Why Don't They Kill Us?

Guest ThePattyArcade

There have never been any other large predators killed by Bigfoot right? (like bears)

Also, don't they kill each other? Like two males getting into a fight or something (like when two silverback gorillas get into fights) I was watching a nature documentary the other day about two rival chimpanzees troops. One troop attacked the other, killed some of its members and ate them. Maybe it would be something like that.

Guest TooRisky

I am in no way saying BF is a type of monkey.... But in the most famished and drought stricken parts of the world where Human and Chimps live together, it has been reported the Chimps have taken babies from their very homes and eaten... Now like the others have said, where did you get the idea that humans have never been dispatched by a Sasquatch...??? There are stories like from the turn of the century where the Clallam Tribe was attacked and its members killed after one of the Clallam had killed a Sasquatch...

Now there are stories of children being taken and eaten, but I would not worry about that today for we all taste so Sh=tty that only the hungriest of staving animals would even consider our nasty hide for consumption....

It wouldn't be *that* distinctive to look out of norm. Most remote areas like that, if a body is found wouldn't end up in an exactly state of the art morgue, so in depth analysis would probably never occur. And even if there was something suspicious, again going back to the Mayor of Amity in Jaws. You really think they wouldn't put "Bear Attack" on an autopsy if it meant keeping tourist dollars flowing? Plus, lots of folks just disappear, walk off never to be seen who knows what actually happened to them.

Now, HAVE they ever killed a human? Most likely it has happened under certain circumstances.

Good point on the autopsy & scaring the tourist dollars away. I'm sure it happens.

I can advise though from experience with unattended deaths, autopsy, and next of kin, it is extremely difficult to close out even seemingly obvious unattended deaths without fairly in depth LE investigation.

Really going to play devils advocate here. A big bear usually inflicts very specific damage such as scalp/head wounds, extremity bites, massive claw damage, ribs are somtimes ripped out but rarely simply crushed. I'm guessing that a monkee would simply treat us like a prey animal and pound a human into pudding against the nearest good sized tree or simply just with those huge hands. I'm thinking such a method would leave massive crushing damage, shattered bones, but little in the way of claw wounds or head bite wounds. Thats what I'm talking about as distinctive difference.

Just kind of thinking the question through out loud...

i wonder if any hunters have died of a heart attack, after encountering a bigfoot in the woods? ive read of hunters being found killed by heart attacks many times.

We don't know that they don't kill humans. People die in the outdoors all the time from "accidents". There are other ways that people could be killed by BF than by being ripped limb from limb.

Maybe they are just intelligent enough to cover their "tracks". :ph34r:

I was thinking that someone would just disappear and never be seen again. That could happen if a BF wished to do away with someone.

What chance would we have against something that size?

i wonder if any hunters have died of a heart attack, after encountering a bigfoot in the woods? ive read of hunters being found killed by heart attacks many times.

That makes total sense to me. :ph34r: I'd probably die of fright if I encountered one while alone. :blush:

Why don't they kill us?

Maybe they are smart enought to know better. Maybe they have seen our armies train, our hunters kill. Maybe they are smart enough to know we are capable of wiping them off the face of the earth if they gave us a good reaon to. Maybe, instead they hide or run.

Guest Joseph

I no longer remember exactly, but I have only read one or two old reports on a possible BF attacking humans. One of which seemed very gruesome. I wish I could remember, but yeah that was the only time I read of a BF attack on humans with the intent to kill.

Admin

I was thinking that someone would just disappear and never be seen again. That could happen if a BF wished to do away with someone.

I think that is a likely possibilty as well. Every year a fair number of people disappear in the forest. No telling what happened to them. One cannot rule BF involvement I would think.

By the way, it is estimated that around 1,000,000 people go missing in the U.S. every year. Most are found of course, but some are not. Even if 99.5% are found that leaves 5,000 who are never seen again. And some of those folks were in the woods.

Got a few minutes before my next committment, so I'm going to air the monkee question that nags me & puzzles me the most.

