New Season Of Finding Bigfoot Starts Tonight.

TD-40

Ok, well I can't find the thread with the 'Eyes' looking at Renea. I saw the same thing on the (first episode season 4), at about 50 minutes in, it was the double eye thing, it was reflection off the camera lens. If anyone has a link I can post this point there.

This will be the last season, they are going to have to ramp it up and do something different.

Edited by Wag

If the cast had such strong objections to the format, they could always decide not to renew their contract.  I guess money is more important than any other issues they might have...

I'd say that a show like finding bigfoot sort of locks the cast members into a dependency on bigfoot related income, and in this economy, any income is good.  The pay is probably better than the alternatives right now.

I am with dmaker...as a counselor in many contract negotiations, even with a few rock bands/Tv stuff, I think they have leverage now..or did before this season..but, would have to act together to exercise it - my bet..and they can't...nothing new in that..BFers not cooperating.... b/c they have no shared common goal (except personal gain? even if altruistic in one's mind)...it isn't really proof for many..and it seems clear not for Moneymaker,  even if it is for the others.  On the other hand, a new BF expert is always waiting in the wings to be a TV star......  so on we roll, serving our selves...  is there any other model?  People do have families to feed, and naysayers to fend off.... amazing in some ways anything might come of all this chaos....  in Sykes?  Any bets?  not me, not anymore!

Edited by apehuman

I would think that the only way to force the program to change its MO is to stop watching it and let the ratings fall. It's the only language some people understand.

I've only ever watched one episode. Once was enough.

The person with potential leverage is Matt.   They're using the BFRO database to identify potential witnesses to interview.   I've talked to a couple people who made reports to BFRO, so far un-published, who have been contacted by the FB producers to see if they'll have a segment about them filmed.    If Matt were to close off that source of information, it doesn't eliminate everything, but it does eliminate some.   

As long as the others are identified as BFRO, even though some are not anymore, he's got a bit of leverage on them as well.   In a way, being able to say BFRO evidence tech or BFRO call expert is like the scientists who can put PhD after their name gaining a presumption of credibility.  As long as the audience falls for the assumption of credibility, then they do indeed gain credibility.

MIB 

Don't they have someone come out and do an in-person interview with all the BF sightings? That would take time and volunteers.

I don't think anyone has leverage, because no one really has star-power. They can find a dozen fill-ins in a minute, even the camera man might replace Bobo, who is the favorite. There is talk of a Bobo solo show maybe he might have said.

If I believed in Bigfoot, and thought I was gonna find it, I would be extremely pissed off about this show.

Err all you need to do is make goofy sounds, and have a thermal imager, errr, and we'll prove bigfoot, errr...

Admin

There are some real scary encounter stories on the BFRO, those would be great stories to reenact. It sure would ramp up the excitement factor. The show does discuss some interesting sightings, and others, eh.   

Personally, I'd eliminate the "green light night searching" junk, which everyone knows is doomed to failure (not because there are no squatches but just because of the silliness of the outings and the fact that the news would have picked it up before the show aired if anything was found), and concentrate strongly on the witness reports.  Interview them at length, talk to scientists and anthropologists, etc. 

I know there's no visual "get" there, but what is there now?  I'm growing bored with the show, honestly, and I think they're just kind of coasting now.

Personally, I think they should get in contact with someone that has had a bigfoot sighting, maybe go and meet with them in person.  Heck, maybe even do an observation where the sighting took place.

I would then try to gather everyone around that has had bigfoot sightings--maybe in a town hall format--and plot the sightings on a map.  Then, if I were feeling really adventurous, go and meet the witnesses on location and re-enact the sighting, maybe comparing my largest researcher to the bigfoot's size and speed.

Then, if sponsors would step up, maybe get some thermal imagers and do a stake-out at night with my cast split up in pairs...maybe do some calls, bang some trees.  And then get the thermal imagers out and actually broadcast on tv what the view looks like through the thermal imager.  (I bet you could see deer and mice through the thermal imager).  Allow my sponsor to paste their logo on the screen, of course, for the use of their equipment...

I think this format could work--and, I would do it every week of every season!