What Do Friends/ Family Think About You& Bf ?

Doc Holliday

My husband thought I was losing my mind when I told him what I was hearing & seeing. Then one night he was sitting by an open window & got hit with one of those howl-scream-roar things that kind of paralyzes you for a couple of hours afterwards. He was a "knower" after that.

Friends & neighbors that I told would usually have their own story about what was going on at their place.

Some just think we're both insane.

Guest Kerchak

just curious but does anyone know approx what percentage of people who live in the PNW believe in Bigfoot?

That's a very interesting question I'd like to know the answer too. If not 'believe' then maybe being open minded enough to think there 'might' be something out there.

Guest Greldek

My dad, while he is skeptical always tells me, "The only thing anyone can say, is that nobody has proven it does, or doesn't exist." Which is his way of saying don't worry about what other people think, and do what makes you happy.

My wife thinks I'm foolish, not only for bigfoot, but because I joined a "ghost hunting" group. She's a firm believer in "it's all in your head." Once when she was telling me about the bible, I just said, "It's all in your head.' So we agreed that I can have my beliefs, about bigfoot, ghosts and such, and she can have her beliefs about religion, and neither one of us gets to ridicule the other for their beliefs.

As far as friends go, I've got some friends who just think I'm a big nerd for believing in this stuff. And I've got some friends who are pretty interested in it, and usually have stories to tell me. Then I've got a couple friends who think I'm absolutely nuts, not for believing in it, but for pursuing it. They think I'm going to get torn apart by bigfoot or possessed by some evil spirit when I'm out there.

Guest MetalMtnMan

Some people I can discuss it with and they ask questions even, others think I just joking and don't give it much thought.

My family was very supportive when I had an encounter at ten years old, mainly because the property owner had some experience with the BF and he and his wife were my parents best friends. Lucky for me I wasn't left out there hanging. My interest for the last few years has been with the support and help of my family, especially my daughter and her husband.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaveBeaty

My boss (who knows because I put in for vacation to go on an "expedition") just rolls his eyes. His previous employees may have had worse hobbies.

My wife is a disbeliever and thinks I waste time and money on the subject. She takes measures to hinder my research.

My children think it is a neat topic but do not want any part of it because sasquatch are big and scary.

My brother in Law got me re-started on the subject by showing me evidence of sasquatch in New Mexico and signing us up for a BFRO expedition (that he later weaseled out of). He lives vicariously through my research.

My father curses and utters politically incorrect insults if the subject is mentioned. Too bad for me, because he is the best outdoorsman I personally know. I would love to have him on a research outing.

Funny yesterday I was at my parents place doing some work on their spare computer (for the grand kids to use in the spare room).

While there I found a book that my grandmother gave me back in 1975. On the track of Sasquatch by John Green.

I forgot that she was the one that gave it to me until I opened the book up and read her note on the inside cover.

My family has always supported my quest for knowledge no matter what direction it takes

Guest Littlefoot14

Only my family and one other family even know I like bigfoot.

My dad gives me some crap about it, but he understands why im so interested in it. He knows i had an encounter a few years back that caused my interest. He watches the shows with me and is begginning to learn some of the things associated with bigfoot, then he sees some of them or hears a weird sound at camp and instantly says its bigfoot just to bother me :lol:

The other family only knows because the kid i was with when i had my encounter is their son.

My family doesn't have a problem with it, other than my grown children. They roll their eyes when the topic comes up and laugh. My friends are mostly fence sitters with a couple who have actually had encounters.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jtaylorcubsfan

My beautiful wife thinks that I am nuttier that a squirrel turd. Its good to be close to a skeptic. We balance each other out.

It's breathtakingly easy to talk to people about the subject. The simple truth is that most of us here possess more knowledge about BF than 99.99999% of the population. Use that knowledge to draw them in then challenge them to dispute your claim. I've never met one who could.

