The Upside Down Tree

How did they know how deep they were planted too?

Susi asks:

I never thought about how deep a tree may be planted by humans to start growing, or are you asking how deeply the top of the tree is planted/pushed into the ground?

:blush: Sorry, I'm trying to understand, and get over my terror after looking at the tree pictures. Strength such as that used to put a tree upside down into the ground is just unimaginable to me.

Guest BuzzardEater

As a matter of general interest the early Britons, thought to be druids, buried a large oak upside down, for the enjoyment of the underworld. It has been unearthed.

• 4 months later...
Guest salmoneater

Ok so with the guy finding the tree upside down in Grays Harbor i would like to say we had a massive wind storm in 2007 and the area he is talking about got cleared out by that storm. and as I was driving by that section a few days ago i was looking of to that side and there was a tree upside down possibly the one hes talking about. i have never noticed it there before but there was a lot of trees cleared in that area so they took a lot of them out and planted more. so out of the green trees the upside down brown one was very noticeable i do believe the wind did that one possibly hitting another tree and getting stuck there. but it defiantly wasn't put there by man the roots are up and it wouldn't have been worth putting there so just saying it was most likely wind but im not sure cuz it was my first time seeing it but why would Bigfoot be close to 101 with trees nee high to me im 6 ft thers not much animals there now saying most trees are gone but he dose alive around here i saw him swim across a creek next day there was a dead bird bones picked and pilled on a small stump dont know any other aniaml that would pile the bones

SSR Team

Ok so with the guy finding the tree upside down in Grays Harbor i would like to say we had a massive wind storm in 2007 and the area he is talking about got cleared out by that storm. and as I was driving by that section a few days ago i was looking of to that side and there was a tree upside down possibly the one hes talking about. i have never noticed it there before but there was a lot of trees cleared in that area so they took a lot of them out and planted more. so out of the green trees the upside down brown one was very noticeable i do believe the wind did that one possibly hitting another tree and getting stuck there. but it defiantly wasn't put there by man the roots are up and it wouldn't have been worth putting there so just saying it was most likely wind but im not sure cuz it was my first time seeing it but why would Bigfoot be close to 101 with trees nee high to me im 6 ft thers not much animals there now saying most trees are gone but he dose alive around here i saw him swim across a creek next day there was a dead bird bones picked and pilled on a small stump dont know any other aniaml that would pile the bones

Give him my regards if you see him again & welcome to the Forum, oh & give him something back if he leaves you any more Presents.. :thumbsup:

Guest BFSleuth

It would be great if you could take photographs of the tree, maybe try to address some of the issues of how it could have been planted that have been raised in this thread.

If I recall correctly from my "Google Earth cruise" through the sighting area this was on a logging road near a hilltop or ridge line, not a swampy area. The BFRO sighting report described a hunter sitting in a chair on a ridge top overlooking a ravine of new growth, then heard about a 400 yard chase go through the new growth and hearing the death of the deer. The upside down tree was close to that.

• 8 months later...