What Do Friends/ Family Think About You& Bf ?

Doc Holliday

Guest BCCryptid

My daughter loves it, reads all my sasquatch books, is now my junior expedition partner.

My son couldn't care less, bitched and moaned the whole time I took him in the woods on a hunt.

My g/f thinks it's cool, wants to go out looking with me, finds it very interesting.

Basically when I've told friends or family I get "Ummmm, ok."

What's nice though, on occasion, I will get into a discussion with someone when I tell them of my hobby.

They will throw some questions at me and I will do my best to answer them. Often times they will say that they never really thought about the whole thing and that I presented a good case.

That's the thing. Most of the time, we are dealing with people who couldn't care less about the subject of Sasquatch. They have a few preconceived notions, but haven't really thought about why they think the way they do.

Present them with some simple facts and quite often they will be open to having their minds changed. Or at least they will listen to an honest discussion.

Guest ShadowPrime

My friends and family? I would say their reaction, collectively, is one of patient, affectionate amusement, and some curiosity. Coupled with affectionate indulgence.

Yeah, I am lucky, and I know it. :D

Shadow

Guest Ambermae

None of my friends or family know of my interet at the moment, i've only just got back into it.

I'm actually struggling with whether to teach my daughter some stuff about Bigfoot and Cryptozoology in general or not, she is only 2 but she is advanced and is asking questions but i don't want to influence her too much, i want her to decide for herself if she believes in Bigfoot or even if she is interested in the first place.

I'm yet to find out if i can get access to the forums on my work computer so i guess i'll have to see what happens there when i go back after my surgery. If i can access it then they will definately notice what i am up to, they are nosey enough, you can't even hiccup without someone saying something. :rolleyes:

Guest Ambermae

My two younger brothers- Have a big issue with my story and think I am lying for attention. They even attempted a silly "Bigfoot intervention" with me. I stood up and walked out.

John, what does a "Bigfoot intervention" consist of exactly? I'm not being funny as you know but i can't imagine how one would go about it.

The subject of bigfoot/sasquatch is guarunteed to come up around the fire when out camping with me and my friends. Most of it consists of what would we do if we saw one right now or what if we saw a huge hand come down and grab Vinnie, you know guys being guys.

My mom will sometimes watch a show or two with me on bigfoot. So will my dad when I'm at his house. My grandfather will also.

All seem to believe it exists.

SSR Team

The encounter caused the sleep issues.

JC, please correct me if i'm wrong here but would i be right in saying that the sleep issues were because, excuse my French, the encounter 7 what you saw, scared the living sh*t out of you ??

Simply put, my family /friends think I'm nuts for my interest in the subject. I tried showing the wife The Legend of Boggy Creek not too long ago and finally stopped. She was laughing her Missouri butt off and I was getting ticked.

Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

B) It's about that old saying: 'Always a bumb in your own home town.' My immediate family thinks I'm nuts, so I button my lip, but the neices and nephews want to hear all about it. Maybe the younger generation has been so exposed to BF infotainment since their births that they take it as a more acceptable subject to discuss in earnest.

Dudlow

JC, please correct me if i'm wrong here but would i be right in saying that the sleep issues were because, excuse my French, the encounter 7 what you saw, scared the living sh*t out of you ??

That would be correct. I did not go into the woods again until May 2008.

SSR Team

That would be correct. I did not go into the woods again until May 2008.

Thanks for being honest in your answer JC..

My wife is one of the main reasons I'm here talking about this topic.

She witnessed a hominid like creature, as a young girl, on the other side of the globe.

I was married to her for four years, before she told me anything about it, and only because she saw me reading a book on the topic, in bed. I coaxed the story of her experience, out of her. She had no reason to impress me by telling me about it, as she already accomplished that well, when I was courting her, back in her place.

She could care less if it is ever found or proven. She knows it exists, or at least did exist. She has nightmares about her encounter, and this I know for sure.

My wife and fellow countryman (women) whisper about me at parties, after finding out I've been on expeditions and outings, specifically for the reason of finding BF. I also know this, because I can understand their language, better than they think ;)

My college age son, doesn't care, and only smiles if I speak of it.

My little daughter asks questions, but is afraid of the picture (I've hidden it away now) of an enhanced Patty head drawing, that a fellow investigator gave me at an outing.

My mother and my siblings don't really care, and know that I'd be out there in the forest every season...BF, or not.

• masterbarber locked this topic