I approach things with "citizens" from a purely logical perspective. Almost everyone has seen the PGF. I explain that it's either a living, breathing bigfoot or a man in a suit. Period. I ask them to agree or disagree, they agree. (What clear-thinking person wouldn't?) I explain about human ASH ratios, both men and women, and describe Patty's ASH ratio. They listen more intently. Then I explain about Patty's short lower leg. They arch an eyebrow. I explain about a nearly-horizontal lower leg and the compliant gait of Patty. They say "hmmm". I ask them to take two steps 41" apart. They can't. I explain the trackway. They keep looking at their feet then out to see just how far 41" really is. They nod their head to one side, then lower their mouth and think, "Maybe". If I happen to be near a computer I pull up several close-up pictures of Patty from behind and show them muscle groups which are abundantly evident. You hear "Whoa" or Wow".

I conclude by asking them what the probability might be that each of these things could happen, not only singly but together as well, and it be a man in a suit. I've never met the person who still rolled their eyes, or held that devilish smirk, at conversation's end.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Hello to all, Out side of my family, i get nothing but ridicule.

Ha! Lucky you!

I get the MOST ridicule from my family. My Dad and both of my brothers think it's a hoot, it's nothing more than ammunition for them to razz me. But every cloud has a silver lining, right? They buy me what they think are "gag gifts", but the last one was a really nice Bushnell trailcam. So I'm beginning to think that they at least acknowledge the possibility...otherwise why would they pitch in and spend a couple hundred bucks on a "gag gift"?

Guest Vincent

Here is what happened to me when I started talking about my encounter. My encounter happened on Labor day weekend 1982. I started talking about it openly in May 2008.

Where to begin?

i kmow this is an older post but..., WOW.. your friends and family actually got together for a bigfoot intervention?

what did this entail? how can you intervene in a bigfoot beluef? what caused it? post if you like but its also personal sounding so i wont be dissapointed in you didnt reply..

wow!!

1. My immediate family.

My Mother- She knows I would not lie to her, but is still not convinced about Bigfoot. She immediately made the connection between the encounter and my sleep issues. Immediatly.

My Step Father- Was deceased when I started talking.

My older sister- Could care less and never even mentions it at all.

My two younger brothers- Have a big issue with my story and think I am lying for attention. They even attempted a silly "Bigfoot intervention" with me. I stood up and walked out.

My nieces and nephews- Could care less and never even mention it at all.

2. My ex girlfriend- Thinks I am lying. I suspect because of all the other stupid man lies I told her over the years. Never mind the fact that she slept beside me for 20 of those 26 years and witnessed my sleep problems better then anyone. I think she can't get past the fact that I would never talk to her about the reason for my sleep problems. I was just keeping things from her AGAIN.

3. My friends (non Bigfooters) Most have the same attitude as my brothers and ex-girlfriend. Some of them even participated in the Bigfoot intervention. Now we have a sort of truce where the topic is not brought up because it usually ends up in a argument and my walking out.

4. My C0-workers- Someone at work heard a radio interview I did and the "comedy" spread around the work place like wildfire. I work for a Fortune 100 company in a building that at that time had over 800 employees. To this day, I cannot walk to the restroom without people staring, pointing and giggling. The immediate people I work with (around 20) are not so bad and some even ask me questions about what happened to me and what goes on when I head out on Bigfoot expeditions. Some were even supportive when they saw negative news articles about me and excited when they saw me on TV.

Thoughts?

I had to think long about this one.

Friends that thought I was nuts, I told them to hit the road. They think I'm crazy or lying about what I've seen &*%*# them!!! Those aren't friends. :angry:

Friends that thought it was far fetched, on the fence, I convinced, or went hmmm because I had seen something respected my drive, I use for counter balance. ;)

Co-workers, that think I'm nuts, never say it to my face anyway, because they probably figure I'd find a way to kill them slowly. :o

Co-workers, that don't think I'm nuts, obsessionally will ask me questions, and every once in a while I get a good lead. B)

My family, what I have left, actually think it's kind of cool. Something exciting and interesting. They may not all buy it, but they appreciate my drive and passion.And always ask me what's new. :)

(I know...10 yard penalty..excessive use of smileys!!!)

• masterbarber locked this topic