.

Guest Divergent1

It would have to be a really big tree to support a full grown Sasquatch. I don't see any likely tree candidates in that video.

Edited by Divergent1

I've climbed a few trees in my lifetime. It takes a pretty stout limb to support an adult human. I can't see a being like Patty scrambling up most trees, any more than say a football player.

Oh, and yes we do have some big trees still in the PNW. But you'd have to do some pretty good shinnying to get to those limbs twenty feet off the ground! But then I suppose bigfoot has long enough arms to manage that. :-)

I've climbed a few trees in my lifetime. It takes a pretty stout limb to support an adult human. I can't see a being like Patty scrambling up most trees, any more than say a football player.

Oh, and yes we do have some big trees still in the PNW. But you'd have to do some pretty good shinnying to get to those limbs twenty feet off the ground! But then I suppose bigfoot has long enough arms to manage that. :-)

Maybe a mid-tarsal break in the foot would help them shimmy up trees as well.  

Squirrel nests, bird nests (eggs)... and of course the always effective BF leaping out of tree ontop of an unsuspecting deer ??

I can see them utlizing trees to some extent, but because of their bulk/weight etc i cant see it being a primary part of their existence- not adults anyway...

Can definitely see it as a temporary place to hide- at least in the summer when the trees are leafed out.

Interesting thread as always....

Art

I agree with what Art said about the younger lighter ones using the trees more frequently than the full grown adults. Also, we have to keep in mind that it all depends on how big the trees are in the location of interest- if there are any trees at all that is. Great posts- thanks for sharing..

Guest DWA

Big gorillas have been seen well up in trees; there are plenty of trees on this continent that could hold a Patty on a branch well up.  We tend to rule things out, before we catch the animals doing them.

Big gorillas have been seen well up in trees; there are plenty of trees on this continent that could hold a Patty on a branch well up.  We tend to rule things out, before we catch the animals doing them.

DWA,

Not saying the bigger ones can't/don't climb up in trees- just saying that the trees big enough to support an 800+/- pound squatch aren't around everywhere there are sightings. The juvenile squatches can climb up anything they want, but bigger ones would be more limited to trees that are larger in diameter, and can hold all that weight IMO. Especially if you have more than one climbing up the same tree at the same time. Also, adult silver backs in the wild rarely get over 500 pounds. I'm not exactly sure of how heavy larger adult sasquatches get, but from reports I'd be willing to guess that it's anywhere from 600-1,000 pounds (Huge).

Cheers

Guest OntarioSquatch

That seems like it's accurate for the average fully grown male.  Many are reportedly much larger.

SSR Team

I have no doubt at all that the hairy guys are quite comfortable in trees.  Lots of eye witness accounts of "monkey kids" running around in the trees.  Several in real time experiences with witnesses and I could hear some of the noise on the phone in two encounters. :keeporder:

I read the bfro report about those creatures in the trees. The photographer says they definitely weren't bears. Though in the photos they look kind of bear-shaped. Whatever they are, they're bigger than a porcupine. And he was there, and knows what they didn't look like in real-life - bears. Hmm.

Thanks for posting the pictures and the link BobbyO. All the photos look like they were zoomed in from the original. Looking at that field in front of those trees, it doesn't appear that it would have been any effort at all on the part of the photographer to get closer and get a better shot. It would have been a better way to verify what he thought he was seeing. From those pictures you can't rule out bears or bigfoot. I guess with bigfoot there's always a fear factor involved. The only time I've felt that kind of fear was when there was sign of a huge Kodiak nearby but I wasn't sure where it was. Definitely not good!