Does Bigfoot Exist?

AaronD,

Getting a legitimate physical BF body will reject Alternative 2, but would it also reject Alternative 1 (of your list above)?

I am curious if collecting a type specimen would reject your Alternative 1 hypothesis or is it still within the bounds of what you expect?

Not sure if you have already elaborated you Alternative 1 hypothesis in detail elsewhere in BFF, so my apologies for not fully understanding what you propose.

But if it excludes the possibility of collecting a BF body, then your Hypothesis #1 will predict that NAWAC (and all others trying to hunt a BF) will fail in collecting a type specimen.

If it includes the possibility of collecting a BF body, then I can't distinguish it from the NA Great Ape Hypothesis. It is just a matter of how much intelligence you assign the specimen.

If someone brings in an actual body, and it can be determined that it is just an animal after all, I will be forced to alter my stance. But for now, I think Hypothesis #1 is the most likely truth....

• Upvote 2

A body will determine where they fall in the family tree, but there will be those who will look at the corpse and declare that it is no more human than a chimp or gorilla.

It'll take analysis of reports, extensive interviews with lay researchers and, finally, field study before the most ardent skeptics are convinced that they are everything they are said to be.

I concur with hypothesis 1, but would modify it to simply state that they've reached the evolutionary pinnacle of what human development could have been had our ancestors selected for primal efficiency rather than social and technological capability.

Having recently reread Burroughs' Tarzan of the Apes, I think of how he describes the capabilities of a human who has been raised in a primal fashion, to the point that he maximizes his human potential within a primal environment.  Extrapolate beyond this to include evolution in all aspects to further maximize the primal potential.

Explorer, Aaron D, JDL- you guys may want to be informed HOW a animal or proported human is able to gain the staTUS OF PERSONAGE AND OBTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. go to nonhumanrights.org and on the left hand side of the opening page click on to  the Dyson Lecture by Professor Steve Wise. Does anyone remember  that African Americans had to gain personage and legal rights in court? Listen to the Dyson Lecture and you might be suprised.

Thady, thanks for your kind words. If you feel your views might be in violation of our rules, you could purchase a premium membership. Several similar topics have been started in the Tar Pit, that may interest you.

Thank you, and appreciated; but -- been there, done that, for myself didn't find it worthwhile.  Others' mileages will vary...

If it is illegal to shoot a bigfoot in a county in the Northwest, isn't that an indication of legal rights given to a known species?  Just wondering….

I'm no scientist, but from my experiences where I live, I do believe they exist.  That's all I can tell you.  It's all I need to know that they are real.