What Do Friends/ Family Think About You& Bf ?

Doc Holliday

All of my family and friends know of my interest,in things related to sasquatch and of my activity in the woods. They all are supportive and are curious about it.  I have several friends who have developed an interest too and we go out together on hikes, overnight and weekend outings.

Many have asked why I have a belief in BF and I take my time to describe what I have seen and heard and it genuinely sparked their curiosity.  One buddy starting laughing but I sat down with him and explained what I had seen. Now, he's always asking if I've had any new experiences.

I feel fortunate.

My son and youngest daughter believes in the creatures, My friends are split on the subject.

I of course am reasonably sure they do not exist. I do however am fascinated by the idea and enjoy unsolved mysteries.

I talked to a young person not long ago about this.

Friends and family started in on this individual about being crazy when the subject came up, not a receptive audience.

As a kid , this one had an interesting sighting , basically playing in the yard, looked up and saw a brown hairy something staring back from the woods . Then the kid got scared threw a toy  at it and it ran off.

The incident didn't occur in the suburbs either,it was at an old farm surrounded by several large tracts of timber at the time.

It was enough to convince this person, who has since grown up and earned a rep for being no nonsense and honest, yet now knows better than to bring it up .

Such stories make me wonder just how many regular folks see things that we never hear about because of input from friends/ family.

I'd guess for each untold story there is probably at least one false report in the various databases.  As it stands now I believe reports would indicate BF is much more prevalent across much of N.America than it actually is given the lack of good solid evidence.

My money is on a relatively low population and most likely nomadic.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

Such stories make me wonder just how many regular folks see things that we never hear about because of input from friends/ family.

Many.  Incredibly many.   I can think of a couple in my own family.   One "adult" threatened to not merely whup me, but to deliberately damage me, if I told of my first sighting a second time.   Turns out 40 years later that same "adult" told of his own experience.    Fear of ridicule, fear of admitting there's something he's not the expert on, fear of being afraid ... beats me. 

After living here just over 20 years, I'm beginning to break into the culture of the older, original families who settled the area.   They are .. reserved.   Turns out most of the places I have had bigfoot experiences have a long history, not necessarily with bigfoot being named, but a history of "things" happening which the teller would describe as hair raising or terrifying but never specifically name.   'tis possible that with more years, I'll gain more trust and learn more details.  

It's not a thing that happens quickly.   The person with their feet on the ground gathering information better plan on it taking decades.    However, you either let it take as long as it takes, or you give up.  Trying to force the issue makes it take longer or not happen at all, it does not achieve the desired effect.

MIB

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked this topic