The Oldest Dna Evidence Yet Of Humans With An Interesting Twist

NathanFooter

Wrong.

This rock is headed for extinction. The fate of our species rides on our ability to leave. earth is like an incubater with a timer........ Either we learn to fly and leave the nest or we go extinct. We are just one asteroid or comet away from the timer going ding.

So extracting resources from earth and building space travel technology isn't dumb it's smart..... But a deer or a bear? Their fate is tied with earth......or us if we decide to make an ark.

But they do not control their fate.

Nothing you say makes anything I said 'wrong.'

Evidence appears to be that 'intelligent' life does away with itself before it gets time to leave.  At least we haven't seen any evidence that the case is otherwise.

I don't consider 'intelligence' any 'higher' than the fangs of Smilodon or the antlers of the Irish elk.  It's one more adaptation...and extinction catches up to them all.

I knew this thread would draw all of the resident skeptics like flies to honey because their beloved "scientific establishment"  and their "well supported science" just got blown out of the water, once again. 

Edited by LarryP
To remove the term "psuedo."

Once again this topic makes me think of folklore and legend that recount other species of hominids.  Perhaps these are too readily dismissed.

Guest Darrell

I knew this thread would draw all of the resident skeptics like flies to honey because their beloved "scientific establishment"  and their "well supported science" just got blown out of the water, once again. 

And what exactly blew what out of the water again? 

Once again this topic makes me think of folklore and legend that recount other species of hominids.  Perhaps these are too readily dismissed.

What folklore and legends?  Would love to read up.

Guest Stan Norton

And what exactly blew what out of the water again?

Eh? This research is potentially groundbreaking. It demonstrates quite well just how fluid is the field of human origins and how shaky the well nurtured theories of many in the human origins sphere. It was only a few years ago that anyone questioning the single focus out of africa theory was heckled. Now we have a very different view. The message is that, guess what, it's a whole lot more complex than we thought yesterday. That is how lids are blown off in science. Not by explosions but by the slow accumulation of facts followed by a shift in view. The slowly slowly approach will work just as well for sasquatch. You want it now but in reality it will happen through accretion of knowledge and general acceptance.

Edited by Stan Norton

Guest Darrell

^Silly me, here all this time I thought it would be finding an actual bigfoot that would solve this mess, not by "the slow accumulation of facts followed by a shift in view". 

Scientists won't even look until they are pretty darn sure it exists.  So, yep.  That's when they'll get the body...when they know for sure there is one to be gotten.

Guest Stan Norton

^Silly me, here all this time I thought it would be finding an actual bigfoot that would solve this mess, not by "the slow accumulation of facts followed by a shift in view".

What would it matter if it were this way or that way? Seems an odd approach for a sceptic.

The picture of the origin of humans is revealing in several facets, the lines are blurry, and it seems that cross breeding

was occurring on and off complicating the picture. I think that it is simplistic to assume that all these other ancestors simply became extinct, or rather lost in the gene pool. It would also be simplistic to think that Homo Sapiens would be

the only existing variety in our current world, when for the better part of the last million years we shared the planet with

numerous other hominids. I am quite certain that we still share are planet with other hominids that will be discovered and

that the picture of human evolution will be completely revised many more times. Accepting anything I have said is possible

might lead to the conclusion that a relic of the variety of Sasquatch may have survived, this can be accounted for in the fact that they had adapted to a unique niche, and were not in direct competition with humans. This is both logical and reasonable given our current knowledge.

Guest Darrell

^Your way depends on a current opinion and belief system, not by actually having the creature you are sure exists. You claim the problem is solved when public thought finally sways to your belief system, not by the hard fact of the actual creature.

Edited by Darrell

But if they exist they are really just another animal. I'd say smarter than your average bear, but not as smart as humans, mechanically/technically as smart anyway.

I think they are a lot smarter than us, or else a lot better adapted than us to have stayed 'unconfirmed' for so long.

^Your way depends on a current opinion and belief system, not by actually having the creature you are sure exists. You claim the problem is solved when public thought finally sways to your belief system, not by the hard fact of the actual creature.

That is only true for some. It is certainly not true of everyone. I am faced with the hard fact of the creature, as are others here. Others are not.

It will be interesting (if one is able to hang around that long) to find out where this whole ancient DNA thing actually goes. I've been of the opinion that BF and Neanderthal might be the same thing, now I am not so sure! It appears there might be other 'relations'...

I find it funny as screaming hell that every time scientists find something it's "there, we're done, the complete picture looks like this" instead of "hmmmmm. Here's one more piece of the puzzle.  Let's see, that's 55 pieces...of a 55,000-piece puzzle..."

Give or take a few dozen thousand, of course...

Please, do show where any so-callled spokesperson for "Science," ever spoke such a phrase.

strawman.jpg

• Upvote 1

Curious,

I'm thinking about all of the European folklore and legends regarding wildmen, wodewose, schrat, giants, ogres, trolls, goblins, and the like.

These tales are as pervasive as evidence of other hominids contemporaneous with our distant ancestors seems to be becoming.

Certainly much of the detail has been corrupted over time, but the older source material must be available in various archives.

I think that it is naïve to believe that these tales do not indicate that competing hominids once existed within our cultural memory and that our folklore regarding them stems from that reality.