Report after report documenting their strength, speed, agility, stealth, and intelligence. There are numerous reports of them easily catching & killing deer, and at least one I recall of killing a hog, all only with their big calloused mitts. clearly they own both the night & day out in the bush, when they approach/stalk humans almost with impunity without being seen. How many reports are there of herding humans out of an area and of visual & verbal intimidation?

In the bush they can take any human alive w/o breaking a sweat. By comparison our reactions are so slow and our strength so much less that the only chance a guy would have is if he was armed with a rifle chambered for a major dangerous game round (I'm thinking 338 Mag or bigger) and had the big ape dead to rights across 50 or more open yards in daylight.

Why don't they kill humans?

Not even one with an off center badly healed human inflicted wound with a grudge, not even an unbalanced rogue, never a female protecting her young or an alpha protecting his group. Nothing. All other animals including humans have killed those of our kind in these circumstances.

This really puzzles me...

Why don't they kill us? Great question. Ans: when has it ever been advantagous to kill humans? We humans don't take kindly to gettin' killed. I suspect it's why we rule the Earth. :D

I think it depends on the BF's point of view of what we are. We don't know how they perceive us, that may vary depending on the creature and it's past experience with humans. Even chimpanzee's can go homicidal and cannibal, humans do it for sure, if mistreated, taught to be that way, or just born with a bad seed. Whether BF is more human or more animal makes no difference, either one with a bad attitude is bad news for you.

I don't see why it would be hard to hide BF damage. After the BF squeezed you to death, it could toss you in a river, over a cliff, leave you for carrion feeders, possibly bury or eat the evidence. Not all coroners are pathologists or doctors, depending on how experienced that person might be, the coroner may not be able to tell much more about the deceased than "something tore him up" and assume it's a known animal.

I think we make way too many assumptions about BF. I know I'm the queen of spinning "what ifs" but I don't for one second count on mine or anyone else's best educated guess being a fact.

I'm going to guess that a human that got deep-sixed by a monkee would have very distinctive damage, particularly if it is in an area of the country does not have large predators. Even if it were in say, the PWS area of AK where some of the biggest bears in the world live and where bear maulings/killimgs are not uncommon, I'm guessing the damage would be distinctly different.

I agree with Sasfooty though on the folks that just go missing out in the bush. It's certainly possible they ran afoul of an irrate unacknowledged great ape and were never found...

I'm thinking that some people are never found after an irate BF finished with them.

They could eat their prey,that being us humans occasionally, and a torn up body could be difficult to locate. Really, I used to love being in the woods and camping. Now I'm sorta rethinking camping out away from other people in a remote area. I think that I'd like a crowd around us now. At least someone would know what had happened to us! :(

I think that is a likely possibilty as well. Every year a fair number of people disappear in the forest. No telling what happened to them. One cannot rule BF involvement I would think.

By the way, it is estimated that around 1,000,000 people go missing in the U.S. every year. Most are found of course, but some are not. Even if 99.5% are found that leaves 5,000 who are never seen again. And some of those folks were in the woods.

Va footer, That is an excellent point. People are lost and never recovered from the woods every year. I do wonder if a BF may have been involved with *some* :blink: of their disappearances?

Guest Sallaranda

Our only chance against Bigfoot is to pretend to be much more dangerous than we are. Loud roaring, aggressive behavior, firm stance, refusal to back down, etc. etc. Bigfoot might realize it's not worth doing battle, and would retreat. If Bigfoot was hellbent and determined on attacking a human, then Bigfoot wins 10 times out of 10.

My personal opinion is that humans had to have conquered Sasquatch at some point in history. Same with just about every apex predator. It is known that humans have done battle with lions, bears, Neanderthals, etc. throughout history. It is why we currently rule the world. It is my belief that mankind's greatest challenge came against Gigantopithecus, or something similar. A similarly structured ape with the physical advantage, but the intelligence advantage going to humans. I imagine it would have been a long, bloody, and very close battle with humans just barely coming out on top and pushing the opposing species to the brink of extinction. If these Bigfoot reports are of the last remaining individuals of that species, chances are they would have evolved to avoid humans. It is highly likely that Bigfoot and humans can't coexist, and both sides have done their part to ensure that.

BTW, Thank you and hugs from me to you :wub: You are a sweetie!

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic