Some Field Reports

Branco

Frap10: This comes from a friend of mine that I have known for over 30 years. We have never discussed Bigfoot in those 30 years. About a month ago I noticed he posted on Facebook an article on giant skeletons. This intrigued me, so I gave him a call and asked him his take on the subject without giving my own opinion. Before we got off the phone he happened to mention that his father had an encounter with a BF when he was in his early twenties.

Here's the encounter:

This goes back to the late 50's, back when little was known about the subject. If I remember right Jerry Crew hadn't discovered the BF tracks around their heavy equipment until about 1958. My friends father, who was in his early 20's, was out one day with a couple buddies and being bored young men they decided to explore an old abandoned house back off in the woods. They entered the house and from the first room they entered, they then went into the next room off to the side. This room's flooring was gone and they had to walk on the floor joists. After they had all entered the room and their backs were turned away from the door, the door slammed shut. One of his friends went to the door and tried to pull it open. Every time he tried to pull on the doorknob, the door would only move about a 1/4 of an inch and be pulled right back tight. Another of his friends tried to assist the one trying to open the door. Same effect, every time they tried to pull on the door it would only move about a 1/4 of an inch and then be pulled right back tight. This perplexed them and as they discussed what was causing it, they heard loud footsteps falling across the other room's floor. They made their way back to the door and they were able to freely open the door. When they entered the next room, they looked over at that room's only window. It was one of those old tall narrow windows and their was something blocking most of the light coming in. What turned out to be blocking the window was a very tall, wide bipedal creature. He said they actually had to look up to see it's face. From ground level the bottom of the window was about 3 feet off of the ground, accounting for probably an 8 foot ceiling in the room they were standing in, you can guess at the height of the creature. The creature turned and ran off, leaving 3 very perplexed, scared young men. 

I tend to believe this story because I knew his father. His father was a good man of few words that was well known in the professional drag racing circuit back in his day and I don't think he would make up a story to be labeled a nut job by his peers.   

Edited by Stillwater1967

Not missing in action yet!  :D Just busy time of year; cleaning the place up, gardening and entertaining out of state folks. I see light at the end of the tunnel; and plan on hitting both the river bottoms and the mountain in just a few days. Just able to get on the computer late at night. Regards to you and Gotta Know. 

Hey Branco. Just thought I quote you to hopefully get your attention! :)

Have you got anything fun you can share with us? Or anything old that we may not have read yet?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hope you are doing well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Branco!

Very interesting and well documented reports from Alabama!  It looks like there are at least two hotspots in the state, one in Morgan/Culman/Lawrance/Winston quad county area, and another in the Southwest along the Tombigbee/Alabama delta.  I am in Elmore county.   Have you ever heard of any sightings/reports in this area?

Thanks all for the recent comments, I appreciate them. Sorry I have not been posting much lately, but have had some family members with serious health problems and medical operations that have kept us concerned and busy. The great news for us; they are on the road to recovery.  

Here's a recent informal report I could not confirm, - but I will check it out. The evidence should still be there if it's legit. The incident reportedly occurred in south Arkansas near an oxbow lake in a remote, thinly populated, wooded, lowlands area that I know is inhabited by more than a few Bigfoot. (I have been down there a lot during the past three years.)This friend called me on his cell phone from a hunting camp this past Saturday. He said he was alone at the camp and had been doing some work with heavy equipment in the area for weeks. He came back to the cabin Friday evening, was pretty tired, fixed himself a meal and carried it outside to eat by a campfire he had rekindled. It was cold but he had on work clothes to keep him warm until the firewood he had put on the coals started to burn. He ate his meal while sitting in a comfortable camp lounge chair. After eating he said he leaned back in the chair and before he knew it, he was sound asleep and snoring.  (He didn't say he was snoring, but after sleeping in a camp a few nights with him and others, I can assure you that if he was asleep, he was snoring, and out like a light.) 

Anyway, sometime in the early morning (no doubt at about 2 PM, the historical "witching hour" for BF messing with people) he woke up so hot that he was sweating. When he opened his eyes he could not believe that he was seeing the flames from the fire were several feet high and his clothes and the chair's frame were hot. When he jumped up to see why the fire was so big, he saw that a huge section of "rich pine" (the heart section of the trunk and roots of an old, dead pine after the rest of the tree has rotted off) had been placed on the fire while he was asleep. The flames from the fire were so high, he moved around to the other side of the fire to try move the pine off the fire. He then noticed that the huge rich pine section consisted of very long, thick section of the heart of very large tree and the large rich pine roots with fresh wet soil still clinging to the base and the root.

He said he could barely move the upper end of the pine by pulling it sideways to get it off the fire. He said he could not budge the base/root end because of its weight and the weight of the wet soil attached. He stated he could see a furrow in the ground at the base/roots, and the furrow ran to a small embankment. With a flashlight he said that he could see where the tree had been overturned and pulled from the ground on the down-slope side of the embankment. He said it would have been impossible for ten men to have overturned and pulled the remains of the old pine tree out of the ground. He saw no tracks of anything, including machinery. According to him, whatever tracks were made while pulling the remains of the tree to the fire would have been obliterated by the root ball being drug over them. The ground around the camp and campfire area is hard packed by vehicles.

Had it been possible, I would have driven the two hours to check this out. Coincidentally, I received a call from another friend who lives in town near me today. He knows the area in which this event reportedly occurred. He said he (a “hog doggerâ€) had ‘**** hunting friends who had their dogs chased out of the woods in that same area. Because he had hunted so much in the bottoms, when the hunters ask about what he thought would chase trained dogs out of the wood and put them back in their dog boxed cowed down and shaking, he always tells them, “I don’t have a clueâ€. He HAS more than a clue; he has seen more Boogers than I have, and has had his own dogs chased out of the river and creek bottoms in south AR.    

The odd part of this report is that in one of the reports I investigated in Talladega County Alabama, a friend of mine over there had a somewhat similar thing that happened to a rich pine stump on his place. I’ll see if I added to this thread.

• Upvote 4

Hi Branco!

Very interesting and well documented reports from Alabama!  It looks like there are at least two hotspots in the state, one in Morgan/Culman/Lawrance/Winston quad county area, and another in the Southwest along the Tombigbee/Alabama delta.  I am in Elmore county.   Have you ever heard of any sightings/reports in this area?

I don't believe I have ever been on the ground in that county. Drove through it on 85 a lot of times, and crossed it going up to Talladega County on Hwy 21/231. It's one of the few counties that hasn't generated many BF reports, although the BFRO has received one report from there that has not yet been published. The raw report was received from the BFRO in November of last year.

There are also a couple of reports from Elmore County on the GCBRO's data base if you have not already seen those. I appreciate your kind comments.

http://gcbro.com/ALelmorecty.html

• Upvote 1